Closed Thread
Page 991 of 991 FirstFirst ... 491891941981982983984985986987988989990991
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

  1. #9901
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    I fully support Reid doing this show for all the money he can possibly get out of it. He's going to get trashed. He might as well get paid for it. At least that's how I feel right now.

    Is there not some SAG issue with paying these folks exorbitant amounts of money for this? At what point do they become working actors instead of "reality stars?"
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  2. #9902
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    693

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3661266;
    *************
    Hey. I'm not breaking the truce but I have a legitimate question, which I would like to work together to answer.
    You posted a while back that I was incorrect in saying that Reid was paid. Are you now saying he was paid? Do you have any further information?
    Thanks.
    I was disagreeing with your comment that Reid was compensated extra for doing the whole coming back to propose thing. Not that he was paid originally. These guys are all paid (not alot but paid)

  3. #9903
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    75

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661271;
    ************
    Hey Lisamill, how about a truce? I honestly believe that we aren't that far apart on the facts but what I get from LA is a very different slant from what you get in Philly, ok?
    If you could hold back on the "full of crap," enhancing the facts," and "speculating" comments, I think we could work together to find the truth.
    I would like that.
    The ball is in your court.
    "No Way

    Just kidding

    Yes truce is fine. The crap comment again was based on the friend of Reid post but came off wrong. Not a problem. Keep working on what you hear and I will do the same. I also like your speculating just trying to seperate facts from possible facts.[/QUOTE]



    YEA!!!!

    Love the happy Reid-thread group!


  4. #9904
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    832

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3661256;
    lisamill, I'm not sure you can answer, but I'm curious about something. I know negotiations are complex, but I'm having trouble with the part about their not offering Reid enough money. Is he concerned about what he would miss if he had to miss being at his office? That would make sense to me. Or is he thinking about his future in the entertainment field? Is he aware of the monetary compensation of other Bachelors and Bachelorettes? Putting everything else aside - whether or not we would like to see him do it, how he plans to pursue other options in TV and radio (which I think will be there for him if he wants), how he would be edited, etc. - I'm just wondering about that one particular aspect of it. I guess I'm just hoping he's not like a star athlete demanding more money! That doesn't seem like the Reid I saw on the show.
    I disagree, Reid should absolutely demand what he thinks he is worth. What price do you put on your reputation and good name? Frankly, I think Reid should only take it for what is requested and not a penny less. Truthfully, I would hope that he say "no" all around.

  5. #9905
    FORT Fanatic alsoaktchr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    I think the money he wants is more as protection in case his image is tarnished not so much because hes wasting a few months of potentially finding a wife.

    Aha! I get it now! (slapping hand to forehead)

  6. #9906
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3661256;
    lisamill, I'm not sure you can answer, but I'm curious about something. I know negotiations are complex, but I'm having trouble with the part about their not offering Reid enough money. Is he concerned about what he would miss if he had to miss being at his office? That would make sense to me. Or is he thinking about his future in the entertainment field? Is he aware of the monetary compensation of other Bachelors and Bachelorettes? Putting everything else aside - whether or not we would like to see him do it, how he plans to pursue other options in TV and radio (which I think will be there for him if he wants), how he would be edited, etc. - I'm just wondering about that one particular aspect of it. I guess I'm just hoping he's not like a star athlete demanding more money! That doesn't seem like the Reid I saw on the show.
    No inside information to offer, just my opinion. For me, personally, there wouldn't be enough money they could offer to go into a highly public situation like this with as many variables at stake---you have no idea how they're going to edit you, who you're going to meet, what's going to happen, how you'll be perceived, whether you'll get your heart broken/have a nervous breakdown/fall in love/not fall in love/get tricked/be humiliated/hurt people you care about....the list is endless. The only possible ways to take any semblance of control over a situation like that are to try to negotiate whatever is possible into your contract. Obviously ABC is not likely to give much in the way of creative or image control---so that leaves compensation as the only bargaining point. Saying you'll only do it if the price and conditions are right is, IMO, not only a wise move, it's the only way I can imagine anyone with any intelligence even entertaining the idea of doing this show. If he just wanted fame and exposure he'd have signed on the dotted line as soon as they made their first offer. I'm glad he's holding out for whatever he has deemed as an "acceptable" offer to get him to put himself through the rigors of this show. JMO
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  7. #9907
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Lisamill, does he still really want to do TB? I mean, after seeing everything that's happened in the last couple seasons, and knowing how the story is manipulated, does he truly hope for it? I understand that you said he "almost" found a wife this way and hasn't really given up hope on that, but does he not think he can find a wife as successfully outside the show? Just curious as to his thinking.

  8. #9908
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661275;
    I think hes much more concerned with his reputation and the stigma of being the bachelor that necessarily finding a wife. He was very close to finding a wife so he knows its possible and i truely believe that also. But its like winning the lottery. There are no guarantees and he knows that. I think the money he wants is more as protection in case his image is tarnished not so much because hes wasting a few months of potentially finding a wife.
    this makes perfect sense. He must be so nervous at what they could do to him! I wish they would stop the drama and bring it back, old school

  9. #9909
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyac;3661212;
    Yes I agree with all of the above.... I also think he just may be getting some other serious offers to maybe host a real estate show or something along those lines - which would be perfect for him... Or maybe he will join Wes' band...

    To go back on as TB will probably frighten the heck out of him - especially with all the major amount of tweets and hacking of his tweeter , fb,myspace, business land line phone and et all... I would think that would have put him off totally from being TB. No money would be enough to put up with that.

    Imagine he uses his tweeter for work and it was overwhelmed with ridiculous love notes and haiku because of some insane hacker. What did that do for his business... not cool. Also the fact the housing market is still in the dumps - no matter what lies are spewed out there re the economy getting better - it is not!

    Poor Reid - he just didn't know what he was getting into and I don't believe for one second that he is still in 'like/love' with Jill. He is a real estate salesman - we should all remember that.
    But he did invite haiku twitters! That first twitter about the haikus was from him.

  10. #9910
    Fort Fuzz The Mod Team's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    529

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    We're going to close the thread for the time being. If anyone has genuine news about Reid, pm a moderator snd we will open the thread.

    We're not a fan thread nor a chat site, and we feel some lines were crossed in here recently in regards to contestants' personal lives.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.