Closed Thread
Page 990 of 991 FirstFirst ... 490890940980981982983984985986987988989990991 LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3661238;
    Ok. this is it, the errors in my posts? Thank you for responding.
    Please allow me to set the record straight.
    They of course put out feelers, but no contracts have been offered. If you have seen one. please produce it, but I know that it does not exist.
    Directly to your points:
    1. After my posts, the producers said repeatedly that no decisions have been made. It's all over the media, they are exploring multiple options.
    2. If I'm not mistaken, CH said in a recent blog that they were looking at moving in a different direction. He allowed that they couldn't go wrong with Reid, Kip, Jake, etc. but that they were vetting new candidates.
    3. "The resumes are thin" is a very old saying, meaning not that they are few in number, or that they contain not enough pages, or the paper is of poor quality, but that they are not desirable in substance. Which is why they have not made a decision yet.
    4. Ok, so you are saying that Reid did the Bach'ette for no compensation at all, no pay, but he was then offered the lead in TB, and he is holding out for more money....which is the only reason why they are looking around. And there have been no counteroffers from ABC/Next.
    No, I respectfully disagree.
    Im correcting you on the contract part. Can I produce it no of course not nor would I if I had it.
    1. Yes no decisions have been made because Reid turned down the offer. So now they are like where do we go...wait for Reid, or look elsewhere. This is not speculation this is an absolute FACT.

2. What Chris says is generally meaningless but yes he said that

3. That may be the case. They may have felt Reid was better than the resumes on hand which is why they offered it

4.4. Ok, so you are saying that Reid did the Bach'ette for no compensation at all, no pay, (WHO SAID NO PAY? THEY ARE ALL PAID) but he was then offered the lead in TB, and he is holding out for more money (CORRECT)....which is the only reason why they are looking around. And there have been no counteroffers from ABC/Next (INCORRECT, THERE HAS)
    No, I respectfully disagree.[/QUOTE] You are entitled to disagree. I am simply stating facts though not speculation

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661244;
    Im correcting you on the contract part. Can I produce it no of course not nor would I if I had it.
    1. Yes no decisions have been made because Reid turned down the offer. So now they are like where do we go...wait for Reid, or look elsewhere. This is not speculation this is an absolute FACT.

2. What Chris says is generally meaningless but yes he said that

3. That may be the case. They may have felt Reid was better than the resumes on hand which is why they offered it

4.4. Ok, so you are saying that Reid did the Bach'ette for no compensation at all, no pay, (WHO SAID NO PAY? THEY ARE ALL PAID) but he was then offered the lead in TB, and he is holding out for more money (CORRECT)....which is the only reason why they are looking around. And there have been no counteroffers from ABC/Next (INCORRECT, THERE HAS)
    No, I respectfully disagree.
    Hey Lisamill, how about a truce? I honestly believe that we aren't that far apart on the facts but what I get from LA is a very different slant from what you get in Philly, ok?
    If you could hold back on the "full of crap," enhancing the facts," and "speculating" comments, I think we could work together to find the truth.
    I would like that.
    The ball is in your court.
    Last edited by sdl; 08-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661239;
    Oh no. I think they definitely have a script in mind. Not arguing there. But anyone who follows the show would know that and anyone that watched Reid would say it would be based on his nerotic behavior and immature tendencies.
    lisamill, I'm not sure you can answer, but I'm curious about something. I know negotiations are complex, but I'm having trouble with the part about their not offering Reid enough money. Is he concerned about what he would miss if he had to miss being at his office? That would make sense to me. Or is he thinking about his future in the entertainment field? Is he aware of the monetary compensation of other Bachelors and Bachelorettes? Putting everything else aside - whether or not we would like to see him do it, how he plans to pursue other options in TV and radio (which I think will be there for him if he wants), how he would be edited, etc. - I'm just wondering about that one particular aspect of it. I guess I'm just hoping he's not like a star athlete demanding more money! That doesn't seem like the Reid I saw on the show.

Reid is quoted as saying he's not sure if he could find his wife on the show, and after what happened this season, perhaps he doesn't have much faith in the process? And if they end up giving him the cash he's asking for and he does it, will everyone think he's just doing it for the money?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661244;

4.4. Ok, so you are saying that Reid did the Bach'ette for no compensation at all, no pay, (WHO SAID NO PAY? THEY ARE ALL PAID)
    Hey. I'm not breaking the truce but I have a legitimate question, which I would like to work together to answer.
    You posted a while back that I was incorrect in saying that Reid was paid. Are you now saying he was paid? Do you have any further information?
    Thanks.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3661262;
    Reid is quoted as saying he's not sure if he could find his wife on the show, and after what happened this season, perhaps he doesn't have much faith in the process? And if they end up giving him the cash he's asking for and he does it, will everyone think he's just doing it for the money?
    I'm not convinced at all that he particularly [I]wants[I] to do this show because he's seen enough of the crap that goes on. I think he just really thinks they have to make it worth his while if he's going to do it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3661251;
    You are entitled to disagree. I am simply stating facts though not speculation
    Hey Lisamill, how about a truce? I honestly believe that we aren't that far apart on the facts but what I get from LA is a very different slant from what you get in Philly, ok?
    If you could hold back on the "full of crap," enhancing the facts," and "speculating" comments, I think we could work together to find the truth.
    I would like that.
    The ball is in your court.[/QUOTE]

No Way

Just kidding

Yes truce is fine. The crap comment again was based on the friend of Reid post but came off wrong. Not a problem. Keep working on what you hear and I will do the same. I also like your speculating just trying to seperate facts from possible facts.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3661262;
    A legitimate question imo...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by walkerke;3661269;
    I'm not convinced at all that he particularly [I]wants[I] to do this show because he's seen enough of the crap that goes on. I think he just really thinks they have to make it worth his while if he's going to do it.
    I think hes much more concerned with his reputation and the stigma of being the bachelor that necessarily finding a wife. He was very close to finding a wife so he knows its possible and i truely believe that also. But its like winning the lottery. There are no guarantees and he knows that. I think the money he wants is more as protection in case his image is tarnished not so much because hes wasting a few months of potentially finding a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661271;
    I would like that.
    The ball is in your court.
    No Way

Just kidding

Yes truce is fine. The crap comment again was based on the friend of Reid post but came off wrong. Not a problem. Keep working on what you hear and I will do the same. I also like your speculating just trying to seperate facts from possible facts.[/QUOTE]

xoxo

Closed Thread