Closed Thread
Page 988 of 991 FirstFirst ... 488888938978979980981982983984985986987988989990991 LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

sdl

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661063;
    Sorry missed this. Im often logged in but not near the computer. I dont recall ever saying Reid was F1. I speculated that he may be after the after the final rose show. My prediction was wrong.

But each and every thing I said was a flat out fact did come to fruition.
    Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers
    July 19, 2009
    Post 6843
    The prediction was wrong, but the show was wrapped up by then, which is why I raised it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones;3661197;
    Please Reid, don't do TB! I want you to find an awesome girl, but not in this way.
    Yeah Reid has to be with an awesome girl!!!!!!!!!

It all depends on if whether you cast the right new person, though you can always throw the monkey wrench into the plot line if that is failing. You have a surer shot with a known entity rating wise though not necessarily. If you cast the right new guy, it could be just as successful. Not sure how you can find the right new guy in a month especially if this season has scared everyone away. Frankly I think Wes would be the biggest hoot. The Bachelor you love to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661145;
    Actually to me that shows they are still trying to see if he will give in and do the show. Otherwise I think they would just announce Jake is the bachelor

If Reid will "give in?" I don't like the sound of that.

If he "gives in" does that mean he doesn't get the $$ that he would obviously deserve since he would boost the ratings?

Judging by some of the females tweeting him it looks like legions of gorgeous women are flocking towards Reid. He most definately does NOT need this show to find love.

Having said that ....I stilll want to see him on TV in any capacity....even if it means him being the next bach.

So...back to "giving in"...I would hate to see Reid become another Jillian (I once held her in such high esteem and now see her as desperate and blind).
    So if "giving in" means giving up some kind of editorial aspect (as opposed to financial) I think Reid should high-tail it out of Dodge!!!

EVEN if if it means I don't get to watch him. Which I do. Did I mention that already?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661072;
    SDL

I am sorry about the full of crap comment. I was responding to the message from this maybe friend of Reid who stated the crap comment. What I did mean is that some of your info seems to be vague and maybe you enhance it so it comes off incorrect. There have been a few things that I noticed you wrote throughout this season that were off. I dont have the time right now to go back through thousands of posts but when I made the comments they were for a reason.
    Apology accepted. I just believe that we have very different perspectives, ie sources of information, who do not see this situation in the same way at all.
    Perhaps they are not bring honest with one another.
    I do not enhance information. If anything, I tone down the brutal honesty.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661022;
    I dont think it has anything to do with his parents. His parents would want him to do whatever is going to make him happy. They just think it would be a good idea I guess. Because from what I have heard ABC is not to this point offered anywhere near what he was asking for and from what I have read past Bachelors have been offered, this amount is considerably higher. Trust me as a business decision to me it would seem worth it, but based on past amounts and his request I would say no

Lisa...

If Reid isn't The Bachelor, then I say 'Good luck with your ratings ABC'... I WON'T BE WATCHING THE SHOW IF HE'S NOT ON IT...PERIOD!

The high ratings that Reid would bring in means big commercial $$$ for ABC... so they can afford to pay him whatever he has asked for. IMHO this show is getting old and they need someone like Reid to spice it up.

Whatever he does, I wish him well.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660976;
    I'm curious. Why do you doubt ABC will not meet his terms considering everyone wants him to be the bachelor? I mean ABC has the $! I might have to protest and not watch if it is not Reid. And on that Cosmo interview he said his parents told him to do TB if offered?
    I would suspect that he probably asked for a substantial raise from what previous Bachelor's have made, and I would have to think that he probably asked for some type of input/control/approval on the final edit (because Reid isn't stupid), and there's just no way ABC would ever give him that. Media outlets, whether it be networks, film producers, or record companies, simply do not give up creative control. I doubt this is about $$$ as much as it is control.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3660931;
    I think he definitely wants to be on TV again and some of the things he's said show that he wouldn't be opposed to leaving Philly and doing something else for awhile. So I can see him doing the interview to garner some support in case he gets to host on HGTV or do a talk show or something. In any case, I don't think he's TB because I don't think he'd risk his reputation by getting involved in this mess. He got out with a great edit and a ton of publicity for his business and his personality, he should be thanking his lucky stars and running away imo.

Yes I agree with all of the above.... I also think he just may be getting some other serious offers to maybe host a real estate show or something along those lines - which would be perfect for him... Or maybe he will join Wes' band...

To go back on as TB will probably frighten the heck out of him - especially with all the major amount of tweets and hacking of his tweeter , fb,myspace, business land line phone and et all... I would think that would have put him off totally from being TB. No money would be enough to put up with that.

Imagine he uses his tweeter for work and it was overwhelmed with ridiculous love notes and haiku because of some insane hacker. What did that do for his business... not cool. Also the fact the housing market is still in the dumps - no matter what lies are spewed out there re the economy getting better - it is not!

Poor Reid - he just didn't know what he was getting into and I don't believe for one second that he is still in 'like/love' with Jill. He is a real estate salesman - we should all remember that.
    Last edited by Hyac; 08-13-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3661186;

I will only watch if it's Joke. In fact I'm salivating just thinking about the hilarious avatars, recaps, and comics (I'm looking at you, I'msotired) a Joke season would give us.
    I agree, it is the best situation for use Reid lovers. We can sit back and enjoy a season mostly unbiased while our beloved Reid doesn't have to get put through the wringer. I cannot wait to watch Joke and his 25 princesses!

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3661042;
    I don't know....what price would put on your reputation and good name?
    BRAVO!

Exactly.

Closed Thread