Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

  1. #5541
    I Joined Because of Reid Javo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3645649;
    That's so me again! Watched (inexplicably) the Matt season. Will also follow Reid wherever he goes. This season got totally hooked cuz of Reid. (Hubby was nice enuf to watch with me, so that saved me from feeling too guilty sitting there for 2 hours!) AND your quote under your screen name says it all for me, too: "I joined because of Reid."

    Nice to meet you, twinsie! Wonder why mom never told me I was adopted?
    Ha! Nice to meet you two twinsie! My husband watched as well (how very nice of him) and he liked Reid too! He's always my gauge on the quality of people, so I appreciate his opinion. Since he thought Reid was a good guy he cringed the entire time watching the Final Rose and ATFR because he felt so bad for Reid getting hurt. Just shows me (as if I didn't know) that Reid appeals to both men and women, because he's just real and can be both a "guys guy" and a "girls guy".

    Yes, I wonder when we find out about the adoption?!

  2. #5542
    GeorgiaReidFan
    Guest

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    [QUOTE=n4692u;3645612;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3643810;
    Bears repeating from the MTA :"If it walks like a snake, and talks like a snake chances are it's not the kind of guy any woman would want to date!"
    I know the lady who said this was saying it about Wes but now it certainly seems to apply to Mr. Ed!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

    I'm beginning to think the gf business on the show was Ed and not Wes at all. If you go back and look at the RC where that all blew up, take a look at Ed's face and reaction to it all. I think he left before the next rose ceremony.
    ITA, wasn’t that the night that he got so drunk. (The scene in the hotel hallway with Jillian) Then the following week he left.

  3. #5543
    East Coaster Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645681;
    On a Reidified 'Intervention' show, they'll ship you off to Reidhab, where you'll just get more Reid.
    Yeah, I'm all for that. No complaining from me.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

  4. #5544
    I Joined Because of Reid Javo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645654;
    Nope. I'm so tired of this show ruining the lives of decent people, so if Reid is Bachelor, the chains are off. Click, click, click, click, click.
    C'mon Avalon, do it for us! You are WAY to insightful to give this crazy show a break; we need your analysis! I've only been on this site for a month or so, but you are one of my most trusted opinions!

    Granted, if it isn't Reid as The Bachelor, do what you wish with your life.

  5. #5545
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645654;
    Nope. I'm so tired of this show ruining the lives of decent people, so if Reid is Bachelor, the chains are off. Click, click, click, click, click.
    I laughed out loud at that one Avalon!!
    I have to say ~ Monday night was not the same without Reid on my tv!! I'd hate for him to be the next Bachelor... but I want him back on my tv as soon as possible! Couldn't they come up with a sitcom for him ~ he could be like the ultimate nerdy cool guy looking to find love in the big city!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  6. #5546
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    258

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Javo;3645687;
    Ha! Nice to meet you two twinsie! My husband watched as well (how very nice of him) and he liked Reid too! He's always my gauge on the quality of people, so I appreciate his opinion. Since he thought Reid was a good guy he cringed the entire time watching the Final Rose and ATFR because he felt so bad for Reid getting hurt. Just shows me (as if I didn't know) that Reid appeals to both men and women, because he's just real and can be both a "guys guy" and a "girls guy".

    Yes, I wonder when we find out about the adoption?!
    Lol! I know! I need to have a little talk with my mom about this revelation!

    My hubby also loved Reid and I came to the same conclusion as you (of course, because we are twins!), "Wow! Everyone likes this guy!" Like you, I kind of suspected that, too--I mean, who could resist liking that down-to-earth quality and sense of humor? My hubby called it when he said, "Reid's quick wit made the whole show!"

  7. #5547
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3645633;
    I feel sorry for us if Reid is the next Bachelor....I mean we think we are obsessed NOW?! What's gonna happen when he gets 100% of the air time?!

    And god forbid he should pick someone we don't like! Look at how crazy some of us got at just the possiblity of him dating Cosmo host Diana!
    Its going to be a madhouse! They might as well starting making my straitjacket now!

    No, for my own emotional health I need for Reid to not be the Bachelor.
    We will be disillusioned if he has to lead on a bunch of women. It happens every time. His approval rating will drop like a stone.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  8. #5548
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3645632;
    This is my fear, too--that the media will rip him if this happens. Also the angst he will go thru having to 1) send girls home he cares about or 2) see girls upset when he sends them home. It's just scary. I'd watch the show, but I'd prolly be a little worried or have a knot in the pit of my stomach the whole time.
    I disagree. I think that knowing Reid as we do, we would gush about how honest and practical he is being. We know that he has a good head on his shoulders and we also have eyes opened to the editting that goes on. I think we would be discussing the edits and proving to ourselves that he is making the best and most rational decisions.

  9. #5549
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3645783;
    I am trying soooo hard here, please help me and stop bringing up that Cosmo girl!
    WHAT COSMO GIRL??? I'm sure it's been discussed to death (whatever it is) but I've missed it! Please enlighten me!

    --- ryfan -- sorry to bring it up I know you're trying to quit!

    ps. I feel like I just cracked a beer on the stage of an AA convention!
    Last edited by addison h.; 08-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.

  10. #5550
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3645775;
    I disagree. I think that knowing Reid as we do, we would gush about how honest and practical he is being. We know that he has a good head on his shoulders and we also have eyes opened to the editting that goes on. I think we would be discussing the edits and proving to ourselves that he is making the best and most rational decisions.
    No lead comes out of this unscathed. Not one. So don't think that the bus won't roll over Reid, too, because it will. And frankly I'm not prepared to stand there streetside as it drives by.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.