Closed Thread
Page 987 of 991 FirstFirst ... 487887937977978979980981982983984985986987988989990991 LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,870 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

  1. #9861
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    lisamill, i'm still not sure that your information and sdl's are mutually exclusive. my questions are not about the truth of what you know, but more how you define things.

    Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661095;
    1. This is a formality not a commitment. (this is not correct, there was a commitment)
    2. They really don't want to go in that direction though. (Then why did they)
    3. The resumes are thin (Find this hard to believe)
    4. Reid is reluctant but would do it if offered, at least that's what they believe. (but it was offered)
    1. what do you mean by commitment? wouldn't a commitment be something conclusive and binding, such as he IS the bachelor? but you say that he is not. so what sort of commitment do you mean? do you interpret their having made an offer as having made a commitment to him?

    4. you suggest that you know a bit about what others have been offered to be TB. was reid's offer in line with those? moreover, might they interpret his counter-offer (so to speak) as "reluctance"? meaning, he's hesitating (refusing) at the current terms, but there are terms he would meet.

    i hope you receive this in the honest search for understanding in which i intend it. sometimes coming to an understanding in the english language is like playing a piano while wearing boxing gloves
    _(Moo!)

  2. #9862
    FORT Fan Nice'n'Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    217

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660631;
    Can we talk about the US Weekly article which states that Reid still has feelings for Jillian and that he didn't want to hang out with Ed - even though he said he was friends with Ed in the Sirius interview and would be surprised if the girlfriend talk was true? I'm tired of all this hacker/twitter stuff.
    From US Weekly 8/12/09

    Finalist Reid Rosenthal tells Us Weekly some contestants knew Swiderski, 30, was bad news and "didn't care to hang out with him."


    I've read several interpretations here. This is my read: Reid tells US "some
    contestants knew Ed was bad news and didn't care to hang out with him."
    Your turn.

  3. #9863
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3661153;
    IA with you. Joke (thanks Avalon!! ) is always in their back pocket and they know it. They're trying to either get Reid or Kiptyn to do it.

    Don't do it, boys!

    Joke will give the most hilariously ridiculous season yet and will do whatever TPTB tell him to do. It'll be a riot.
    I am in the club that will not watch at all if it is Jake, will be totally sucked in and eager to watch if it is Reid, and will watch but less eagerly if it is Kip or someone new.

  4. #9864
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3661127;
    I agree! Unless Reid is TB, I think this season broke me.....it's just too far out there now.
    I don't know - I personally think if it is Joke, I will be able to watch with no feelings or investment at all and just enjoy the humor and ridiculousness of it. If it is Reid, I will have a hard time not getting invested - especially if TPTB do what they do best and mess with him!

  5. #9865
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661095;
    1. This is a formality not a commitment. (this is not correct, there was a commitment)
    2. They really don't want to go in that direction though. (Then why did they)
    3. The resumes are thin (Find this hard to believe)
    4. Reid is reluctant but would do it if offered, at least that's what they believe. (but it was offered)

    Your opinion stuff actually seems more realistic than the facts
    I will probably regret putting in my two cents on this argument, but I'm going to do it anyway. It seems to me that the information being offered is not at odds with the information you received, it's just info from different perspectives on the situation.

    The producers have a "view" of the show. Their actions don't always reflect their "view", sometimes their actions reflect their decisions instead. The producers ALWAYS court the most popular previous contestants---that is a formality, and obviously they can't offer a commitment to all of them. That doesn't preclude them offering a commitment to one of them. The producers like to keep as many pots on the burner going at once as they can, until they have made their final decisions.

    The producers may very well be itching to go in some new direction, however the overwhelming popularity of Reid among the female fan base may have swayed them to at least attempt yet another retread next season. That doesn't mean the producers don't think the show is getting stale, it just means they are going to at least try to get a fan favorite on the show because they're probably getting a ton of requests to do so from viewers.

    Resumes being thin is a subjective call. The producers could have been whining or there could really be a significant drop in "spectacular" candidates who are willing to do this show. There's an awful lot of controversy surrounding this show, the economy is in a precarious spot, it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't boatloads of drop dead gorgeous, witty, employed, disease/arrest free men out there who are willing to sign their life over to ABC. It's not like the last several Bachelors have come away from the show looking very good....seems kind of a risk for anyone at this point. That's JMO.

    I have NO TROUBLE AT ALL believing that the producers THINK that they could get Reid to do it if they decide they really want him. The producers pride themselves on being able to get what they want out of people. That has nothing to do with them knowing anything about Reid, or what Reid is actually willing to do. The producers just assume they'll be able to talk him into it if they choose to. Personally I hope Reid proves them wrong and either holds out with insane demands (and gets them all met before he agrees)or just turns them down flat. I am so tired of ABC pulling one over on their contestants---it would be nice to see someone take some of the control out of their hands for a change. Again, JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  6. #9866
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3661153;
    IA with you. Joke (thanks Avalon!! ) is always in their back pocket and they know it. They're trying to either get Reid or Kiptyn to do it.

    Don't do it, boys!

    Joke will give the most hilariously ridiculous season yet and will do whatever TPTB tell him to do. It'll be a riot.


    I will only watch if it's Joke. In fact I'm salivating just thinking about the hilarious avatars, recaps, and comics (I'm looking at you, I'msotired) a Joke season would give us.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  7. #9867
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    693

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3661163;
    Just wanted to say as to 2 and 3, here is what I see (with no inside information):

    2. I think they are in a catch 22. I think they want to get away from the crap that has happened the last few seasons because they see that while ratings may be up, the franchise is suffering and long term survivability is questionable - as many are now seeing it is less about a love story and more about drama and people are tiring of it. Starting with new blood, at least in their mind, may leave the taint behind.

    3. I would actually be surprised if resumes weren't thin - in two ways. First I think someone would have to be a complete moron to want to be on this show after seeing what has happened to the majority of cast members the last two seasons. And second, those that are still applying probably fall into the moron category - which could also be seen as being "thin" - very "thin" as to quality candidates.

    Finally, I am not sure you and SDL are in a different place as to #4 either. You have said it was already offered and he said no as to the current terms, but would do it if the terms changed. Producers don't want us to know there are "terms" to the deals. So what they publicly release is that he is reluctant (has turned down the current offer) but would do it if offered (they know under what terms he would do it).
    Thats what you would thing. I just happen to have inside inside info though

    1. They did offer the position to Reid so they werent considering new blood. Why would new blood bring less drama? I cant see how that would mean less drama. They love the drama. People watch it for the drama

    2. You may be right on the resumes but seriously this is a popular nationally televised tv show with millions of want to be actors out there dying to get their own tv show by any means. Im sure there are plenty to pick from

    As for #4 I would agree they dont want us to know but he stated it as a fact and it was not true. If he would have said they dont want us to know so they are telling us he would accept that would be different

  8. #9868
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    103

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3661153;
    IA with you. Joke (thanks Avalon!! ) is always in their back pocket and they know it. They're trying to either get Reid or Kiptyn to do it.

    Don't do it, boys!

    Joke will give the most hilariously ridiculous season yet and will do whatever TPTB tell him to do. It'll be a riot.
    Please Reid, don't do TB! I want you to find an awesome girl, but not in this way.

    As for Jake/Joke - He would provide a snarkfestival of craptastic entertertainment! The more I think about it, I am rooting for him to be the next Bach. Crying balcony scenes for all! YAY!

  9. #9869
    FORT Fanatic alsoaktchr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    jmho, but to me "new blood" would bring less drama precisely because of the relative lack of investment in the main character.

    Of course, re: drama from scripted/cast contestants - that's a whole other matter entirely....
    Last edited by alsoaktchr; 08-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.

  10. #9870
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661189;
    Thats what you would thing. I just happen to have inside inside info though

    1. They did offer the position to Reid so they werent considering new blood. Why would new blood bring less drama? I cant see how that would mean less drama. They love the drama. People watch it for the drama

    2. You may be right on the resumes but seriously this is a popular nationally televised tv show with millions of want to be actors out there dying to get their own tv show by any means. Im sure there are plenty to pick from

    As for #4 I would agree they dont want us to know but he stated it as a fact and it was not true. If he would have said they dont want us to know so they are telling us he would accept that would be different
    Lurker here.

    My two cents in regards to:

    #1- Just because they offered Reid the job does not mean that they didn't consider new blood.

    #2- You say that "you're sure there are plenty to pick from." This is an opinion, not a fact (no snark intended). I agree with Cheeky that it's coming from the producers' points of view, not ours. Yes, we may think there's a lot, but it might not be compared to other seasons.

    My opinion overall is that you two are seeing the same coin, but on different sides. Your "inside info" is coming from two different sources, therefore, you're not speaking eye to eye. I trust both of you as I've read plenty of inside info all season (and in season's past).

    I hope both of you keep on posting!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.