Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3635643;
    How long ago was that? Yeah I know they are together. Are they living together? I was worried when I first heard she was dating him cus he doesn't want to get married. I hope she doesn't get hurt. Altho you never know maybe he has found the right woman.
    From what he posts on his board he is very much in love with her. I think they moved in together a few months or so ago.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendaavon;3636396;
    Hey do we have any news yet on when the bachelor taping starts or who is chosen???
    No, I think the annoucement is still a month away. I want it to be Reid so bad, but I will get my life back if it isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyGirls;3636399;
    I think it has to do with the fact that people really like Reid, not just in a selfish way but really want to see what's best for him. I would LOVE to see him as TB but I know that he will get hurt by Fleiss. I don't remember Andrew Firestone or Charlie (who both had a good sense of humor) getting "thrown under the bus" but it seems that is the pattern as of late.
    I love Reid, he is husband material and I don't think he fully recognizes that yet.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bzindsc
    remember the picture Reid had of the guys fishing, it was him, Kip, Ed and chris H, and scenes early on showed them as friendly, even tho Reid always knew he was a threat
    You're wrong.
    That was speculation, it's not them.
    . Btw, Reid was right about Ed being a threat...Reid is very perceptive, probably the most perceptive guy on the show...he is analytical, love that about him...it might make him slower on his decisions but his decisions have meaning behind them. I don't see him as an empty promises type of man.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by KellyGirls;3636373;
    At first when Reid posted that pic on his FB I thought for sure it was a sign that he was the last one chosen! Wrong. I read all the signs wrong this season

One of his friends on FB has a picture similar to his (people hanging out on a dock) so I think that it was a trip with his friends after he came home.

I know, I love that pic. It's the one pic that proves to me that she is backpedaling big time and that she was indeed tempted.
    I agree..I also don't think Reid would post of pic of him and the final 2 guys with CH...just my thought anyways.

It would be so much easier to take what Jillians says to be the truth and be happy for her if she didn't lead us ( and him ) to believe otherwise. I understand the way the show works, in that you have to lead them on in some way, othwerwise there would be no mystery involved. I do think many of the things she mentioned about Reid, were not things you would say about someone you didnt' seriously consider to be your final choice, in which that pictures speaks volumes. If Reid has Kip's edit , I would believe him to be F2 and not F1...as Reid said.." it just doesn't make sense"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyGirls;3636399;
    I think it has to do with the fact that people really like Reid, not just in a selfish way but really want to see what's best for him. I would LOVE to see him as TB but I know that he will get hurt by Fleiss. I don't remember Andrew Firestone or Charlie (who both had a good sense of humor) getting "thrown under the bus" but it seems that is the pattern as of late.
    I guess.

I just think that it can't be any worse for Reid as it was for any of the other guys who were The Bachelor. Let him have some fun. Then again, thanks to Jillian, it seems it all has to end with a proposal or it's not a good ending.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3636233;
    Wow, are you serious? That one on one footage, well, more specifically Reid bringing the lolz during the one on one footage, was the whole reason I started faithfully watching this ridiculous show. I could never really get into it, and then wait a minute, here's Reid chatting up random train people, talking about his phobias and telling the Bachelorette that she's not his type. Does he realize what show he's on? Ha ha. So classic.

I haven't really added much to the whole what was Jillian thinking discussion, mostly because I don't think she's been consistent in her statements during and after the show. Consequently, my thoughts don't go much deeper than, "So she says she's hung up on that tool? Whatever, it's her life." Jillian is not really endearing herself to me when she plays the it was always Ed card. I think she figured the public would be relieved that she didn't flip flop when Reid came back and instead stuck with her original decision. It's kind of the opposite of what that Jason guy did, right? That's probably why she said people would be proud of her decision. What she didn't get was that it's not the flip flopping that bugs, per say, because dating so many people in such a short time period is bound to be confusing. No, it's the being disingenuous that bugs. The way she talks about the show now, either she's lying when she says it was always Ed, or she totally played Reid and the pro-Reid portion of the audience when she intimated that she and Reid had something special together. I could make a list of all the things she said on camera that contradicts the "it was always Ed" stance shes taken now, and it wouldn't be a short list. When she contradicts herself it makes it hard to understand where shes coming from, you know? I've only ever seen this one season all the way through, but in my opinion, the key to being the bachelor/bachelorette and not having the public turn on you is to take the feelings of the rejectees very seriously, and admit you are confused and that you are legitimately torn between a bunch of people, and not backpeddal on that after you choose someone in the end. I kinda think Reid would be okay in the end if he decided to do the show, because unlike Jillian he would be very blunt and analytical about the pros and cons of each decision so we could understand how he made his choices even if we didn't agree.

This was totally her mindset. You nailed it.
    Plus with the info about Kiptyn saying that they talked ad nauseum about the heartbreaker thing the night before leads me to believe she was confused up until the last hour, about everything. Nothing will convince me she wasn't.
    We need not think alike to love alike

One thing that is clear from these boards is whether you liked Reid or not, everyone saw hiim as brutally honest. So, now we are to believed he was played by TPTB is such a cruel manner, and he's, shall we say, lying to protect them when he says it was all his choice to come back? I'm just saying...
    Do I beleive that Reid was intentionally misled by the producers to return? Absolutely. They've done this before. It happened to Jeremy. Both guys were led to believe that the woman wanted them to return. I think that is why Reid was so surprised that Jillian needed time to consider his proposal. He must have been in shock. Could it have initially been Reid's idea? Possibly. Was he then set up ? No doubt. Is he free to discuss the details of what happened? Not according to the contract the contestants have to sign. They cannot disclose what really happened. Does that mean that they are all lying or being dishonest? I wouldnt say that at all. I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to spill the truth. But those flapping wings of the ABC lawyers are getting louder and louder.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 08-04-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3636375;
    Wow, that is perfect; however, I don't want Jillian for Reid anymore. He needs to find another true love that will be even sweeter than what he found with Jillian. Jillian blew it and will be kicking herself for years to come!

I saw it as a Reidster's undying love for our cutie LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3636410;
    I guess.

I just think that it can't be any worse for Reid as it was for any of the other guys who were The Bachelor. Let him have some fun. Then again, thanks to Jillian, it seems it all has to end with a proposal or it's not a good ending.
    I think he would do great. I was actually thinking of tweeting him and telling him to talk to Andrew Firestone for advice I don't think Reid even reads his tweets though so I won't.

Closed Thread