Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3645494;
    You are not in the minority Wondery about Jillian and Reid. We were all gung ho for them two. But it's obvious to many of us now that ship has sailed. Jillian has rejected Reid basically 3 times now. It WAS the most amazing relationship to watch blossoming on this show. Red and Jillian could have been the next Trista and Ryan. But it's over. Jillian also hasn't talked very highly about her time with Reid in post interviews. I believe it's more denial on her part but still I expected a little bit better from her. That being said, I didn't know a thing about Reid going into watching The Bachelorette. In the end I left wanting to see more of him on The Bachelor. Since everybody knows what he went through to try and find love, it would be fitting and interesting to see the journey continue . . .
    Well said! ITA

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3644509;
    What was yesterday's tweet?
    @phillyrealtor gotta good feeling, you've got some business to complete

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;3644536;
    I'm curious why you think it's personal - it's hard for me to decipher.
    I was told it was. Remember this could be Graham's opinion on things...it doesn't mean he actually knows anything.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Although people point to somethings he said in the Cosmo interview indicating that he is the new bachelor, several things he said made me think no:

- He talked about how crazy his life is and that the show just aired and that things will die down eventually and that he knows "it will fade". Why would he say that if he was going to be TB? He life will not calm down, in fact, it will get ALOT crazier.

- He talked about having a hard time combing through all the girls contacting him and it being like "drinking from a firehose". Its not going to get easier doing TB.

- His "no comment" to TB...just after the AFRC he openly talked about doing it. Now, all of a sudden he can't talk about it? I think he doesn't want to say "no" flat out.

Frankly, I am one of his fans that wants him to stay FAR away from TB. I will watch him on anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3645524;
    Although people point to somethings he said in the Cosmo interview indicating that he is the new bachelor, several things he said made me think no:

- He talked about how crazy his life is and that the show just aired and that things will die down eventually and that he knows "it will fade". Why would he say that if he was going to be TB? He life will not calm down, in fact, it will get ALOT crazier.

- He talked about having a hard time combing through all the girls contacting him and it being like "drinking from a firehose". Its not going to get easier doing TB.

- His "no comment" to TB...just after the AFRC he openly talked about doing it. Now, all of a sudden he can't talk about it? I think he doesn't want to say "no" flat out.
    Right. The interview pretty much said to me that Reid isn't the next Bachelor.

Jake did the 'no comment' too and I took that to mean he isn't the next one either.

eta

Then again, using the show to do some of the matchmaking makes it easier than doing it on his own.

Frankly, I am one of his fans that wants him to stay FAR away from TB. I will watch him on anything else!
    You will watch him on anything else? Does that mean if he is the bachelor you won't watch him?

You are not in the minority Wondery about Jillian and Reid. We were all gung ho for them two. But it's obvious to many of us now that ship has sailed. Jillian has rejected Reid basically 3 times now. It WAS the most amazing relationship to watch blossoming on this show. Red and Jillian could have been the next Trista and Ryan. But it's over. Jillian also hasn't talked very highly about her time with Reid in post interviews. I believe it's more denial on her part but still I expected a little bit better from her. That being said, I didn't know a thing about Reid going into watching The Bachelorette. In the end I left wanting to see more of him on The Bachelor. Since everybody knows what he went through to try and find love, it would be fitting and interesting to see the journey continue . . .

Well said, I couldn't have said it better myself. It was amazing to watch Jillian and Reid's relationship develop. But honestly, after listening to him interact with Diana the Cosmo interviewer, I think that his quick wit could match with many women. I don't mean to belittle what we saw on our TV screens with Jillian and Reid, but I think that Reid has a kind of flirty yet sincere personality. I think he fell for Jillian, but I honestly think that if he could find someone who matched him in "flirty banter", he would be just as happy.

He would therefore be a great match for The Bachelor. I am protective of him, and don't want him to get hurt, but I think that he would be going into this with open eyes. Honestly, my biggest concern with Reid being The Bachelor is that he is picky and even with a pre-selected 25 women, he may not find someone he clicks with. That may then cause his "edit" to be Brad Part II, even if that's unfair.

All good points. The only thing that frightened me into thinking he might do Bachelor was his comment in the interview about being "a polygamist now." Of course, he could have just been referring to the Bachelorette situation with Jillian which was anything but monogamous-- though technically that was polyandry.

I definitely don't want him to do Bachelor. In fact I'll go on record now to say that I will boycott it out of principle.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3645557;
    All good points. The only thing that frightened me into thinking he might do Bachelor was his comment in the interview about being "a polygamist now." Of course, he could have just been referring to the Bachelorette situation with Jillian which was anything but monogamous-- though technically that was polyandry.

I definitely don't want him to do Bachelor. In fact I'll go on record now to say that I will boycott it out of principle.
    I don't want him to do the bachelor either. Yes hott/adorable/smart/charming/thoughtful yada yada but Reid, RUN!

Per the bolded above, I totally agree as well. I think that the emotional, wavering voice that uncontrollably took over whenever she spoke of Reid gave her away. I think that she isn't lying, that she still would have picked Ed above Reid (for reasons unknown, whatever) but that her feelings for Reid are still there, and she realizes that she didn't do quite right by him (ie. give him a chance, led him on, etc.). She also realizes that they had a real connection (as she said on the ATFR), but is too stubborn to "pull a Jason" and look like she is second guessing her decision. She is the product of what has come before her, which is the previous show in which her friend Melissa was dumped on national TV by Jason. She wants to stay as far away from that as possible, and that is always going to be on her mind. So first and foremost, once she decided that Ed was her guy, she was going to stick with it till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wondery;3645445;
    I know I am the minority in this...but I really loved Jillian and Reid together. That's why I like Reid so much...from seeing their relationship. I really think they have an incredible (indescribable as described by both of them) chemistry. And I think they both bring out the best in each other. Too bad it was never meant to be. I hope he's not the Bachelor....his relationships with other girls may not be as adorable. As much as I disliked Jill for her judgement, I think she has a great personality that can match with Reid's. They have great comebacks with each other. Again, I know I'm in the minority since most of you are over the couple, but just wanted to share my opinion.
    You're not the only one that feels like that. I do too! It will be very hard for me to watch him as TB, when I saw chemistry through the roof with him and Jillian. Another girl just won't do it for me. I do want him to be happy, but I'm not sure I'd like to see him as TB.

Closed Thread