Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

I don't think Wes is the guy the edit showed, nor do I think he is some victim either. And I was glad to see him go, along with everyone else, mostly because I was soooo sick of his storyline and all the fake drama that went along with it. However, I sort of cheered (and laughed) during his exit ... at the RC and in the limo. It was awesome to see someone give the middle finger (literally & figuratively) to TPTB. That was entertainment! And I don't think Jilly was too broken up about it at that point.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DebC;3554548;
    I 100% believe that the producers take creative license with his comments. Notice that a large part of his comments are voice overs.
    Much of his limo ride was not a voice over.

And ditto a pp about a grown man uses the word 'retard' in reference to another grown man

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SewCrazy;3557459;
    I don't think Wes is the guy the edit showed, nor do I think he is some victim either. And I was glad to see him go, along with everyone else, mostly because I was soooo sick of his storyline and all the fake drama that went along with it. However, I sort of cheered (and laughed) during his exit ... at the RC and in the limo. It was awesome to see someone give the middle finger (literally & figuratively) to TPTB. That was entertainment! And I don't think Jilly was too broken up about it at that point.
    I'm glad to see him go, too. Notice ALL people who look like arses on reality TV all seem to claim bad editing? They all the sammee thing. Jails are full of people who claimed they didn't do it - same thing.. Every villain reality tv contestant goes down claiming bad editing.

Either you made the statements, or you didn't. Voiceover or not, he still made them. He said "I have Jillian wrapped around my little finger".. that's cocky and arrogant.. whether that was in response to a question or not, he still said it!! I don't get how responding to a question absolves him of guilt? He still said all the terrible things he said.

I never cared for Wes from the get-go, even before the edit monkeys really got started. Something about him rubbed me the wrong way, but it bugs me that they had to make him into such a caricature. Instead of dramatic and entertaining, it got to be boring and annoying, especially when so much of the season was centered on his story line. For instance, I would really like to have seen more of the HTDs, and instead we get a bunch of 10-minute dates and about 40 minutes of Wes? Really??!!!

I doubt he was a prince of a guy, but his edit was just way too much. He wasn’t even good television...well, at least until that last episode. In any case, count me among those who are glad the Wescapades are over.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fan

I have a friend who cultivates an outrageous persona. She's always saying critical or sarcastic things, but expecting that everyone will cut her lots of slack because "that's just the way she is." I suspect Was is that way. He likes saying his bad-boy stuff that maybe he means and maybe he doesn't. He expects everyone to say, "Oh, that's just Wes, he just likes saying outrageous things for the hell of it."

Well, boys, don't do that on a reality show. TPTB cut no slack.

I am 2 weeks behind in watching the Bachelorette...just saw Jill pick Wes over Jake and wanted to come on here to see if the f'ker was still on before watching the episodes, as each week he sickens me more. I hope he NEVER gets famous with his stupid album, b/c I certainly will not buy it and if I hear any of his crap on the radio, I will be complaining to the radio station(s).

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3564035;
    I am 2 weeks behind in watching the Bachelorette...just saw Jill pick Wes over Jake and wanted to come on here to see if the f'ker was still on before watching the episodes, as each week he sickens me more. I hope he NEVER gets famous with his stupid album, b/c I certainly will not buy it and if I hear any of his crap on the radio, I will be complaining to the radio station(s).
    Watch the next episode...

not his fan, but here is his latest interview in "The Vancouver Province"

Reality bites, says Wes (click for story)

snipped... not a bad read, talks about being driven around in the limo untill he breaks LOL

Reality bites, says Wes
    Former contestant dishes on show
    By Gillian Burnett, The ProvinceJuly 13, 2009

For anyone who might have entertained the notion -- however fleetingly -- of taking part in a reality show, let Bachelorette contestant Wes Hayden's experiences serve as a cautionary tale. Hayden, a Texan country singer who exited the show last week after being portrayed as an opportunist with a girlfriend (and all-around jerk) in the quest for Jillian Harris's affections on ABC's The Bachelorette, has broken the first covenant of reality television: Never talk about what actually happened.

Hayden, who spoke out last week in an effort to repair his tarnished reputation, says that, at a certain point he "actually stopped watching the show because it makes me sick."
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

FORT Newbie

Our local paper (The Province, Vancouver, BC) has an article that reveals how Wes' words were manipulated. His final quote while in the limo was taken out of context. That quote we heard in the limo after his FRC was followed by "c'mon man. If I had a girlfriend, I'd be there with her now". He reveals that in the 2 months he was there he spent less than 4 hrs with her. He told the producers he wanted out while he was here in Vancouver.

I was sucked in by the editing & thought Wes should have been gone long ago. But after reading about his interview & listening to part of the interview with realitysteve (the whole interview is over an hour long), I feel bad for Wes. Actually, I feel bad for his ex-girlfriend. She is getting harassed by fans of the show.

I will still enjoy watching the show.

I don't dislike Wes that much, maybe he had a girlfriend, maybe he didn't, who knows how much was actually edited out. Jilly had plenty of warning, she did the picking, it was her choice and she knew all about his music career, cd..........it's coming out, his trying to get publicity.

Closed Thread