Closed Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Re: Wes - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by tsameshi;3567859;
    He reveals that in the 2 months he was there he spent less than 4 hrs with her. He told the producers he wanted out while he was here in Vancouver.
    So HE wanted out? It wasn't that Jillian dumped him, it was that he 'wanted out'? Is that before or after he wanted to go to the Fantasy Suite with Jillian? Just wondering. Something is suspicious. He talks in circles but never emphatically makes a statement.

I wonder if he got lots of sex when he got home, like he said he would?

FORT Newbie

Were told, the last 5 minutes would be a surprise. Ed, Kipton are the final two, no surpise there. We figured its Reid, my choice, but I'm not Jill. Its about Jill right, she loves country music, beer, kick back, etc. Don't believe he had a serious girlfriend back home. After being drilled and drilled about it, not believed, wouldn't you say, screw it and want to leave. His comment in the limo about the only guy in history to make it to the final four with a GF, was scarastic, period. Same as, going home to have lots of sex. Promote his music, the small amount of air time in what, over a month, could of been used better than this to market himself. Wes is the only true surprise I can think of.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3602880;
    I wonder if he got lots of sex when he got home, like he said he would?
    Believe it.

There is editing but word splicing to make him says things he never said or always editing out the But part of his sentences. So I for one feel bad that Wes was played - to some extent I have no sympathy about the fact he made it clear he was there to promote his music though even that could have been overplayed by the evil edit but he certainly got crucified for the girlfriend issue and it turns out he may have not had a girlfriend whereas Ed got a huge pass for the same thing. I think Wes will have to write a song about this whole experience and I'll bet its a big hit.

I suspect Wes was not allowed to go home but Ed was. Perhaps the work excuse trumps whatever Wes expressed as his reasons. Now maybe they knew Ed was coming back so they allowed him to go without legal repercussions.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 07-30-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blondethought;3617557;
    Were told, the last 5 minutes would be a surprise. Ed, Kipton are the final two, no surpise there. We figured its Reid, my choice, but I'm not Jill. Its about Jill right, she loves country music, beer, kick back, etc. Don't believe he had a serious girlfriend back home. After being drilled and drilled about it, not believed, wouldn't you say, screw it and want to leave. His comment in the limo about the only guy in history to make it to the final four with a GF, was scarastic, period. Same as, going home to have lots of sex. Promote his music, the small amount of air time in what, over a month, could of been used better than this to market himself. Wes is the only true surprise I can think of.

Right, my daughter kept saying I'll leave too, after all that grilling. They put the gf on him, when they knew who had the gf.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3602877;
    How could Wes possibly been in the dark on his date where Jillian read the Fantasy Suite invitation? After all, she was crying during the date because of Wes' comments about his girlfriend--ooops-ex-girlfriend. And yet he claims to be "in the dark".

Wes' comments are all full of holes. He has an excuse for everything. He is a slick liar IMO.

IF he's telling the truth, then the show committed libel against him and he can sue. I guess we'll just wait and see if he does. But there are plenty of indications he's lying, and few indications he's telling the truth. I seriously doubt the show and network would libel him and then compound their crime by refusing to allow him to publicly correct their defamation of him.
    I agree with you that Wes is a liar and the edit rang true. Sure, there were some statements that were put together as if said at one time but were clearly said at different instances but the statements themselves were not spliced. He clearly said those things and I do not believe that anything was taken out of context. As far as him being able to sue if the show did defame him, actually the contestants sign a contract that states that the show can portray them in anyway that they find entertaining, even if it's negative. I applied for The Biggest Loser last year and I signed something that said exactly that. I don't think being on the show will help or hurt his music career as he is a crappy singer to begin with. I am a HUGE country music fan and he has NO talent whatsoever.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Poor Wes. It was evident to me from the very first episode he was getting a hatchet job edit. All those voice overs where you could clearly hear the edit from one word to the next. I've even heard Tanner's voice when Jake's lips were moving. If anyone has any doubts still about Wes' horrible edit there is a term in the reality biz called "frankenbiting."
    Frankenbite (n): An edited reality show snippet, most often found in contestant testimonials, that splices together several disparate strands of an interview, or even multiple interviews, into a single clip. A frankenbite allows editors to manufacture "story" (see definition below) efficiently and dramatically by extracting the salient elements of a lengthy, nuanced interview or exchange into a seemingly blunt, revealing confession or argument. While the frankenbite's origins certainly don't reside in reality TV, this is a reality show editor's most potent tool for manipulating viewer perception of a contestant. Usage: "Man, they amped up that catfight with that vicious frankenbite of Margo."
    Also, a very interesting interview on NPR with a Bachelor producer who talks all about how these shows really work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tsameshi;3571544;
    I believe Wes did get a bad edit that has affected his career & those around him. That's what angers me; this has affected innocent people around him. I listened to the whole 85 minute interview he did with realitysteve & that's what changed my mind about Wes.
    Wes was heard on air. The other bachelors confirmed during the AFRC that Wes had told them he came to advance his music carear. This makes him false as he tried to play up to Jillian when all he wanted to do was sell records. Even worse some other bachelors confirmed that Wes had a girlfriend. He told some that he had written a song for his girlfriend back home. At the same time he was pretending he was now writing the same song for Jillian when the song was already completed. According to reports, it plays in that he will want to leave after a few episode. The deal was okay for a few kisses with Jillian. Not to sleep with her overnight. Feel sorry for Jillian who Wes played in front of millions on people. she is the one who is innocent.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3632333;
    Poor Wes. It was evident to me from the very first episode he was getting a hatchet job edit. All those voice overs where you could clearly hear the edit from one word to the next. I've even heard Tanner's voice when Jake's lips were moving. If anyone has any doubts still about Wes' horrible edit there is a term in the reality biz called "frankenbiting."

Also, a very interesting interview on NPR with a Bachelor producer who talks all about how these shows really work.
    Yep - I heard that interview too.

Closed Thread