Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3660631;
    Can we talk about the US Weekly article which states that Reid still has feelings for Jillian and that he didn't want to hang out with Ed - even though he said he was friends with Ed in the Sirius interview and would be surprised if the girlfriend talk was true? I'm tired of all this hacker/twitter stuff.
    I was supremely disappointed in Reid for making any kind of comment AT ALL in the magazine article, knowing what the focus and point of view of the article would undoubtedly be.

No matter what his feelings for Ed may be, he supposedly was in love with Jillian. I would think that such strong feelings would keep a man from ever wanting to hurt someone he was in love with as recently as a couple of weeks ago as he himself admitted. The fact that he may have been hurt himself is absolutely no excuse because that was a risk he knew he was taking when he signed up for the show. I remember in the AFR, Jillian said she hoped that they could always be there for one another "rooting each other on." I guess that won't be the case and that is sad. IMO, Reid showed a surprising lack of sense and class for letting himself get dragged into this tawdry mess.

Wes and Dave and even young, immature Michael - not a surprise. But Reid, what were you thinking?

It seems like the people from these shows love to get together periodically and party. Somehow don't think that a reunion with these folks is going to be a pretty sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaname1;3660799;
    I was supremely disappointed in Reid for making any kind of comment AT ALL in the magazine article, knowing what the focus and point of view of the article would undoubtedly be.

No matter what his feelings for Ed may be, he supposedly was in love with Jillian. I would think that such strong feelings would keep a man from ever wanting to hurt someone he was in love with as recently as a couple of weeks ago as he himself admitted. The fact that he may have been hurt himself is absolutely no excuse because that was a risk he knew he was taking when he signed up for the show. I remember in the AFR, Jillian said she hoped that they could always be there for one another "rooting each other on." I guess that won't be the case and that is sad. IMO, Reid showed a surprising lack of sense and class for letting himself get dragged into this tawdry mess.

Wes and Dave and even young, immature Michael - not a surprise. But Reid, what were you thinking?

It seems like the people from these shows love to get together periodically and party. Somehow don't think that a reunion with these folks is going to be a pretty sight.

The US quote was not exactly as stated in the post. If there is any discrepancy between Cosmo interview (which we heard with our own ears) and US, then I suspect either Reid felt a tad freer to speak his mind post-Cosmo, for whatever reason, OR the question was worded differently (a la TB PI's??) by US.

Honesty is one of the things many admire most about Reid. Being dishonest in this situation imho is in no way loving or kind. I think Reid handled that question pretty well . jmho.
    Last edited by alsoaktchr; 08-13-2009 at 01:51 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I don't believe Reid said he didn't want to hang out with Ed. I think he said the guys did not want to hang out with Ed not him. I think ABC is letting them talk hence the free talk from the guys, even Chris and Fleiss had their say as well.

Generally speaking you don't want people you care about to be with people who you think could cause them pain. Perhaps it's for that reason, and not sour grapes, that Reid made the comments he made. Reid is certainly under no obligation to offer false praise for Ed just because Jillian chose Ed. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3660784;
    The bolded made me for real!! It's just a funny way to lay it all out there like that.

I don't want to speak for everyone but for me personally, I think you're doing a great job and I want to thank you for at least attempting to straighten this all out for us.
    Thanks, but I'm actually sorry I got involved. This whole thing is too creepy for words.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660776;
    All right, I'm getting a lot of PM's and questions, so let me just say this.

The only possible way that NotACrazyFan is not legit is if she is a) a genius, b) in cahoots with the hacker c) is the hacker. I can't go into detail, but she showed me screenshots of things that she couldn't possibly have faked on the spot. I asked a lot from her. You have to trust that I examined everything and asked for further proof when anything gave me pause.

I was able to verify Reid's number as the same one in the picture of her call log, on multiple realtor listings. The only thing I could do now to convince you all is to call Reid myself, and I won't do that because it's creepy.

I understand the anxiety everyone feels, because this is an unsettling situation. I personally feel ill at ease right now because I feel a responsibility to the FORT and would never want to relay false information. :nono

So, please trust that I examined all of the evidence thoroughly and it all checked out. I am still skeptic by nature, and if I am given any reason to believe I've been had, you guys will be the first to know. That's all I can do.

Thanks.

I have faith in your evaluation. The only thing that boggles my mind is, why would she care that much about proving herself to us? I mean, if I were Reid's friend and trying to get out a quick message, I wouldn't hang out till the wee hours "proving" I know him. I wouldn't really care if everyone on a forum believed me.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3660820;
    I have faith in your evaluation. The only thing that boggles my mind is, why would she care that much about proving herself to us? I mean, if I were Reid's friend and trying to get out a quick message, I wouldn't hang out till the wee hours "proving" I know him. I wouldn't really care if everyone on a forum believed me.
    I question that too. All I can tell you is that I have seen enough things to make me think she's legit-- unless she's the hacker.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3660820;
    Maybe we're just THAT charming?

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3660818;
    Thanks, but I'm actually sorry I got involved. This whole thing is too creepy for words.
    Definitely the weirdest shenanigans going on here. Starting with the haiku tweet on August 9th.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3660835;
    Maybe we're just THAT charming?
    She did say she was back-reading a lot of the thread and liked how snarky and fun it was. I don't think the staying up late or proving herself is weird. I'm just trying to put myself in that situation and I know I'd act exactly the same way.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread