Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Just because the guy sells a Microsoft product doesn't give him the skills to be a hacker. I think it's friends or fans, NOT Ed.

I also think Ed is on a very short leash these days.........
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3660836;
    Definitely the weirdest shenanigans going on here. Starting with the haiku tweet on August 9th.
    At least it keeps us occupied?

I still have absolutely no idea what the imp Reid got out of this whole ordeal. It boggles my mind that someone has that much time on their hands to hack passwords and respond to fans and message them. I just don't get it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3660820;
    I have faith in your evaluation. The only thing that boggles my mind is, why would she care that much about proving herself to us? I mean, if I were Reid's friend and trying to get out a quick message, I wouldn't hang out till the wee hours "proving" I know him. I wouldn't really care if everyone on a forum believed me.
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.

FORT Newbie

The entire point of my earlier post is that I don't think that Reid should have made any kind of statement at all about the situation if he ever loved Jillian. I am not saying that I think he should have been dishonest - definitely not, but why allow yourself to be involved?

I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, . . . . well, keep your mouth shut. A lesson that seems to be pitifully lost today on a majority of the population. I guess I just expected more of Reid than I did of most of the other guys who were on the show this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaname1;3660799;
    I was supremely disappointed in Reid for making any kind of comment AT ALL in the magazine article, knowing what the focus and point of view of the article would undoubtedly be.

No matter what his feelings for Ed may be, he supposedly was in love with Jillian. I would think that such strong feelings would keep a man from ever wanting to hurt someone he was in love with as recently as a couple of weeks ago as he himself admitted. The fact that he may have been hurt himself is absolutely no excuse because that was a risk he knew he was taking when he signed up for the show. I remember in the AFR, Jillian said she hoped that they could always be there for one another "rooting each other on." I guess that won't be the case and that is sad. IMO, Reid showed a surprising lack of sense and class for letting himself get dragged into this tawdry mess.

Wes and Dave and even young, immature Michael - not a surprise. But Reid, what were you thinking?

It seems like the people from these shows love to get together periodically and party. Somehow don't think that a reunion with these folks is going to be a pretty sight.
    I find it VERY suspicious that coincidently Wes, Michael, Jesse, Dave all happen to be quoted in the article. They were all together this weekend so it looks to me as if that is when the mag did most of the reporting.

Then they throw in half a quotation from Reid ("didn't care to hang out with him.") SEVEN WORDS! So I wouldn't put much stock into what Reid "said" in the article about why he would say things like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3660820;
    I have faith in your evaluation. The only thing that boggles my mind is, why would she care that much about proving herself to us? I mean, if I were Reid's friend and trying to get out a quick message, I wouldn't hang out till the wee hours "proving" I know him. I wouldn't really care if everyone on a forum believed me.
    Me neither!

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

I was going to stick around and become part of the community. And if I was going to say I wouldn't want people questioning me. So proving myself seemed worth it. Now after the creepy messages I have gotten on here and on FB, I'm not so sure.
    Stick around NaCF. Some people are just winding through what went on last night and catching up. We're a skeptical bunch, but we're fun and witty and cool and really love Reid.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3660844;
    Just because the guy sells a Microsoft product doesn't give him the skills to be a hacker. I think it's friends or fans, NOT Ed.

I also think Ed is on a very short leash these days.........

You got that right

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Montaname1;3660850;
    The entire point of my earlier post is that I don't think that Reid should have made any kind of statement at all about the situation if he ever loved Jillian. I am not saying that I think he should have been dishonest - definitely not, but why allow yourself to be involved?

I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, . . . . well, keep your mouth shut. A lesson that seems to be pitifully lost today on a majority of the population. I guess I just expected more of Reid than I did of most of the other guys who were on the show this season.
    One of things I respected most about TV Reid is his inability to lie. In the ATFR, I was yelling at him to lie to Chris's questions to protect himself, but he paused and told the truth. I love that about him. So I don't expect him to lie or temper his thoughts about Ed - if he has been quoted correctly even.

I love my husband but if we were to break up and I had a bad opinion of his new lady, I wouldn't be quiet either. I don't think that meant I didn't love him or that loving someone means you always have to squash your own thoughts for their sake.

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3660849;
    Easy answer.

Sorry for the creepiness NACF. You will find out shortly that this forum causes you to question things and become very realistic. Know that the creepiness had the best intentions...i think?

I hope you do stick around! Its great to have your pov!

Closed Thread