Closed Thread
Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

There's another article out on Reality Wanted about Kip. He speaks about his mom's portrayal, Reid, making out on camera and most of all, how he was blindsided at the end.

It also sounds like he didn't tell his family about the ending in advance. So, I imagine to be "permanently smiling" the last two months has been tough for him.

This is from Reid's teleconference: I'm surprised at the bolded part. Was Kip only being used to set him up as the next bachelor - any thoughts?

Q:"When you proposed to Jillian, did you envision it would be as simple as, you showed up, profess your love and you two would run off?"

A:"I don't know what I was thinking at the time. I was a little stressed out. I guess I thought there was no competition if I came back and told her how I felt. I almost felt it was a test on her part. But I guess it wasn't. She even said at the [After the Final Rose] taping she would have sent Kiptyn home and it would have been between me and Ed."
    If someone shows you who they are, believe them. - Dr. Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by painauchocolat;3623718;
    This is from Reid's teleconference: I'm surprised at the bolded part. Was Kip only being used to set him up as the next bachelor - any thoughts?

Q:"When you proposed to Jillian, did you envision it would be as simple as, you showed up, profess your love and you two would run off?"

A:"I don't know what I was thinking at the time. I was a little stressed out. I guess I thought there was no competition if I came back and told her how I felt. I almost felt it was a test on her part. But I guess it wasn't. She even said at the [After the Final Rose] taping she would have sent Kiptyn home and it would have been between me and Ed."
    I don't appreciate that bit at all. Even if it's true, why even brought it up? That contrasts with Kip's interview: all he ever wanted/wants for Jillian is her happiness.
    That being said, sometimes I do wish she had sent Kiptyn home at F3. If you read the other interview at the reality wanted, he said he'd sensed Jillian was a little different at LCD. It broke my heart to see he got hurt at FRC.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3623725;
    I don't appreciate that bit at all. Even if it's true, why even brought it up? That contrasts with Kip's interview: all he ever wanted/wants for Jillian is her happiness.
    That being said, sometimes I do wish she had sent Kiptyn home at F3. If you read the other interview at the reality wanted, he said he'd sensed Jillian was a little different at LCD. It broke my heart to see he got hurt at FRC.
    One of Kip's finest qualities IMO is his humility. It's a quality I wish a lot more of this season's bachelors possessed.

Back over here to my happy place! I didn't watch after Kip's part, but did she actually say this on air?!? I agree that Reid could take a lesson in humility from Kip. It takes a very mature person to be able to put your own heartbreak aside and genuinely want whats best for the other person.

I didn't get her not seeing herself growing old with Kip. Heck, I could handle spending the next 50 years waking up knowing I had a man like that in my life. (seeing those abs every morning would be an added bonus!)

What a gentlemen and one of the true gems on this entire series, in my opinion. I didn't watch most of the FRC knowing the outcome just because I couldn't bare watching Jillian leading Kip on. But I'm not too sad for him, because I know there are only better and more beautiful things on his horizon...including a future wife.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3623695;
    There's another article out on Reality Wanted about Kip. He speaks about his mom's portrayal, Reid, making out on camera and most of all, how he was blindsided at the end.

It also sounds like he didn't tell his family about the ending in advance. So, I imagine to be "permanently smiling" the last two months has been tough for him.
    Thank you, Stanley, for steering us in the direction of the complete interview. As one of our posters described him earlier in the season, he oozes a "zen"-like aura. I loved how he talked about purposely reflecting/processing his feelings throughout the experience to ensure he was falling in love with Jillian and not the process. Also loved how he said he was able to obtain closure by watching Jillian in several interviews and seeing how in love she is with Ed. To me, that is the epitome of agape love.

truelovealways - thank you so much for trying to make sure people on the board read the Kiptyn interview by posting it on the Media Thread. But, like the comments I just posted, it has once again gotten lost among the ongoing discussions. I appreciated that Kiptyn said he had watched most of Jillian's interviews and could tell she was happy. That was primary for him - that she was and is happy.

He sounds as though he is seriously considering The Bachelor role. Hmm. My worry is and always has been that because the dynamic is so different for the Lead as compared for the Contestants, that he will lose himself in the process, rather than owning it. He owned it this go around, but would he be able to the next time?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3624130;
    truelovealways - thank you so much for trying to make sure people on the board read the Kiptyn interview by posting it on the Media Thread. But, like the comments I just posted, it has once again gotten lost among the ongoing discussions. I appreciated that Kiptyn said he had watched most of Jillian's interviews and could tell she was happy. That was primary for him - that she was and is happy.

He sounds as though he is seriously considering The Bachelor role. Hmm. My worry is and always has been that because the dynamic is so different for the Lead as compared for the Contestants, that he will lose himself in the process, rather than owning it. He owned it this go around, but would he be able to the next time?
    Ariel, read my reply in the media thread. He did say he has lots of questions about it, though. Did he have a handler with him? If he's doing the AJ's Playhouse interview in San Diego next week, I wonder if the handler will be there? Maybe he can answer questions more candidly, I hope!
    I always feel he's very careful about what he has to say, that's why probably some people viewed him "boring" on the show.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3624151;
    Ariel, read my reply in the media thread. He did say he has lots of questions about it, though. Did he have a handler with him? If he's doing the AJ's Playhouse interview in San Diego next week, I wonder if the handler will be there? Maybe he can answer questions more candidly, I hope!
    I always feel he's very careful about what he has to say, that's why probably some people viewed him "boring" on the show.
    I did and replied that yes, his answer was boiler-plate and rather vague, but I did wonder about his use of the word Opportunity. Will someone (you?) post the link when the radio show takes place? I remember when he was on before, they asked him if he would come back after it was all over and he said Yes - this is my home!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread