Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3636375;
    Wow, that is perfect; however, I don't want Jillian for Reid anymore. He needs to find another true love that will be even sweeter than what he found with Jillian. Jillian blew it and will be kicking herself for years to come!
    yah, I give her a couple months...oh boy
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Interesting about 2-3 people in consideration for next Bachelor - OR they might take it in a different direction. The only way I can see that happening is if the 2-3 that we would like to see do it turn it down. One thing I'm sure of: Fleiss will not want to let Reid go. He could be the highest paid Bachelor of all time. If that doesn't work out, ABC will not want to let him go! I'm sure the negotiations are going fast and furiously. Reid won't have anything to worry about.

BUT he has a career he loves. The Reid I saw on TV might have trouble leaving that. He seems to be passionate about it and totally invested in it. There might be an agreement worked out where he can do both. I imagine it would be a lot easier to juggle things like this if you're part of a family company than if you were working in another situation.

So if Reid is not the next Bachelor, who will it be? One of the guys from the show, or will they really take it in another direction? And what does that mean?

Fleiss and ABC will move mountains to keep him. We can only hope his integrity will play a part in the negotiations of HOW they can portray him on TB or use him in another show!

He's not exactly in the power position when it comes to negotiating with the network. I hope that whoever the next bachelor is, they consult extensively with Trista before filming starts. She seems to have great advice on how to avoid being manipulated by the production.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3636434;
    Interesting about 2-3 people in consideration for next Bachelor - OR they might take it in a different direction. The only way I can see that happening is if the 2-3 that we would like to see do it turn it down. One thing I'm sure of: Fleiss will not want to let Reid go. He could be the highest paid Bachelor of all time. If that doesn't work out, ABC will not want to let him go! I'm sure the negotiations are going fast and furiously. Reid won't have anything to worry about.

BUT he has a career he loves. The Reid I saw on TV might have trouble leaving that. He seems to be passionate about it and totally invested in it. There might be an agreement worked out where he can do both. I imagine it would be a lot easier to juggle things like this if you're part of a family company than if you were working in another situation.

So if Reid is not the next Bachelor, who will it be? One of the guys from the show, or will they really take it in another direction? And what does that mean?

Fleiss and ABC will move mountains to keep him. We can only hope his integrity will play a part in the negotiations of HOW they can portray him on TB or use him in another show!
    if they move mountains I think Reid will do it, but I do not see them doing mountains. If not Reid then possibly Kip, or maybe Jake or someone outside this past show. Reid was their first choice

FORT Newbie

I have been reading all these posts and my take is different. The way it looked to me is that Jillian did not accept Reid's proposal out of love FOR him. I'm not saying I think they have a l"love connection", only they would know that. From what we saw, she knew that his reality was of the real world, not the "Bachelorette world" and perhaps she was very concerned about him getting dragged further into the muck with the producers and whatever control TPTB have over these Bachelorette participants. Also, since Reid's proposal was vague, perhaps he came back to save her from the likes of Ed out of love for her, but not totally banking on a love connection. Just the way I see it....

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3636443;
    if they move mountains I think Reid will do it, but I do not see them doing mountains. If not Reid then possibly Kip, or maybe Jake or someone outside this past show. Reid was their first choice
    Lisa do you know if he is still considering to do the show?
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3636439;
    He's not exactly in the power position when it comes to negotiating with the network. I hope that whoever the next bachelor is, they consult extensively with Trista before filming starts. She seems to have great advice on how to avoid being manipulated by the production.
    I dont think hes really even negotiating. They made an offer and for him to do it he wants more money and if not he will not accept and will shoot for other media opportunities that are out there. Hes got nothing to lose really as he is content not being the Bachelor so he does have negotiating power I would think

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3636449;
    Lisa do you know if he is still considering to do the show?
    The last I heard if he got the right offer he would do it, otherwise he will not consider it. I would doubt it as they probably wont make such an offer. They can probably get people to do it for free. The majority that follow the show wants Reid but doesnt mean they would pay to have him

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3636443;
    I agree..I certainly think Reid would be their first choice.
    Thanks again Lisa for posting here, appreciate your insight.

Reid is a smart guy, I am sure he'll make the best decision for himself.

Sorry, I don't recall the answer, but do you know Reid's family? Just curious as to your connection.

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3636402;
    From what he posts on his board he is very much in love with her. I think they moved in together a few months or so ago.
    Fantastic!!! Did he mention anything about marriage? Cus that is one thing that worries me. I don't want her to get hurt.

Closed Thread