Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3660952;
    I don't know who NotACrazyFan or any of these recent arrivals are. I can't comment on their validity.
    I only know that the "sdl is full of crap" quote has now been attributed to a Fake Reid, a hacker, but that same language appeared shortly thereafter, in the same broken English, on this board.
    So I would very much like for that claim to be backed up by facts, specifically what I have misrepresented. Then we can separate the truth from fiction.
    If this is ABC's, or anyone's attempt to discredit me for revealing too much, then let's discuss it openly. I doubt that ABC is up for that kind of exchange.
    This is my third and final request.
    Perhaps your best bet would be to contact those posters directly?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3660945;
    I'm not trying to discount your information at all. I appreciate all that you've done. But I'm still skeptical. You've seen whatever it is you've seen. But until I see something directly and convincingly from Reid himself or form another legitimate source (that I can believe), I won't fully believe it 100%. I know that's probably unlikely so I'll just stay optimistically cautious that it is Reid. At least with Adam Lambert, he had other Idols backing him up that he was hacked. It took a good while for him to get his twitter account back up and running after it was hacked and he didn't go back on until it says his account was verified. I just find this still very strange.

To change gears, any word yet on when the new bachelor is being announced?
    He was definitely definitely hacked.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3660920;
    Yes I mentioned he rejected it along time ago at the terms they offered it at. He did tell them that if they gave him more money he would do it however. So yes he rejected it weeks ago but gave them terms to which he would do it.

If they meet the terms, then we will see him. I just doubt they will
    I'm curious. Why do you doubt ABC will not meet his terms considering everyone wants him to be the bachelor? I mean ABC has the $! I might have to protest and not watch if it is not Reid. And on that Cosmo interview he said his parents told him to do TB if offered?

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3660854;
    I find it VERY suspicious that coincidently Wes, Michael, Jesse, Dave all happen to be quoted in the article. They were all together this weekend so it looks to me as if that is when the mag did most of the reporting.

Then they throw in half a quotation from Reid ("didn't care to hang out with him.") SEVEN WORDS! So I wouldn't put much stock into what Reid "said" in the article about why he would say things like this.
    I didn't read the US article, but a poster at JU had a good summary of the article. Apparently, Reid had said more than 7 words in that article. If anyone can scan the article, or someone who has read it can give us a detailed description, it will be greatly appreciated.
    TIA.

OH, btw, I think US magazine probably called Reid to get the quote, just a guess though.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3660945;
    I'm not trying to discount your information at all. I appreciate all that you've done. But I'm still skeptical. You've seen whatever it is you've seen. But until I see something directly and convincingly from Reid himself or form another legitimate source (that I can believe), I won't fully believe it 100&#37;. I know that's probably unlikely so I'll just stay optimistically cautious that it is Reid. At least with Adam Lambert, he had other Idols backing him up that he was hacked. It took a good while for him to get his twitter account back up and running after it was hacked and he didn't go back on until it says his account was verified. I just find this still very strange.

To change gears, any word yet on when the new bachelor is being announced?
    I totally understand. And I think everyone should be skeptical. Last night I posted on the legitimacy of the proof I was given. It simply couldn't have been faked by anyone but a hacker.

And let me just say this: the lengths she would have had to go to make herself seem legit based on the evidence she showed me, are mind-blowing. Only a genius could pull it off. I won't even be embarrassed if it turns out I've been had. I'll be in awe.

That said, I encourage everyone to be careful about contacting her or giving out any personal information, until I get the last shred of proof from her that tells me she's not the hacker.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3660979;
    I didn't read the US article, but a poster at JU had a good summary of the article. Apparently, Reid had said more than 7 words in that article. If anyone can scan the article, or someone who has read it can give us a detailed description, it will be greatly appreciated.
    TIA.

OH, btw, I think US magazine probably called Reid to get the quote, just a guess though.
    Obviously if that "quotation" was legit, exclusive (to US Weekly, one-on-one) and recent it would have been given over the phone. That's my main point though, if they were able to get Reid on the phone, wouldn't they have much more to work with than that 7 word partial quotation?

But like you said, maybe there were other things from Reid in the article so if someone wants to clarify what exactly was attributed to Reid in the magazine, I would appreciate it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660976;
    I'm curious. Why do you doubt ABC will not meet his terms considering everyone wants him to be the bachelor? I mean ABC has the $! I might have to protest and not watch if it is not Reid. And on that Cosmo interview he said his parents told him to do TB if offered?
    I dont think it has anything to do with his parents. His parents would want him to do whatever is going to make him happy. They just think it would be a good idea I guess. Because from what I have heard ABC is not to this point offered anywhere near what he was asking for and from what I have read past Bachelors have been offered, this amount is considerably higher. Trust me as a business decision to me it would seem worth it, but based on past amounts and his request I would say no

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660818;
    Thanks, but I'm actually sorry I got involved. This whole thing is too creepy for words.
    I'm sorry you're in the position of "caretaker," but am also grateful that it's you. I do trust you to let us know.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3660642;
    My sincere hope is that Reid is busy enough with his work and real-life personal interests to not give a crap about what is happening in this thread, or on fan boards in general. At this point I assume he's turned down the Bachelor -- good for him! -- and I wish him well in the next phase of his life. It was a real pleasure watching him on the show!

Bring on Jake, I guess. Golly gee.
    I'm crying on my balcony in anticipation. NEXT!

GeorgiaReidFan

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3660516;
    Hence my suspicion that Swiderski and Co. are involved in the hacking.
    Sorry to be behind, but I did want to weigh in on this. I do not feel that Ed or any of his co-workers, friends, or fans was involved with this. They would have the knowledge on how to hack-in but they would also be aware that they were committing a crime, and I donít think they would want to put their jobs at risk and potentially face prison time or large fines for what essentially ended up being more of a prank. If this hacker came from the Ed camp, I would think they would have tried to do damage to Reid and his image.

I think the Bloomers and Mamasue1966 are more on target with their thoughts. I also had another thought I will throw out there for discussion. Could the producers have hired someone to do this? This would only be applicable if Reid has agreed to become the next Bachelor. If he is, they could use this situation in the media and in the scripting to add to his portrayal as the ďquirky bachelorĒ. This hacker had control of Reidís twitter, business email and face book and he had every opportunity to cause some real harm to Reidís image instead he pretended to be Reid and replied to Reidís fan messages, then he returns Reidís accounts, along with advice to avoid being hacked again. We know that hacking is a serious crime but this story could be spun to be viewed at as endearing and funny.

Closed Thread