Closed Thread
Page 986 of 991 FirstFirst ... 486886936976977978979980981982983984985986987988989990991 LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 9910

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3661114;
    Good! Looking more likely it's not Reid. I adore him, but he's way too good for this farce of a show and I would hate for them to edit him down to its level.
    Actually to me that shows they are still trying to see if he will give in and do the show. Otherwise I think they would just announce Jake is the bachelor

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660823;
    I question that too. All I can tell you is that I have seen enough things to make me think she's legit-- unless she's the hacker.
    That's the only thing that gives me pause. As I said before, I will wait and see how this all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661145;
    Actually to me that shows they are still trying to see if he will give in and do the show. Otherwise I think they would just announce Jake is the bachelor
    IA with you. Joke (thanks Avalon!! ) is always in their back pocket and they know it. They're trying to either get Reid or Kiptyn to do it.

Don't do it, boys!

Joke will give the most hilariously ridiculous season yet and will do whatever TPTB tell him to do. It'll be a riot.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Another month argh.

They could be trying to lock down a new guy though as well, maybe another celebrity bachelor, say is Terrel Owens single? Oh no he's got football and his own reality show this fall.

I think if you don't go with a popular returning Bachelor the next best thing is a celebrity bachelor. George Clooney anyone, then it would be easy to cast, just get 30 waitresses. Oh right he's way too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3661101;
    Chris Harrison from Twitter:

chrisbharrison: new Bachelor has not been picked yet. We'll announce in a month or so probably.
    Gee thanks, Chris. By that time all the FORT TB threads will be closed because posters will have ripped each other to shreds!!

Thank goodness real tennis has started again!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.
    I am sorry that you have gotten any creepy posts. While I must admit I am still skeptical, I don't think you should be getting any post or PM that make you feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3661156;
    Gee thanks, Chris. By that time all the FORT TB threads will be closed because posters will have ripped each other to shreds!!

Thank goodness real tennis has started again!

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3661095;
    1. This is a formality not a commitment. (this is not correct, there was a commitment)
    2. They really don't want to go in that direction though. (Then why did they)
    3. The resumes are thin (Find this hard to believe)
    4. Reid is reluctant but would do it if offered, at least that's what they believe. (but it was offered)

Your opinion stuff actually seems more realistic than the facts
    Just wanted to say as to 2 and 3, here is what I see (with no inside information):

2. I think they are in a catch 22. I think they want to get away from the crap that has happened the last few seasons because they see that while ratings may be up, the franchise is suffering and long term survivability is questionable - as many are now seeing it is less about a love story and more about drama and people are tiring of it. Starting with new blood, at least in their mind, may leave the taint behind. But they know about Reid's popularity and are at risk of fans not tuning in to watch someone new. With Reid (and even Kip and Jake to a lesser extent), they know they have the audience.

3. I would actually be surprised if resumes weren't thin - in two ways. First I think someone would have to be a complete moron to want to be on this show after seeing what has happened to the majority of cast members the last two seasons. And second, those that are still applying probably fall into the moron category - which could also be seen as being "thin" - very "thin" as to quality candidates.

Finally, I am not sure you and SDL are in a different place as to #4 either. You have said it was already offered and he said no as to the current terms, but would do it if the terms changed. Producers don't want us to know there are "terms" to the deals. So what they publicly release is that he is reluctant (has turned down the current offer) but would do it if offered (they know under what terms he would do it).
    Last edited by KatesMom; 08-13-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: To add to point 2

Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3661114;
    Good! Looking more likely it's not Reid. I adore him, but he's way too good for this farce of a show and I would hate for them to edit him down to its level.
    I agree totally!

To the extent that there seems to be some discrepancy between our respected sources here at FORT, I lean, for what it's worth, with those who see their divergence as more a matter of semantics than substance. Not that anyone has asked my opinion lol. Just hope these little "differences" can be ironed out so that the board does not suffer the loss of either valued poster....

We all have developed feelings for our Honey Bear - though most from a great distance - and with rare exception posters here want nothing but his happiness/success....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3661142;
    1. I think it could still be Reid, but they want to keep the interest going so they are delaying the final decision.
    2. Don't you think that the Bachelor/Bachelorette is at its most popular at this point (Deanna, Jason, Jillian - all repeats)? I think ABC will do what they can to get Reid to continue the popularity and very high ratings.
    3. I think Reid will edit fine! I liked Jillian throughout, but I didn't like her choice. I think Reid would make a good decision.
    4. I will admit, maybe it would be better for him not to do TB. But I'm feeling selfish about it and I SO want him to be it.
    I think it's still very popular, but I think the interest has changed. I don't know how many people actually look for the love connection as much as the drama anymore. This season is a prime example. If we take Jillian at her word (which I personally don't) she knew Ed was F1 at the 3rd RC. Instead of helping highlight the love connection, we had the girlfriend drama on the show, we had the foot fetish, we had the anger / suppressed love () of David and Juan, we had the Wes issue, we had Ed leave and come back, Jake leave and come back and Reid leave and come back. It's become as entertaining as Dynasty and Dallas were in the '80s!

I will absolutely watch every week if Reid's TB because I couldn't NOT watch -- he's way too adorable! IMO, he would've been a great Bachelor back in the early history of the show.

Closed Thread