Closed Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Bachelorette’s Wes: Don’t Believe All You See on TV
    July 14, 2009

“There’s an old saying here in Texas,” says ex-Bachelorette contender Wes Hayden. “Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see … On that show, I wouldn’t believe anything.”

After the July 6 episode, which showed the Austin singer apparently confessing to having a girlfriend and other villainous acts after getting the boot from Jillian Harris, Wes is dealing with the fallout — and contending that what people saw was not the real Wes. And after PEOPLE spoke to accused girlfriend Laurel Kagay, Wes and his ex, who he says “was 100 percent telling the truth,” have been bombarded by angry calls and emails.

“We haven’t been together since last July or August,” he says. “She’s going through hell right now. People are calling her a bitch and a whore and are telling people to boycott her business, which she’s worked hard to do for years and years. She’s finally successful, and now she’s getting phone calls at all hours of the night.”

Last weekend in San Antonio, Wes says, “a girl walked up and said, ‘You’re such an ass.’” He replied, “Look, it’s a TV show. That’s it. I don’t know what else to tell you.”

But Wes sees such encounters as opportunities to tell his side of the story. Last Friday, he performed at the Lucky Mule in Abilene, Texas. “Before I went on stage, the deejay said, ‘Look, I’m bringing Wes onstage, and I don’t want anybody throwing beer bottles or cussing him out. This is Wes Hayden the artist, not Wes the TV guy.’” After the show, “People said, ‘I came a hater and left a fan,’” Wes recalls.

But booking such shows is harder than ever. Those that have canceled have spelled out their reason clearly: “They’ve said, ‘Basically, nobody’s going to show up,” he says. “Nobody wants to see this guy that everybody thinks is a bad guy.”

One of the key moments on The Bachelorette that turned Wes into a villain was the limo ride after his departure, when he appeared to say he was the only contender to make it to the final four with a girlfriend. “That was a question that was asked of me in the limo,” he says, and he simply repeated it.

“‘Yeah, right. Get real, man. If I’d had a girlfriend, I’d be home,” he adds. “I wouldn’t be dealing with this.’”

And about that apparently confrontational date with Jillian in Spain, Wes says that he and Jillian had a nice time, holding hands and kissing at dinner. “Then I got the fantasy card, and she said, ‘Do you think I should do this?’” Wes recalls. “I told her yes. That’s how in the dark I was. If things were going badly, I wouldn’t have.”

But once he was denied the fantasy suite, “I knew right then that my time was probably done.”

Although Wes is concerned about the threats he and Laurel have received, he has no regrets about meeting Jillian. “She’s a wonderful woman,” he says. “I’d be very anxious to see if somebody’s getting married out of this show; that would make me believe anything. But she’s such a wonderful woman that she doesn’t need a TV show to find a husband.”
    Link

FORT Newbie

Thanks for posting that article. I believe Wes did get a bad edit that has affected his career & those around him. That's what angers me; this has affected innocent people around him. I listened to the whole 85 minute interview he did with realitysteve & that's what changed my mind about Wes.

& I feel foolish for having believed that Wes said those things. I mean, I know those words came out of his mouth but they were taken out of context. Now it makes more sense why Jillian didn't boot him earlier.

A plan that backfired. What a crock!

FORT Newbie

I thought Wes was a douche this whole season up until the Wes-Jake showdown. Jake's story didn't fit and that's when I realized maybe Wes was just pegged as the villain all along. Jake said the episode before TX that if he found out someone had a girlfriend he would tell Jillian. Then when he told her (or maybe this was in an interview) he said Wes had been talking about his gf all along. It doesn't add up. I think Jake took something out of context. I listened to the Wes interview and I too think he sounded sincere. I feel like a fool for eating it all up. I know a lot of people have their mind made up about Wes but just remember....the most important thing about this show to producers is not the love story but the entertainment and ratings. I feel really bad for Wes now. I wish this show did just focus on the love stories, seeing them unfold and develop because I personally don't care about the useless drama.

Mom of 3:)

He's a jerk. I really liked him at first, but now, the only thing The Bachelorette probably did for him is lose CD sales.

EDIT: I saw the article, and I think that will change a lot of perspectives.

Who really knows the truth? Not the fans, nor will we ever know, I feel.

ttp://communities.canada.com/theprov...-says-wes.aspx
    Here is a blog that has more revealing and funny lines from Wes' interview. Enjoy!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Hmm, my post got deleted, too. Weird.

I had two points, the first being that when Wes was shown talking to Jillian about his "girlfriend", he had several visual tells that indicated he was lying. These weren't manufactured by editing, and you wouldn't be able to see those same tells during the audio-only interview with Steve. Meaning, I liked the Steve interview, but I trust my eyes more.

The second point was that, while TPTB are known to manipulate people and create drama, if everything about Wes' edit were faked, that would be far beyond anything they've done before, imho. In other words, even they wouldn't go THAT far.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3588223;
    ttp://communities.canada.com/theprov...-says-wes.aspx
    Here is a blog that has more revealing and funny lines from Wes' interview. Enjoy!

FYI, your link is broken. You left off the h, in http:

Here ya go
    Reality Bites, says Wes - Gillian's Island

How could Wes possibly been in the dark on his date where Jillian read the Fantasy Suite invitation? After all, she was crying during the date because of Wes' comments about his girlfriend--ooops-ex-girlfriend. And yet he claims to be "in the dark".

Wes' comments are all full of holes. He has an excuse for everything. He is a slick liar IMO.

IF he's telling the truth, then the show committed libel against him and he can sue. I guess we'll just wait and see if he does. But there are plenty of indications he's lying, and few indications he's telling the truth. I seriously doubt the show and network would libel him and then compound their crime by refusing to allow him to publicly correct their defamation of him.

Closed Thread