Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Reader more than poster Kacey253's Avatar

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3549656;

tnllubbock also posted about this on another thread, so I posted it on the Media Spoilers thread.
    Thanks VelvetRed! I wasn't sure where to post it. I thought about Media Spoliers but didn't know if it was considered a spoiler.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
    Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Kacey253;3549680;
    Thanks VelvetRed! I wasn't sure where to post it. I thought about Media Spoliers but didn't know if it was considered a spoiler.
    NP! This is one of those links that seems (to me) to belong in multiple threads (although maybe a Mod can clarify).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

lindsaybachelor

Hey guys--in case you haven't read Wes Hayden's recent radio interview (recorded Tuesday morning, after his exit show aired), it's really enlightening. I'm interested in all of your thoughts--do you guys buy what he says this time about getting a bad edit? Was he just joking around with the guys, and his comments got taken out of context?

I can't post a link, but you can read it at twitter (BachelorNews).

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaybachelor;3549705;
    Hey guys--in case you haven't read Wes Hayden's recent radio interview (recorded Tuesday morning, after his exit show aired), it's really enlightening. I'm interested in all of your thoughts--do you guys buy what he says this time about getting a bad edit? Was he just joking around with the guys, and his comments got taken out of context?

I can't post a link, but you can read it at twitter (BachelorNews).
    Here's the link (it's a report on the audio interview that Kacey253 posted just above). I can tell by skimming it that they shortened the interviewer's parts; not sure what (if anything) was left out of Wes' responses. I suggest listening to the audio (to me, better than reading text).

To answer your question, yes, I believe Wes.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I don't believe Wes got a bad edit. The words came out of his mouth straight into the ethernet.

- He has a girlfriend.

- He's there to promote his band, his single, and his tour.

- He was thrilled that he was the first guy to get into the top 4 on the Bachelorette with a girlfriend.

- He would not look people in the eye. He may not have directly lied to Gillian,but he did not tell the truth, either.

- He constantly tried to shift blame on others who were there for the right reasons.

- He was waiting to get home for sex, sex, sex. He didn't show any real romance towards Gillian.

Wes knew was he was getting into; regardless of whether his promotor, or agent thought it was a good idea. He knew real hearts were on the line but all Wes cared about was Wes; to get Wes, his music and his band, as much exposure at whatever the cost to everyone else.

Wes is no dummy. He is continuing to spin, manipulate and use whoever will listen, to believe his message. "Remember Wes. Remember Wes's Band. Buy Wes's CD. Buy tickets to Wes's tour. Give Wes Money, Fame, and Fortune.

Wes is solely in this for himself and his music. This was not a music or talent show. He was wrong to enter, and to continue as far as he did. An honest man, a good man, would have approached Gillian and left the show.

I think what Gillian said was very true. We should be sad for Wes. His music could have stood on its own. He didn't need to play this celebrity game.

And frankly, because Wes knew what he was doing, and played it out as long as he could, I dislike him.

Wes is not an honest man. He plays politics with people's heart. And now he's crying a river as a victim of editing.

I won't follow his music, his songs, or his career. Wes doesn't deserve it, IMO.

If it crawls like a snake, it's a snake.

Wes should write a song about that. It's something he's very familiar with.
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-07-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Fairly revealing radio interview with Wes this morning, well worth the listen.
    He comes off pretty well, all things considered. Give it a listen, it's 21 minutes long.
    Mediafly Player
    "I stopped paying attention to DeAnna for two seconds by accident so that I could go to the bathroom and she kicked me off" -tvgasm.com

Why? The guy's a loser!

What a looser! His edit was spot on!

The only thing sadder than Wes is that some watching this show will actually be intrigued by the guy who was willing to play Jillian. Some women get turned on by the challenge of trying to be the one to tame a player.

So for every self-respecting female out there who would never let a loser play her, there is probably a second female who won't recognize a loser-type until it's too late, and a third female who will actually be attracted to a loser-type.

Therefore, the odds are in favor of loser men.

And my 2-out-of-3 example is probably an underestimate.

Wes' exit wounds: (whether this was frankenspliced or not):
    In response to a likely bait from the camera person, Wes replies:
    ...do I think he'll lose to Reid?( re: Kip) You gotta be kidding me!
    I was born at night, but not last night. That fool's a _______ (bleeped out.)
    And Ed!! Them boys couldn't so much as get a nibble back in Texas!"

On the surface it appears he is commenting on the three men's chances of attracting the attentions of Texas women, but an unseemly reference to Ed's prairie oysters is another possible assertion.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Closed Thread