Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

[QUOTE=Luvstruck;3643810;]Bears repeating from the MTA :"If it walks like a snake, and talks like a snake chances are it's not the kind of guy any woman would want to date!"
    I know the lady who said this was saying it about Wes but now it certainly seems to apply to Mr. Ed!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to think the gf business on the show was Ed and not Wes at all. If you go back and look at the RC where that all blew up, take a look at Ed's face and reaction to it all. I think he left before the next rose ceremony.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3645600;
    Oh man! Of course, I'll watch for Reid!!! But I really want to be done with it for good and the only way for that to happen is for Reid to say no!

This season left me feeling drained and sad ~ I want OUT!

If I may quote the Godfather: Just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in.
    That quote is perfect!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645557;
    All good points. The only thing that frightened me into thinking he might do Bachelor was his comment in the interview about being "a polygamist now." Of course, he could have just been referring to the Bachelorette situation with Jillian which was anything but monogamous-- though technically that was polyandry.

I definitely don't want him to do Bachelor. In fact I'll go on record now to say that I will boycott it out of principle.
    And I'll form the line right behind you!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3645617;
    Really? Do you really think you are strong enough not to watch Reid.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Javo;3645568;
    Per the bolded above, I totally agree as well. I think that the emotional, wavering voice that uncontrollably took over whenever she spoke of Reid gave her away. I think that she isn't lying, that she still would have picked Ed above Reid (for reasons unknown, whatever) but that her feelings for Reid are still there, and she realizes that she didn't do quite right by him (ie. give him a chance, led him on, etc.). She also realizes that they had a real connection (as she said on the ATFR), but is too stubborn to "pull a Jason" and look like she is second guessing her decision. She is the product of what has come before her, which is the previous show in which her friend Melissa was dumped on national TV by Jason. She wants to stay as far away from that as possible, and that is always going to be on her mind. So first and foremost, once she decided that Ed was her guy, she was going to stick with it till the end.
    As Chris Harrison so clearly stated early on. (Without mentioning names, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3645617;
    Not me!! And I would bet none of you would be able to NOT watch!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3645605;
    Unless it's Reid or his clone, I def won't watch. I generally don't watch TB anyway, just sometimes TB'ette. Thank heavens I watched this season or I woulda missed the Reidman!
    We ARE long lost twins! I've watched some of the other seasons on and off (I think I inexplicably watched the entire Matt from London season) but really am not a routine watcher. Two hours of my TV watching life every week usually equals too much time on one TV show! But Reid pulled me in and now I'm hooked! And honestly, I think I'm hooked on Reid, not The Bachelor, so I will be following him wherever he goes next. (Again, let's reiterate, I'm married.) But it's still up in the air if I will follow The Bachelor next season.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3645623;
    Not me!! And I would bet none of you would be able to NOT watch!!
    You're on!
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3645610;
    Didn't lisamill say something like he has done a complete turnaround from the way he used to be in relationships? He's more open to saying what he thinks, etc. Reid himself talked about his type changing on his interview. I think he's learned a lot. I think he went into the show really and truly believing it would be fun, but at the same time something could happen. And something DID happen. So his experience and his feelings were real, even if he did have to make out in front of a nation-wide TV audience! Through this experience he grew as a person, and realized what he really wants. His list has changed. He may not be as selective as he's been in the past, but in spite of the fact he will be able to have any girl he wants, he will probably still search for that genuine connection. I can't see him being a player. He said he doesn't do the club scene. During the hometown date one of his brothers talked about how he was ready to settle down, especially with his brothers married and starting families of their own. So even if he went on to become TB, still hoping to find real love, I don't think he would settle. He would stay true to his heart. If it's not there, it's not there. And then we would have another Brad situation. How many of us would like to see that happen to him. I wouldn't!
    This is my fear, too--that the media will rip him if this happens. Also the angst he will go thru having to 1) send girls home he cares about or 2) see girls upset when he sends them home. It's just scary. I'd watch the show, but I'd prolly be a little worried or have a knot in the pit of my stomach the whole time.

FORT Fogey

I feel sorry for us if Reid is the next Bachelor....I mean we think we are obsessed NOW?! What's gonna happen when he gets 100% of the air time?!

And god forbid he should pick someone we don't like! Look at how crazy some of us got at just the possiblity of him dating Cosmo host Diana!
    Its going to be a madhouse! They might as well starting making my straitjacket now!

No, for my own emotional health I need for Reid to not be the Bachelor.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 08-06-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Closed Thread