Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

I'm not sure I believe the hacking rumor. FWIW, in my non-professional opinion, those tweets sound like they were in his "voice". That being said, I don't really care if he wrote those or not, except to the extent that I think it's NOT COOL (as David Good would say) to hack someone's Twitter account.

Friend of Reid, I'm sure if you're real you'll find a way to substantiate what you're saying. Nothing personal, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3658322;
    That isn't the case. I just looked back in this thread and while the Tweets were happening Reid was out.
    OK, thanks for letting us know. It was just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaReidFan;3658587;
    I'm just catching up so I don't know if this has been answered yet but if you right click the email address in the from section up at top, and then click on properties, it should display the IP Address of the sender. There are sites that you can search an IP address. If they have not used software to block or change the IP address you should be able to get the provider information (AOL, MSN etc.) and the location area of the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by soygrande;3658637;
    based on info i've googled, it's my understanding that if the sender was using gmail on the web (as opposed to using outlook or apple's mail program) the header information will not contain x-originating-ip.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3658685;
    Let it be known that I forwarded the email to mamasue who couldn't determine the IP, even though she said she usually can.
    I think I have all the quotes lined up ok!

Soygrande, I was able to see where AvalonR's email originated from, the city was even spelled out in the header. Not that I'm going to do anything with that, so don't worry anyone.

So, sonyab1974, can you try to do what GeorgiaReidFan outlined in the first quote in this post -- ". . . right click the email address in the from section up at top, and then click on properties, it should display the IP Address of the sender." If you can't figure out the IP address or city, then hopefully you can right click the property information and copy and paste it into a PM to either GeorgiaReidFan or me. And of course thank you in advance!

I'm sure Gmail forensics tracked down the fake Reid but it would still be interesting to try to get some info on him/her. And it's keeping me occupied and not worring about Rafa's return to the court in about an hour!
    Last edited by mamasue1966; 08-12-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3658721;
    I think I have all the quotes lined up ok!

Soygrande, I was able to see where AvalonR's email originated from, the city was even spelled out in the header. Not that I'm going to do anything with that, so don't worry anyone.

So, sonyab1974, can you try to do what GeorgiaReidFan outlined in the first quote in this post -- ". . . right click the email address in the from section up at top, and then click on properties, it should display the IP Address of the sender." If you can't figure out the IP address or city, then hopefully you can right click the property information and copy and paste it into a PM to either GeorgiaReidFan or me. And of course thank you in advance!

I'm sure Gmail forensics tracked down the fake Reid but it would still be interesting to try to get some info on him/her. And it's keeping me occupied and not worring about Rafa's return to the court in about and hour!
    Oh,you're a rafa fan too!!!

He has been seriously missed.

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3658569;
    Okay, so I pose a question to all to cheer Reid up...

Who here is his biggest fan?

What did you guys like about him?

Too much drama. I am sure seeing positive stuff will make him giggle. Or at least seeing my post will. Haha.
    Though he never asked for them, the haikus were composed in sincerity and with great affection. He might actually enjoy reading more of them....?

What did we like about Reid? What was NOT to like?

Sweet, funny, vulnerable, smart, realistic, young-at-heart, family-centered, considerate, respectful, affectionate, self-effacing, honest - someone I'd love my own son to grow up to resemble.... Makes us old married ladies remember the joy of finding someone special.

May all that he's experienced the past few months never tarnish the wonderful man he seems to be.

OT: Reid is way cool but Rafa gives me chills when he plays some incredible tennis.

I am trying to swing tickets to see him at U.S. Open.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3658717;
    I'm not sure I believe the hacking rumor. FWIW, in my non-professional opinion, those tweets sound like they were in his "voice". That being said, I don't really care if he wrote those or not, except to the extent that I think it's NOT COOL (as David Good would say) to hack someone's Twitter account.

Friend of Reid, I'm sure if you're real you'll find a way to substantiate what you're saying. Nothing personal, I promise
    There is more to take into account than just the "voice" of the tweets. There is also the fact that Fake Reid was messaging Sonya, told her that he turned down Bachelor, told her that he was talking on the phone to a girl he liked, and was up until the middle of the night online...

I have told Reid's friend that she can give me verification personally if she feels the need to and I'll pass it on to the group. I can't blame her for not wanting to put anything out here.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NotACrazyFan;3658479;
    No offense taken. I only came on here to post because Reid is having a bad day. I thought you would all like to know that he hasn't been Tweeting. I came on before because someone told me about the haiku's. Sure, you guys have no reason to believe me, but I am just trying to look out for all parties involved. Reid is a nice guy who doesn't deserve someone going behind his back.
    Let me know if you'd like to see more haikus...I'm chock full of them!

Quote Originally Posted by calababe2008;3658738;
    OT: Reid is way cool but Rafa gives me chills when he plays some incredible tennis.

I am trying to swing tickets to see him at U.S. Open.
    OT: I like quirky guys, what can I say?

And I'm going to get my first glass of wine now. I can't watch tonight, even online, sober!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;3658741;
    Let me know if you'd like to see more haikus...I'm chock full of them!
    Yeah, Agentcurls, I have to admit that yours have been some of the best!!

Closed Thread