Closed Thread
Page 989 of 991 FirstFirst ... 489889939979980981982983984985986987988989990991 LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,890 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.
    I'm sorry you have been receiving creepy messages. I hope you decide to stay because knowing that you could sometimes provide insight into what Reid is going through and/or thinking would be a huge bonus. It adds an element of excitement to an already fun community.

I also hope that your family is doing better today

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3661206;
    Apology accepted. I just believe that we have very different perspectives, ie sources of information, who do not see this situation in the same way at all.
    Perhaps they are not bring honest with one another.
    I do not enhance information. If anything, I tone down the brutal honesty.
    I think this is the most logical assessment of the situation. I think the best example of this is the edit that is already preplanned for Reid by all accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong but Lisamill is under the impression that Reid will be portrayed as cute, quirky and somewhat like a little kid. OTOH, sdl's sources say the same thing except pretty much that he'll come out looking like an indecisive bozo who relies on mommy and daddy for all decisions. Basically it's the same edit, just different spins on it.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the same information, just different ways to look at it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

GeorgiaReidFan

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.
    After reading the posts from today, I have to say that I would not blame you a bit if you decided never to return to this board. I agree that many have carried on and on with their disbelief of your friendship with Reid, even after Avalon posted that you are the real deal. You have been treated unkindly to say the least and for that I apologize. I consider myself to be a pretty good judge of character and I think that you were trying to help a friend and you believed that the posters on this board were deceived by the hacker so you reached out to help Reidís fans as well. Everyone on this thread really thinks the world of Reid and I believe they just got a little over protective due to what was going on and unfortunately you were on the receiving end of their frustration of the situation. What I see when I read your posts is a very caring person that put Reid and his fans before your own personal problems and I thank you for that. I hope those that went too far will reconsider and reach out with their apologies and I hope this is the end of this subject. I hope you will reconsider and return to fort.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerke;3661210;
    I would suspect that he probably asked for a substantial raise from what previous Bachelor's have made, and I would have to think that he probably asked for some type of input/control/approval on the final edit (because Reid isn't stupid), and there's just no way ABC would ever give him that. Media outlets, whether it be networks, film producers, or record companies, simply do not give up creative control. I doubt this is about $$$ as much as it is control.
    This is another very true and good point and ITA. Reid seems to be very successful and has plenty of money already in that he isn't holding out for an extra 10K or whatever. If he wanted to do this, I think he'd do it even if he'd earn less money than what he normally earns working. The real issue is that he doesn't want to look like a schmuck when all is said and done. He is probably trying to protect himself and his business and doesn't want ABC/TPTB/Fleiss to edit him any which way they please.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyac;3661212;
    Yes I agree with all of the above.... I also think he just may be getting some other serious offers to maybe host a real estate show or something along those lines - which would be perfect for him... Or maybe he will join Wes' band...

To go back on as TB will probably frighten the heck out of him - especially with all the majoramount of tweets and hacking of his tweeter , fb,myspace, business land line phone and et all... I would think that would have put him off totally from being TB. No money would be enough to put up with that.

Imagine he uses his tweeter for work and it was overwhelmed with ridiculous love notes and haiku because of some insane hacker. What did that do for his business... not cool. Also the fact the housing market is still in the dumps - no matter what lies are spewed out there re the economy getting better - it is not!

Poor Reid - he just didn't know what he was getting into and I don't believe for one second that he is still in 'like/love' with Jill. He is a real estate salesman - we should all remember that.
    If I recall correctly, he mentioned in that Cosmo radio interview that he had had offers to host an HGTV show before going on the Bachelor. Diana was too busy talking about herself so he didn't elaborate on this answer but that's what I recall.

I wonder what he really wants to do. Maybe he wants to get into acting? Those BBCrazy videos on youtube seemed to have clips of younger Reid engaging in some acting. So maybe that's where he wants to go?

If we believe NaCF and Real Reid's post on Twitter, he solicited the haikus so it certainly seems like he was inviting the onslaught of poets IMO.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3661203;
    It all depends on if whether you cast the right new person, though you can always throw the monkey wrench into the plot line if that is failing. You have a surer shot with a known entity rating wise though not necessarily. If you cast the right new guy, it could be just as successful. Not sure how you can find the right new guy in a month especially if this season has scared everyone away. Frankly I think Wes would be the biggest hoot. The Bachelor you love to hate.
    I would watch it if it were Wes.... because? It would at least be interesting unlike Kyp or Jake. Jake would be a sorry second as we would have a great laugh AT him and that is not cool either. Wes is a complicated character and it would be interesting to see the way his mind works on this show and what he would do and say to prevent bad editing....

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661095;
    1. This is a formality not a commitment. (this is not correct, there was a commitment)
    2. They really don't want to go in that direction though. (Then why did they)
    3. The resumes are thin (Find this hard to believe)
    4. Reid is reluctant but would do it if offered, at least that's what they believe. (but it was offered)

Your opinion stuff actually seems more realistic than the facts
    Ok. this is it, the errors in my posts? Thank you for responding.
    Please allow me to set the record straight.
    They of course put out feelers, but no contracts have been offered. If you have seen one. please produce it, but I know that it does not exist.
    Directly to your points:
    1. After my posts, the producers said repeatedly that no decisions have been made. It's all over the media, they are exploring multiple options.
    2. If I'm not mistaken, CH said in a recent blog that they were looking at moving in a different direction. He allowed that they couldn't go wrong with Reid, Kip, Jake, etc. but that they were vetting new candidates.
    3. "The resumes are thin" is a very old saying, meaning not that they are few in number, or that they contain not enough pages, or the paper is of poor quality, but that they are not desirable in substance. Which is why they have not made a decision yet.
    4. Ok, so you are saying that Reid did the Bach'ette for no compensation at all, no pay, but he was then offered the lead in TB, and he is holding out for more money....which is the only reason why they are looking around. And there have been no counteroffers from ABC/Next.
    No, I respectfully disagree.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3661218;
    I think this is the most logical assessment of the situation. I think the best example of this is the edit that is already preplanned for Reid by all accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong but Lisamill is under the impression that Reid will be portrayed as cute, quirky and somewhat like a little kid. OTOH, sdl's sources say the same thing except pretty much that he'll come out looking like an indecisive bozo who relies on mommy and daddy for all decisions. Basically it's the same edit, just different spins on it.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the same information, just different ways to look at it.
    Oh no. I think they definitely have a script in mind. Not arguing there. But anyone who follows the show would know that and anyone that watched Reid would say it would be based on his nerotic behavior and immature tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3660643;
    I think when they rolled out their new homepage and updated the skin they took the poll down. I would give them a D+ for their new look and feel and site navigation. They haven't updated their show pages yet.

Interestingly, I noticed even with the new site design that they still have all of their old DWTS video up - video that's much older that TB! They knew the s*** was going to hit the fan!
    Did they ever have the last episodes up? This is unusual, isn't it? I know I checked a few times because the power went out when I DVR'ed, and I hadn't see them. I thought it was strange they didn't have them online, and wondered why they didn't. I thought it had to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3661163;
    Just wanted to say as to 2 and 3, here is what I see (with no inside information):

2. I think they are in a catch 22. I think they want to get away from the crap that has happened the last few seasons because they see that while ratings may be up, the franchise is suffering and long term survivability is questionable - as many are now seeing it is less about a love story and more about drama and people are tiring of it. Starting with new blood, at least in their mind, may leave the taint behind. But they know about Reid's popularity and are at risk of fans not tuning in to watch someone new. With Reid (and even Kip and Jake to a lesser extent), they know they have the audience.

3. I would actually be surprised if resumes weren't thin - in two ways. First I think someone would have to be a complete moron to want to be on this show after seeing what has happened to the majority of cast members the last two seasons. And second, those that are still applying probably fall into the moron category - which could also be seen as being "thin" - very "thin" as to quality candidates.

Finally, I am not sure you and SDL are in a different place as to #4 either. You have said it was already offered and he said no as to the current terms, but would do it if the terms changed. Producers don't want us to know there are "terms" to the deals. So what they publicly release is that he is reluctant (has turned down the current offer) but would do it if offered (they know under what terms he would do it).
    I agree, Kate's Mom, with all your points, especially #4 which I didn't articulate nearly as well. Good point on the differing definitions of "thin." Makes perfect sense to me.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Closed Thread