Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fan

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645557;
    All good points. The only thing that frightened me into thinking he might do Bachelor was his comment in the interview about being "a polygamist now." Of course, he could have just been referring to the Bachelorette situation with Jillian which was anything but monogamous-- though technically that was polyandry.

I definitely don't want him to do Bachelor. In fact I'll go on record now to say that I will boycott it out of principle.
    I don't want him to do TB either (rather have him do another show and meet a girl on his own) but if he did, I know I'd watch. I don't know how I couldn't be sucked in, even if I tried not to be. I mean, it's REID.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3645559;
    I don't want him to do the bachelor either. Yes hott/adorable/smart/charming/thoughtful yada yada but Reid, RUN!
    Honestly, I don't know that I could bring myself to watch the bachelor next January if it's not Reid. As of now, just the thought of them announcing it's Jake(UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!) or someone else just makes me so sad, I'm sure I will cry and grief a little because all the fantasy of Reid will be gone and there'll never be any closure on that subject for me. I know it's nuts but it feels like I never got to read the ending of the novel.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3645572;
    I don't want him to do TB either (rather have him do another show and meet a girl on his own) but if he did, I know I'd watch. I don't know how I couldn't be sucked in, even if I tried not to be. I mean, it's REID.
    I am completely torn with him doing TB or not. I can see both sides, I'm sure indecisive Reid can see both sides too! But I agree, I will watch if he is on; if these last few weeks of computer hijinks, let's call it REID OBSESSION, have proven anything, it's that I will do anything for my Reid fix.

Did I mention I signed up for Twitter so I could follow him? And that I'm happily married? Sigh.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Javo;3645586;
    I am completely torn with him doing TB or not. I can see both sides, I'm sure indecisive Reid can see both sides too! But I agree, I will watch if he is on; if these last few weeks of computer hijinks, let's call it REID OBSESSION, have proven anything, it's that I will do anything for my Reid fix.

Did I mention I signed up for Twitter so I could follow him? And that I'm happily married? Sigh.
    I think we must be long lost twins. You sound EXACTLY like me. Weird, isn't it? I can't figure it out--and gave up trying.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3645533;
    You will watch him on anything else? Does that mean if he is the bachelor you won't watch him?
    Oh man! Of course, I'll watch for Reid!!! But I really want to be done with it for good and the only way for that to happen is for Reid to say no!

This season left me feeling drained and sad ~ I want OUT!

If I may quote the Godfather: Just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 08-06-2009 at 11:34 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3645584;
    Honestly, I don't know that I could bring myself to watch the bachelor next January if it's not Reid. As of now, just the thought of them announcing it's Jake(UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!) or someone else just makes me so sad, I'm sure I will cry and grief a little because all the fantasy of Reid will be gone and there'll never be any closure on that subject for me. I know it's nuts but it feels like I never got to read the ending of the novel.
    Unless it's Reid or his clone, I def won't watch. I generally don't watch TB anyway, just sometimes TB'ette. Thank heavens I watched this season or I woulda missed the Reidman!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3645600;
    Oh man! Of course, I'll watch for Reid!!! But I really want to be done with it for good and the only way for that to happen is for Reid to say no!

This season left me feeling drained and sad ~ I want OUT!
    Lol! We all sound like drug addicts!

Reid = crack!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3645530;
    Right. The interview pretty much said to me that Reid isn't the next Bachelor.

Jake did the 'no comment' too and I took that to mean he isn't the next one either.

eta

Then again, using the show to do some of the matchmaking makes it easier than doing it on his own.
    I agree and PRAY his answer is an emphatic, "NO!"

Didn't lisamill say something like he has done a complete turnaround from the way he used to be in relationships? He's more open to saying what he thinks, etc. Reid himself talked about his type changing on his interview. I think he's learned a lot. I think he went into the show really and truly believing it would be fun, but at the same time something could happen. And something DID happen. So his experience and his feelings were real, even if he did have to make out in front of a nation-wide TV audience! Through this experience he grew as a person, and realized what he really wants. His list has changed. He may not be as selective as he's been in the past, but in spite of the fact he will be able to have any girl he wants, he will probably still search for that genuine connection. I can't see him being a player. He said he doesn't do the club scene. During the hometown date one of his brothers talked about how he was ready to settle down, especially with his brothers married and starting families of their own. So even if he went on to become TB, still hoping to find real love, I don't think he would settle. He would stay true to his heart. If it's not there, it's not there. And then we would have another Brad situation. How many of us would like to see that happen to him. I wouldn't!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645557;
    All good points. The only thing that frightened me into thinking he might do Bachelor was his comment in the interview about being "a polygamist now." Of course, he could have just been referring to the Bachelorette situation with Jillian which was anything but monogamous-- though technically that was polyandry.

I definitely don't want him to do Bachelor. In fact I'll go on record now to say that I will boycott it out of principle.
    Take it back! You know you will want to dish with us. C'mon.

Closed Thread