Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

  1. #5071
    FORT Fogey C4Real's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    944

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Heart;3642429;
    YES... THANK YOU!!! This woman should get a HUGE raise!
    ABC should hire her to do their casting for them!

  2. #5072
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Waterfront
    Posts
    247

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Thanks Avalon for providing the link to the interview

    Wow, what a great guy, he patiently sat through that. Echoing what some others were saying, that woman barely gave him a chance to speak. A good interviewer takes a back seat and allows the guest to dominate. But nevertheless, Reid came across as very down-to-earth, thoughtful and respectful towards the host and in answers to questions about the other bachelors, and seemingly wise about his approach towards future relationships

    Nice to see (or in this case hear) such a genuine man Reid showcase himself so well while over at the roast the pig Ed is being burnt to a crisp - just checked the Ed thread - WHOA the details on that one, such a convoluted story could not even be conjured up in a novel by the best of writers

  3. #5073
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3642440;
    This could be a great movie. Just everything that happened to him on TB and then a parallel story of some young woman who doesn't even know what a great guy is heading her way and then they meet! There is an old French film I think from the 70's or 80's which I can't remember the name of. But anyway, it tells the two leads life up to the point where they meet...and they have struggled in love and finally find each other.
    Reid is honestly the perfect rom-com hero. Gorgeous and sweet and the guy you initially write off in favor of the bad boy but in the end realize he's the best friend who is always there for you and adores you. Oh man, I have such a crush on Reid!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #5074
    Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    810

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3642454;
    Thanks Avalon for providing the link to the interview

    Wow, what a great guy, he patiently sat through that. Echoing what some others were saying, that woman barely gave him a chance to speak. A good interviewer takes a back seat and allows the guest to dominate. But nevertheless, Reid came across as very down-to-earth, thoughtful and respectful towards the host and in answers to questions about the other bachelors, and seemingly wise about his approach towards future relationships

    Nice to see (or in this case hear) such a genuine man Reid showcase himself so well while over at the roast the pig Ed is being burnt to a crisp - just checked the Ed thread - WHOA the details on that one, such a convoluted story could not even be conjured up in a novel by the best of writers

    Yeah, I loved hearing Reid in the interview, but as much as I love Reid, I do not think I could make myself listen to her again. I know radio hosts need to talk a lot to get through all that air time, but come one, when you have someone there to interview, let them do the talking.

  5. #5075
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    202

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo;3642095;
    Lol! But maybe she was a girl he dated at Ohio State?

    (Or maybe at Ohio State was the girl he was only "1/2" in love with--and he only counts it as 1/2 because they were so young at the time. Just guessing.)
    I was wondering if this is a topic that Lisamill can add to:

    It sounds like he hasn't an a girlfriend (or a serious girlfriend) for quite some time. I'm wondering if the 1/2 might have been a high school girlfriend or something and the 1 is maybe later in college / right after college? Got his heart broken (or the break-up was just really hard on him) and he's just casually dated here and there since. Does anyone have info on that? Not that I need a run down of his prior relationships but just curious how it all fit into the time frame. Do you think that he dates a lot (like a serial date: has a new date every weekend) or has been more laid back about it and hasn't really spent a ton of time dating. Just curious.

    It seems that once he lets himself fall into a relationship, that he does love deeply. Thats why I think that if she had picked him in the end, some of these after the show concerns she had would have just worked themselves out. When talking about his future wife or what he would want, he really seems very laid back in that he just wants to be happy and in love and isn't going to make a big deal out of what he considers the small stuff.

  6. #5076
    FORT Fogey sonyab1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Beachmom says I still think Reid was supposed to be Mr. Invisible. The editing just tells me.
    ============================== ===========
    Yeah. But even if Jilly and Ed break up she can't be with Reid. She really has a lot of soul searching to do. Get her head straightened out. And then maybe her and Reid can be together.

    Also, one other things I noticed while "Reid-ing" today : at the first group picture with Jillian in the white dress, they are showing her with all of the men, Reid is on her right, and Kiptyn is on her left! Foreshadowing what was supposed to be maybe?
    ============================== =============
    Hmmm maybe you never know.

  7. #5077
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    258

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGirl99;3642496;
    I was wondering if this is a topic that Lisamill can add to:

    It sounds like he hasn't an a girlfriend (or a serious girlfriend) for quite some time. I'm wondering if the 1/2 might have been a high school girlfriend or something and the 1 is maybe later in college / right after college? Got his heart broken (or the break-up was just really hard on him) and he's just casually dated here and there since. Does anyone have info on that? Not that I need a run down of his prior relationships but just curious how it all fit into the time frame. Do you think that he dates a lot (like a serial date: has a new date every weekend) or has been more laid back about it and hasn't really spent a ton of time dating. Just curious.

    It seems that once he lets himself fall into a relationship, that he does love deeply. Thats why I think that if she had picked him in the end, some of these after the show concerns she had would have just worked themselves out. When talking about his future wife or what he would want, he really seems very laid back in that he just wants to be happy and in love and isn't going to make a big deal out of what he considers the small stuff.
    Good questions. Um, is 30 too young for someone to write their autobiography? I would buy it!

  8. #5078
    FORT Fogey mnmhughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunHillbillie;3642252;
    Have we ever thanked the lady in Reid's office who signed him up for the show??? If not... I think I speak for everyone when I say a BIG "Thank You"!!!
    Maybe we should all pitch in $5 and buy her a huge bouquet of flowers!

  9. #5079
    FORT Fanatic Patti2620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    597

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Wow...668 people have uploaded my link for part 1 of Reid's interview today that I posted on here...I checked the link on the B board and it was my box.net of part one. called Reid...lol

    He is so popular with so many.
    Last edited by Patti2620; 08-06-2009 at 01:20 AM.

  10. #5080
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3642539;
    Wow...668 people have uploaded my link for part 1 of Reid's interview today that I posted on here..think some are from the B board.

    He is so popular with so many.
    I'm truly amazed. When I was recording the interview today, I thought I'd just be sharing it with a handful of FORTers. The amount of downloads is absolutely insane.

    Working on getting it up on YouTube now. Should make things a heck of a lot easier.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.