Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Montaname1;3660850;
    The entire point of my earlier post is that I don't think that Reid should have made any kind of statement at all about the situation if he ever loved Jillian. I am not saying that I think he should have been dishonest - definitely not, but why allow yourself to be involved?

I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, . . . . well, keep your mouth shut. A lesson that seems to be pitifully lost today on a majority of the population. I guess I just expected more of Reid than I did of most of the other guys who were on the show this season.
    The other way to look at that is that if Jillian really did care about Reid as much as she said she did then maybe she would put more weight on his view of the situation. Reid needed to speak whatever he felt it was necessary to say. IMO I am betting he held back quite a bit from saying what he REALLY wanted to say.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.
    Aww, sorry about the messages. I don't think any of the posters are really creepy though, just skeptical. BTW, I stalked your FB picture and you really are very cute. Does that help alleviate some of the other creepiness?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3660820;
    I have faith in your evaluation. The only thing that boggles my mind is, why would she care that much about proving herself to us? I mean, if I were Reid's friend and trying to get out a quick message, I wouldn't hang out till the wee hours "proving" I know him. I wouldn't really care if everyone on a forum believed me.
    I understand what you're saying, but when everyone is NOT believing you it can become pretty compelling to try to prove yourself---particularly when you're telling the truth! I learned that this season.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

I have asked NotACrazyFan for one last piece of evidence that would prove to me that she's not tied up with the hacker. It should be easy for her to provide based on what she has told me. If she provides it, you will know. If she doesn't, you will know. And that will be our answer.

I am very sorry I got tied up in this mess.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Originally Posted by DramaQueen48
    I'm originally from the northeast and Jewish, and I have never hears a Jewish person from northeast or anywhere else for that matter say, "My Lord."
    I'm Jewish and from very close to the northeast. I have said
    Oh My Lord

and

Jesus Christ

(that's when I have to watch my mouth)

I don't think it really matters. They are just words. Plus if you aren't very religious . . .

That being said, what's the new info on the NOT Reid and the Real Reid? I can't keep track anymore.
    ~Michelle will only watch the bachelor if Reid is THE bachelor!!!~

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3660813;
    Generally speaking you don't want people you care about to be with people who you think could cause them pain. Perhaps it's for that reason, and not sour grapes, that Reid made the comments he made. Reid is certainly under no obligation to offer false praise for Ed just because Jillian chose Ed. JMO.
    I didn't mean to misquote the article. I haven't purchased it yet and have just seen the online blurbs. I'm fine with all of those guys bad mouthing Ed because I think he is sleazy (and I liked Jesse and Michael during the season - way more than Ed). Even if Ed isn't cheating on Jillian now, he still doesn't seem to have much respect for women and that's not the kind of guy I would want to marry and raise children with. I just wonder about the "Reid still has feelings for Jillian" comment on the cover. Did he say that to US Weekly? I guess I will have to wait until I purchase the mag.

Also - do people really think that Reid has rejected the Bachelor? Then why do that stupid Cosmo interview? Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I totally think he is the next Bachelor.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660905;
    I didn't mean to misquote the article. I haven't purchased it yet and have just seen the online blurbs. I'm fine with all of those guys bad mouthing Ed because I think he is sleazy (and I liked Jesse and Michael during the season - way more than Ed). Even if Ed isn't cheating on Jillian now, he still doesn't seem to have much respect for women and that's not the kind of guy I would want to marry and raise children with. I just wonder about the "Reid still has feelings for Jillian" comment on the cover. Did he say that to US Weekly? I guess I will have to wait until I purchase the mag.

Also - do people really think that Reid has rejected the Bachelor? Then why do that stupid Cosmo interview? Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I totally think he is the next Bachelor.
    Yes I mentioned he rejected it along time ago at the terms they offered it at. He did tell them that if they gave him more money he would do it however. So yes he rejected it weeks ago but gave them terms to which he would do it.

If they meet the terms, then we will see him. I just doubt they will

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660905;

I think he definitely wants to be on TV again and some of the things he's said show that he wouldn't be opposed to leaving Philly and doing something else for awhile. So I can see him doing the interview to garner some support in case he gets to host on HGTV or do a talk show or something. In any case, I don't think he's TB because I don't think he'd risk his reputation by getting involved in this mess. He got out with a great edit and a ton of publicity for his business and his personality, he should be thanking his lucky stars and running away imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660776;
    All right, I'm getting a lot of PM's and questions, so let me just say this.

The only possible way that NotACrazyFan is not legit is if she is a) a genius, b) in cahoots with the hacker c) is the hacker. I can't go into detail, but she showed me screenshots of things that she couldn't possibly have faked on the spot. I asked a lot from her. You have to trust that I examined everything and asked for further proof when anything gave me pause.

I was able to verify Reid's number as the same one in the picture of her call log, on multiple realtor listings. The only thing I could do now to convince you all is to call Reid myself, and I won't do that because it's creepy.

I understand the anxiety everyone feels, because this is an unsettling situation. I personally feel ill at ease right now because I feel a responsibility to the FORT and would never want to relay false information. :nono

So, please trust that I examined all of the evidence thoroughly and it all checked out. I am still skeptic by nature, and if I am given any reason to believe I've been had, you guys will be the first to know. That's all I can do.

Thanks.
    I'm not trying to discount your information at all. I appreciate all that you've done. But I'm still skeptical. You've seen whatever it is you've seen. But until I see something directly and convincingly from Reid himself or form another legitimate source (that I can believe), I won't fully believe it 100%. I know that's probably unlikely so I'll just stay optimistically cautious that it is Reid. At least with Adam Lambert, he had other Idols backing him up that he was hacked. It took a good while for him to get his twitter account back up and running after it was hacked and he didn't go back on until it says his account was verified. I just find this still very strange.

To change gears, any word yet on when the new bachelor is being announced?
    Last edited by Mich_ReidFan; 08-13-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    ~Michelle will only watch the bachelor if Reid is THE bachelor!!!~

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660884;
    I have asked NotACrazyFan for one last piece of evidence that would prove to me that she's not tied up with the hacker. It should be easy for her to provide based on what she has told me. If she provides it, you will know. If she doesn't, you will know. And that will be our answer.

I am very sorry I got tied up in this mess.
    I don't know who NotACrazyFan or any of these recent arrivals are. I can't comment on their validity.
    I only know that the "sdl is full of crap" quote has now been attributed to a Fake Reid, a hacker, but that same language appeared shortly thereafter, in the same broken English, on this board.
    So I would very much like for that claim to be backed up by facts, specifically what I have misrepresented. Then we can separate the truth from fiction.
    If this is ABC's, or anyone's attempt to discredit me for revealing too much, then let's discuss it openly. I doubt that ABC is up for that kind of exchange.
    This is my third and final request.

Closed Thread