Closed Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3634174;
    Tanner admitted on the phone he only said that stuff because of pressure from the producers. This makes him a wimp and a liar. I think some people don't want to give up on the idea that what they see on the sh is real. It spoils the fairytale romance of it. When, in reality, what is romantic about at least letting the world believe you would hook up with three people in three nights or that you would become engaged to someone who, in their own words, was falling in love with at least two other people? No one in the real world would become engaged under those circumstances. They would run for the hills.
    Please direct me to this famous phone call if it exists. To many conclusions are being based on a suspected phone call that we do not know really exists. I do not kinow who the lie is Tanner P or others make him to sound like one. I know a number of men at the AFRC said Wes had told them he had a girlfriend. And that he came onto the show with ulterior motives to sell CD's. Please direct us to the Tanner P phone call. If it does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3634622;
    It is possible 2 or three out of the 30 guys would say that, Pease direct me to where they did. They did not say so at the AFRC.
    You know, it's not that hard to find it out for yourself. If you want to prove everyone wrong, you could dig information too. It goes both ways.
    You do know the MTA and ATFR were not live right, so there's more manipulation, splicing and dicing there as well.

Here is the Wes and Tanner phone call:
    Bachelorette: The “Wes and Tanner Tell All” Phone Call
    -it's everywhere and not that hard to find online.

Michael - it's on tvgrapevine
    Kip - his teleconference transcript
    -So you trust the other 28 guys more than the two favorites of the season? Michael and Kip were known to be the good guys of the season, if you believe the other 28 more than these two, then you're not going to believe anything about Wes. Another thing, weren't there only 10 guys at the MTA? So, it's not 2 or 3 of 30.
    Last edited by biglove44; 08-03-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3634631;
    Please direct me to this famous phone call if it exists. To many conclusions are being based on a suspected phone call that we do not know really exists. I do not kinow who the lie is Tanner P or others make him to sound like one. I know a number of men at the AFRC said Wes had told them he had a girlfriend. And that he came onto the show with ulterior motives to sell CD's. Please direct us to the Tanner P phone call. If it does exist.
    Michael also stated in his tv grapevine exit interview (it was the joint one with jake) that he did not come on initially for Jillian either. But both guys developed feelings for her as the show went on.

See my previous post for the tanner/wes call. He does say, "I know you don't have a gf".

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3634631;
    Of course it exists. I can't post a link unfortunately. Google youtube for it and its there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634779;
    You know, it's not that hard to find it out for yourself. If you want to prove everyone wrong, you could dig information too. It goes both ways.
    You do know the MTA and ATFR were not live right, so there's more manipulation, splicing and dicing there as well.

Here is the Wes and Tanner phone call:
    Bachelorette: The “Wes and Tanner Tell All” Phone Call
    -it's everywhere and not that hard to find online.

Michael - it's on tvgrapevine
    Kip - his teleconference transcript
    -So you trust the other 28 guys more than the two favorites of the season? Michael and Kip were known to be the good guys of the season, if you believe the other 28 more than these two, then you're not going to believe anything about Wes. Another thing, weren't there only 10 guys at the MTA? So, it's not 2 or 3 of 30.
    Just listened to the video. 1) Video was spliced 4 times at least. 2) That did not sound like Tanner. 3) Wes could be talking to anyone on the phone for all we know. 4) Was not live which is critism about Wes's edit. statements.

I agree that Wes got a bad edit from TB. They were telling a story and Wes played his part. I also heard the men speak negatively about Wes. Of course David defended him. It does not take away the fact that Wes came onto the show with ulterior motices to sell CD's and had no interest in Jillian.

I do not buy the video, it is not conclusive. It is worse that Wes on tb's splicing and edit. sorry

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3634318;
    I am just wondering if you think that any of the other guys had any ulterior motives for coming on the show? I honestly don't think that Wes was the only one. I mean in all honesty this show is not really about finding a long lasting love. My list of guys that went on the show for other reasons would be as follows:

Wes ~ career, promote self, band and cd.
    Jake ~ next Bachelor
    Jesse ~ promote family business
    Reid ~ promote family business, have an adventure
    Kip ~ promote charity, have an adventure, see if he could "pursue" a woman
    Michael ~ promote self (acting), have an adventure, next Bachelor
    Juan ~ promote family business, acting skills

That is just a partial list. There are more. The same with last season, and the season before that, and the season before that, etc. It is VERY rare for anyone (anymore) to go on this show simply for the chance to find their one and only. Some are more vocal about why they went on the show, like Wes. He admitted that he went on to further his career. If he really went on with a girlfriend, why not admit to that as well?!? Wes was dragged under the Fleiss Bus the entire season. There have been interviews with people that have said that yes they can in fact tell that he was spliced in alot of his conversations, these people are not Wes and have nothing to gain by lieing for Wes. Wes was used by Fleiss (big shock there as that is Fleiss MO) and now that he is suffering because of it he has tried to set the record straight. Perfectly understandable to me.
    I believe it was Mark the pizza guy that stated in an interview that every guy on the show was there to promote himself, Mark included. I don't know why this surprises people.

It seems to me that in general viewers would be much happier if they gave up the notion that this show is about finding love. It isn't and hasn't been for a very long time, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3634858;
    Just listened to the video. 1) Video was spliced 4 times at least. 2) That did not sound like Tanner. 3) Wes could be talking to anyone on the phone for all we know. 4) Was not live which is critism about Wes's edit. statements.

I agree that Wes got a bad edit from TB. They were telling a story and Wes played his part. I also heard the men speak negatively about Wes. Of course David defended him. It does not take away the fact that Wes came onto the show with ulterior motices to sell CD's and had no interest in Jillian.

I do not buy the video, it is not conclusive. It is worse that Wes on tb's splicing and edit. sorry
    You do understand that the MTA and ATFR had major splicing too right?
    -It sure sounded like Tanner to me...actually it was Tanner, you just choose not to believe it and that's okay.

More importantly, What have you brought to confirm that Wes indeed had a gf during filming??

Again, Michael also confirmed that he did NOT come on the show for Jillian and he had his own motives as well, again, you can search for his joint exit interview with Jake. Isn't Michael just as guilty as Wes?

FORT Fogey

YouTube Wes Tells All 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3634318;
    I am just wondering if you think that any of the other guys had any ulterior motives for coming on the show? I honestly don't think that Wes was the only one. I mean in all honesty this show is not really about finding a long lasting love. My list of guys that went on the show for other reasons would be as follows:

Jake ~ next Bachelor

That is just a partial list. There are more. The same with last season, and the season before that, and the season before that, etc. It is VERY rare for anyone (anymore) to go on this show simply for the chance to find their one and only. Some are more vocal about why they went on the show, like Wes. He admitted that he went on to further his career. If he really went on with a girlfriend, why not admit to that as well?!? Wes was dragged under the Fleiss Bus the entire season. There have been interviews with people that have said that yes they can in fact tell that he was spliced in alot of his conversations, these people are not Wes and have nothing to gain by lieing for Wes. Wes was used by Fleiss (big shock there as that is Fleiss MO) and now that he is suffering because of it he has tried to set the record straight. Perfectly understandable to me.
    While I believe that Wes got played by Fleiss and that you make some good points above, the problem here is not whether there were ulterior motives by the participants. Come on - would you believe that the only motive for 30 good looking, reasonably successful guys is to find a "soulmate" on a reality show?

Yeah, sure - Of course many of the others were also there for other motives! That part is understandable.

Wes was obviously there for one motive only - the music! But even that is not what doomed him! The problem with Wes all along was that he showed himself (or was edited by Fleiss) to be an "unpolished hick" with crass actions, and that he constantly boasted about his "two-faced" approach in front of the camera. Edit or no edit, this was dumb to do and showed his less than stellar self (if I was being kind to him I would say he was extremely naive)!

Of course, I do believe that people should ease up and just let the guy get on with his music and his life ! He has probably suffered enough!

FORT Regular

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sclilred1

Jake ~ next Bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3634869;
    I believe it was Mark the pizza guy that stated in an interview that every guy on the show was there to promote himself, Mark included. I don't know why this surprises people.

It seems to me that in general viewers would be much happier if they gave up the notion that this show is about finding love. It isn't and hasn't been for a very long time, if at all.
    I personally think the bachelorette would have to be a reincarnation of "Helen of Troy" for it to be believable that any of these guys would fall in love with her. Jil maybe a great person to chum around with but she just doesn't have that quality that makes men fall madly in love at first sight.

Closed Thread