Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fan

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Just some random thoughts after reading thru posts from earlier today:

1. After his radio interview, I was thinking about Reid and Jilly again, and what they were like together. I think Jilly would really have to change her preference in "type" of men for her to be interested in Reid even if things don't work out with Ed. But Reid said his "type" has changed, so maybe hers could, too. As someone said on this thread earlier, her "type" hasn't worked for her before, so....

I still like Jill a lot (esp. since Reid likes her), I just think she has terrible taste in men. Sadly, I know many women like that--super girls, but awful taste in men.

2. I am not sure Reid would want a wife that stays at home with the kids as someone mentioned. Seems he might like a career-girl wife who at least works PT after kids...but that is a pure guess on my part. I just think maybe he liked that Jilly had her own career and many girls that career-focused don't or won't give that up completely when the kids come. (They switch to PT or work from home instead or whatever.) Not a big deal, just a thought that came to mind.

3. I think the Rosenthal parents should get their own show! An HGTV one. Or even one like the Roloffs where you get to see the whole family in action, in this case in dealing with one of their kids becoming a "breakout star." Too bad it isn't filming right now as they are going thru all this. It would be fascinating, IMHO!

4. Barring that, I still think they should write "The Rosenthal's Guide to Good Parenting." They FER SHUR did something right with those boys!!

5. I was worried the radio interviewer today was gonna ask him about the sneakers with the dress clothes--the question he says "everyone asks" and he's seems really tired of. Whew!

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3641701;
    Aww, Man, he would have been perfect for that venue.

I'm sure glad to be a Reid fan today. We are having fun and so happy hearing Reid. (sad day for Ed fans..I almost feel sorry for them, well maybe not)
    I agree and so I'm disappointed - I'm a major HGTV fan - he would be awesome fronting an HGTV Show.
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3642245;
    Having him talking in my ears...way sexy..better than the TV speakers..whew!

We have a serious illness, addiction the Reid Effect, can't get enough of him, want to see him, hear him. This illness is not going to end soon, sorry Reid!!!
    Seriously, I have NEVER been this starved for information on a reality show contestant. NEVER. My poor husband just asked, "What are you doing up there (in the office)?" I wanted to answer "getting my fix."

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KajunHillbillie;3642252;
    Have we ever thanked the lady in Reid's office who signed him up for the show??? If not... I think I speak for everyone when I say a BIG "Thank You"!!!
    Oh you're so right.

Big to her!!
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by KajunHillbillie;3642252;
    Have we ever thanked the lady in Reid's office who signed him up for the show??? If not... I think I speak for everyone when I say a BIG "Thank You"!!!
    No we haven't! THANK YOU FOR SIGNING REID UP!

McMurdo,
    Reid said today his wife staying at home after having a baby is totally acceptable. He also said it's not that important to him, that he will be financially secure, so if she wanted to keep her job, great. He said was if she was independent and had her career, he would not want her to stop and be a stay at home wife, unless she had a baby. Just wanted to clarify that, I think it was me who mentioned that and to whom you are referring.
    Last edited by Patti2620; 08-06-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3642275;
    Reid said today his wife staying at home after having a baby is totally acceptable. He also said it's not that important to him, that he will be financially secure, so if she wanted to keep her job, great. What he said was if she was independent and had her career, he would not want her to stop and be a stay at home wife, unless she had a baby. Just wanted to clarify that.
    Yes, he seemed to be saying that he wants someone who has her own thing but that he could also support a family, if necessary. I don't think he wants a wife who just sits at home, even after having kids. JMO.

I think his Mom works and potentially worked when he was growing up? So that's probably the model he is looking for...

Shout out to Mom Rosenthal!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3641743;
    (818) 460-7477

If you want to give it one last ditched attempt to get Reid a great offer for TB, I just found that contact # in the FAQ section on abc's website...it's a # for audience relations . I refuse to give up.
    Just called...thanks!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3640819;
    I am going to take a deep breath and raise a touchy subject. I wonder whether Reid and his family might think it wise to take religious background into consideration when looking at potential women for him. He may not be observant, but the cultural differences can be difficult in interfaith marriages. I was raised in a liberal Christian church and married a Jewish man; and I wound up converting to Judaism because it was important to him. He is not at all Orthodox, but it still meant a lot to him that I convert. We have a happy marriage. That being said, marriage isn't easy (thank you Wes) and cultural differences can make it harder.

There, I said it. But if Reid were to find that perfect girl, I would be thrilled for him no matter what her background is. It's just one more thing to consider. That's all I am saying.
    I don't think it was an issue for Reid or his family at all, but I have wondered if it might be an issue for Jillian when it got down to the very end. I wondered if before the show she said it didn't matter, but after it was confronted in reality, it might have mattered to her more than she thought, re the discussion of him not knowing what Christmas was like and other things they may have discussed or she considered. Just a thought.
    Last edited by McMurdo; 08-06-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3642275;
    McMurdo,
    Reid said today his wife staying at home after having a baby is totally acceptable. He also said it's not that important to him, that he will be financially secure, so if she wanted to keep her job, great. He said was if she was independent and had her career, he would not want her to stop and be a stay at home wife, unless she had a baby. Just wanted to clarify that, I think it was me who mentioned that and to whom you are referring.
    Like literally, he is going to be the most perfect, kind, and understanding partner out there to some woman. I don't know who this woman is yet but she must have done something amazing in her past life to deserve what is coming to her. Swoon X 1000.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread