Closed Thread
Page 64 of 991 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164564 ... LastLast

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

I don't know if anyone has posted this before because I haven't had a chance to go back through the threads, but since I am a Taurus like Reid, I thought I would post just one description of the traits of a Taurus - there are many out there, but this will give you the gist - I think it greatly influenced how he negotiated through the process on this show:

Taurus Traits
    Venus is the ruling planet of the zodiac sign Taurus. Taureans are generally characterized as slow and methodical individuals, usually practical in their approach. Once determined, they have incredible will power to achieve things and exert a lot of self discipline over themselves. Taurean individuals have a relaxed and laid back temperament and are generally warm and loving in nature. They usually have an artistic bent of mind and are great lovers of music, art and beauty. They also love to travel and explore new places.

A significant characteristic that can help you recognize a Taurean individual is his stubborn attitude. Once he has made up his mind, there is nothing in the world that can deter him off his decision. However, Taurus individuals are not risk takers and always weigh their decisions properly. They are very cheerful and jovial in nature and can easily display care and affection for others. They love peace and hate quarrelling, but if provoked, can get vicious. In such a case, getting them back to their 'peace loving' self is quite difficult.

Taurus individuals are practical, patient, purposeful, constant, obstinate, earthly, warm and sensual. They are conservative and law-abiding citizens and have a great love of tranquility and serenity. They are generally noted to be quite good looking and have an attractive personality. Taureans are materialistic in nature and are known for their down-to-earth approach. They have tremendous patience and immense will power. They have a sense of material values and physical possessions.

My notes: It is sometimes thought that Taureans are stubborn, but I like to call it "determined" - in general, we also do not like being controlled. We are very loyal as well.

Hope this helps - I fully understand where Reid is coming from - this show would be way too fast for me, too, and I think he has his head on straight, and did not give in to the classic Fleiss drama or rush, rush to fall in love in 5 minutes - he took his time to get to know Jillian on each date and was moving along at a more normal pace for a relationship to be successful - of course, he may very well have to speed it up at the end if he hopes to return and profess his love for her, now that she has let him go
    Last edited by pikaki; 07-15-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Check out Reid's Diary video clip on the ABC board. There is more coverage of his limo ride. He has not given up and believes that Jillian is confused.

He is coming back.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for the post about the Taurus personality...sounds alot like our guy!

I think it's just what the 'flighty' and insecure Jillian needs!

However, in real astrology, you have to take into account the moon sign and the rising sign, so we have no real idea!

But, I think Jillian loves Reid!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fanatic

From CH's blog about Reid:
    "You got the feeling that had time not been an issue, this could have gone further. As Jillian said during our deliberation, each guy represents something very different she's looking for in life."

Of the 2 guys left which one can fulfill what Reid represents because I think Reid could eventually fulfill what Kip and Ed represent. I think Jillian thinks Ed at the moment.

ETA: JMO I think Reid has some big shoes to fill.
    Last edited by muslady; 07-15-2009 at 02:59 AM.
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

Taurus man is just about the ideal match for a Capricorn woman. No kidding!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maxsam;3573103;
    I have seen every episode of the Bachelor/Bachelorette since the second season...I've only missed Aaron's season, and from what i've heard...I didn't miss much! I can honestly say that last night was the very first time I witnessed two people who were in love, and breaking up on this show! It was heartbreaking and I literally, for the first time ever, had a lump in my throat and tears rolling! Reid and Jillian were meant to be together. Although you can never know for sure what a couple is feeling inside towards each other, I believe that their feelings that were displayed were genuine and real. Jillian lit up the screen when she either saw or spoke of Reid, and he did as well. 6 weeks is a short time to get to know someone, as it goes against "normal" courtships. My husband and I met, fell in love, and were engaged withing 6 weeks ourselves. We knew we were meant for each other. We were in our 30's and had been thru many relationships previously. It's been 8 years and we are still going strong and still very much in love. No..it hasn't been easy, but tell me who has a relationship that is easy. Whether you court for 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years...you can tell alot about a person in a short amount of time. I could tell if I wanted to be with a guy within the first 5 minutes usually...So, I wish that Jillian and Reid would rethink thier love and commitment to each other, and just go with it!!!
    There are certainly alot of variables, backgrounds, different personality dynamics, self-confidence and self esteem that can have a great effect on who we choose as partners and why we chose those partners etc . I am a very independent, very self-confident, and have great self-esteem, so I agree with you that it can happen and has happened that people know after a short time they were meant to be together. My husband and I had never married because we each had values that if it wasn't the right one, then marriage would not be in the cards. My husband and I met when we were both 40, we met in April 2004 and married by that Oct. We knew within that 1st month of our first few dates that we were destined to be together. I had dated "ton's of guys throughout my years and never felt this way before. The best way I can explain it, it would be like being best girlfriends, only with all the extra male/female perks. And so, naturally, our personalities compliment each other and so for the most part, we laugh alot & get along very well. We still have a normal relationship so we do have bumps in the road but because we already naturally are best friends, respect each other, and we both have a great sense of humor, we are able to overcome life's little bumps. I see Jillian and Reid the same way my husband and I relate to each other. The communication, the physical part, respect, the relationship on all levels compliments each other. That's what I see in Jillian and Reid and yes, I believe it is quite possible to love & care for each other under a short period of time.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Keep the faith.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by adrienlover;3573792;
    Taurus man is just about the ideal match for a Capricorn woman. No kidding!
    Actually Taurus and Capricorn are perfect matches...and I happen to be a Capricorn...hmm, if it doesn't work out with Jillian, I might have to go get me some Reid!
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3573664;
    Check out Reid's Diary video clip on the ABC board. There is more coverage of his limo ride. He has not given up and believes that Jillian is confused.

He is coming back.
    I will have to watch it. Yeah she is confused and scared. That can happen. I've been there. Don't make the same mistakes I have done Jilly!

Closed Thread