Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3629806;
    Right, my daughter kept saying I'll leave too, after all that grilling. They put the gf on him, when they knew who had the gf.
    The other bachelors confirned Wes told them he had a girlfriend back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3632960;
    The other bachelors confirned Wes told them he had a girlfriend back home.
    Have you heard the youtube video of the phone call between Wes and Tanner? Where Tanner basically says that the producers told him to toe the line and play the part, that he had to lie? Have you read any of the write ups exposing the cut and slicing of Wes's words? All the bachelors have said in interviews that Wes got a very bad edit and that he is a good guy. (excepting Jake)

The strange thing about all this is, I could not care less about whether or not he went on the show for either exposure or had a GF. Wes afforded me a or two by some of the things he said and the way he said them. He has a great voice and whether or not I would choose to either buy or listen to any of his CD because of a show has no ground. I listen to music for pleasure. He does indeed march to the beat of his own drum or rather his guitar.
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHaze;3633234;
    Have you heard the youtube video of the phone call between Wes and Tanner? Where Tanner basically says that the producers told him to toe the line and play the part, that he had to lie? Have you read any of the write ups exposing the cut and slicing of Wes's words? All the bachelors have said in interviews that Wes got a very bad edit and that he is a good guy. (excepting Jake)
    I have not seen that anywhere. Please direct me to the youtube video if it exists. On the other hand, have you watched the AFRC video on youtube. several of the bachelors are not happy with Wes for coming on the show having ulterior motives. He came to sell records and was not interested in getting with Jillian in any way. Even the song he claimed to be writing for Jillian, where in one scene he said he had written another stanza, that was a lie. Because he had already written that song for his girlfriend back home. You can get all that on youtube. AFRC. Where do all the guys say Wes got a bad edit. I do not believe this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3633996;
    I have not seen that anywhere. Please direct me to the youtube video if it exists. On the other hand, have you watched the AFRC video on youtube. several of the bachelors are not happy with Wes for coming on the show having ulterior motives. He came to sell records and was not interested in getting with Jillian in any way. Even the song he claimed to be writing for Jillian, where in one scene he said he had written another stanza, that was a lie. Because he had already written that song for his girlfriend back home. You can get all that on youtube. AFRC. Where do all the guys say Wes got a bad edit. I do not believe this to be true.
    Michael said Wes got a bad edit.
    Kip said Wes got a bad edit.
    If Tanner is so against Wes, why have they been seen at the mall together? Why were they seen at a spa opening with Jeremy?

FORT Fogey

Tanner admitted on the phone he only said that stuff because of pressure from the producers. This makes him a wimp and a liar. I think some people don't want to give up on the idea that what they see on the sh is real. It spoils the fairytale romance of it. When, in reality, what is romantic about at least letting the world believe you would hook up with three people in three nights or that you would become engaged to someone who, in their own words, was falling in love with at least two other people? No one in the real world would become engaged under those circumstances. They would run for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3634174;
    Tanner admitted on the phone he only said that stuff because of pressure from the producers. This makes him a wimp and a liar. I think some people don't want to give up on the idea that what they see on the sh is real. It spoils the fairytale romance of it. When, in reality, what is romantic about at least letting the world believe you would hook up with three people in three nights or that you would become engaged to someone who, in their own words, was falling in love with at least two other people? No one in the real world would become engaged under those circumstances. They would run for the hills.
    Well when you say it like that, this show is just stupid and ridiculous. Tanner is such a pussy cat, minus the cat part! I think we all knew that when he brought the gf thing up in with Jillian and wouldn't admit to it at the rose ceremony or on the snowmobiling trip. A lot of things could have been resolved during that time BUT it wouldn't have been good tv had it been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3633996;
    I am just wondering if you think that any of the other guys had any ulterior motives for coming on the show? I honestly don't think that Wes was the only one. I mean in all honesty this show is not really about finding a long lasting love. My list of guys that went on the show for other reasons would be as follows:

Wes ~ career, promote self, band and cd.
    Jake ~ next Bachelor
    Jesse ~ promote family business
    Reid ~ promote family business, have an adventure
    Kip ~ promote charity, have an adventure, see if he could "pursue" a woman
    Michael ~ promote self (acting), have an adventure, next Bachelor
    Juan ~ promote family business, acting skills

That is just a partial list. There are more. The same with last season, and the season before that, and the season before that, etc. It is VERY rare for anyone (anymore) to go on this show simply for the chance to find their one and only. Some are more vocal about why they went on the show, like Wes. He admitted that he went on to further his career. If he really went on with a girlfriend, why not admit to that as well?!? Wes was dragged under the Fleiss Bus the entire season. There have been interviews with people that have said that yes they can in fact tell that he was spliced in alot of his conversations, these people are not Wes and have nothing to gain by lieing for Wes. Wes was used by Fleiss (big shock there as that is Fleiss MO) and now that he is suffering because of it he has tried to set the record straight. Perfectly understandable to me.

FORT Fogey

I also think that Wes was honest with Jillian in Spain telling her that, as it stood, he would not propose to her. Wes was clear that his music was his priority. He said that he was interested enough in her to stick around after the 6th episode (contrary to what his hacked up edit portrayed). He is sarcastic, witty, and not altogether polished. He was set up from the get-go as the guy to hate. He's done his best to defend himself and his career. Outside of a couple of people with their own agendas, no one who knows Wes has supported allegations of a girlfriend. In the end, all we have is own good judgment and instincts. Mine tell me that Wes is not a bad guy.

What my instincts tell me about Ed is that leaving was not his own idea, and the they knew he was coming back. He was not honest about something. I don't know if it was a girl he was hiding or his own feelings that he was hiding. All I know is that it seems to me there was a lot going on with Ed that we were not privy to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634138;
    Michael said Wes got a bad edit.
    Kip said Wes got a bad edit.
    If Tanner is so against Wes, why have they been seen at the mall together? Why were they seen at a spa opening with Jeremy?
    It is possible 2 or three out of the 30 guys would say that, Pease direct me to where they did. They did not say so at the AFRC.

Closed Thread