Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3635912;
    It could be as simple as them telling him after he called that she wanted a proposal from him, etc. etc.

You have to keep in mind that these folks are not allowed to reveal details in regards to the production details and inner workings of the show. Even if Reid is leaving pieces out of the story, I don't think that's wrong, considering the contract. I highly doubt the guy has an extra $5 million lying around.
    Excellent post. Explains it perfectly, and as I said, we fans may never know the whole truth about any of this season.

I really missed seeing Reid on my tv tonight.
    Any word on the RS scoop..What thread are we suppose to discuss RS, gf gate and stuff like that?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3635840;
    Reid hasn't done anything wrong. He clearly had feelings for Jill and wanted to say them. Unfortunately it sounds like show led him to believe she wanted him there and would accept a proposal which was a lie. He prob didn't even realize as it happened that he'd been tricked. He might have thought Jill just changed her mind at the time. Now it seems he knows better. Show could of course just say Jill told them she would accept and then didn't. It was still good for Reid to say how he truly felt to her so he could have closure.
    This is what I was trying to say in my earlier post. I don't doubt for a second that Reid coming back was sincere on his part. I think he left F3 knowing Jillian was confused about letting him go and his belief (from their conversations and what she told him on the bench) that it was due to his lack of expressing his feelings (more or less). He can read her very well and knew that she was struggling. I have no doubt he wanted to come back and tell her how he feels but I think TPTB then took that and ran with it. I think they saw that as an oppurtinity to spice up the FRC. They were excited for him to come back but they made him do it on their terms (just my opinion). Why else would he show up between F2 and F1 on FRC? He couldn't get there a few hours earlier? I'm sure he would have wanted to talk to her beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB knew how much he wanted to see and talk to her to tell her how he was feeling so they told him that she did want him but was afraid he couldn't commit and might not take him seriously because 2 other guys could be proposing, blah, blah, blah. So, I do think his feelings were geniune but as others have stated, the actual process / story of his return was done by TPTB.

Also, on the go2reality board, Reid's friends have posted there throughout the season. They have pretty much said he was asked to do the Bachelor but was hesitant for a number of reasons (still had feelings for Jill; money; better opportunities, etc.). It could also be that he's realized that while his feelings were real on the show, there's a lot of manipulation and scripting that goes on that contributes and controls the outcome. So, he may be figuring out it's not the best idea for him. But, again, that is totally my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3635912;
    It could be as simple as them telling him after he called that she wanted a proposal from him, etc. etc.

You have to keep in mind that these folks are not allowed to reveal details in regards to the production details and inner workings of the show. Even if Reid is leaving pieces out of the story, I don't think that's wrong, considering the contract. I highly doubt the guy has an extra $5 million lying around.
    If that's the kind of ball they are playing he would be a fool to consider doing TB. Given that he has said he's considering doing TB I have to think they didn't mess with him in any significant way.

Just my 2 cents...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3635846;
    That's bascially what I was trying to say, you just said it better. He could have been misled by the show, which explains part of his shock at rejection and also because Jillian led him to believe she loved it. It was a two punch whammy for Reid..it had to hurt, but, yes, now he knows and hopefully has closure and will love again.
    I think Reid will be just fine. He behaved like a gentleman on the show and got a nice edit and hopefully a good check for his pain. He will definitely find a great woman who will be thrilled to have him. I bet the ladies are beating the door down for him already. And if they did mistreat Reid and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did, I pray he tells them to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3635927;
    If that's the kind of ball they are playing he would be a fool to consider doing TB. Given that he has said he's considering doing TB I have to think they didn't mess with him in any significant way.

Just my 2 cents...
    sdl noted that Reid is not interested in doing it. I consider sdl reliable. If that's accurate, Reid saying he's interested could've been 1. When he was still debating it or 2. Something he was supposed to say to help them keep up the mystery of who will be the next Bachelor.

Didn't Kip say something like he might be interested? On no planet do I believe Kip would want to do this show. So, I think it could be more to do with saying the company line than anything else. Heck, we don't even know if Michael really wanted to be the Bach or not; maybe he just found a great relationship for him at an odd time, or maybe he didn't want to do it that much in the first place. Again, depending on the specifics of the contract, they're all just flat out kind of stuck in some areas. This could be one of them, for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3635946;
    sdl noted that Reid is not interested in doing it. I consider sdl reliable. If that's accurate, Reid saying he's interested could've been 1. When he was still debating it or 2. Something he was supposed to say to help them keep up the mystery of who will be the next Bachelor.

Didn't Kip say something like he might be interested? On no planet do I believe Kip would want to do this show. So, I think it could be more to do with saying the company line than anything else. Heck, we don't even know if Michael really wanted to be the Bach or not; maybe he just found a great relationship for him at an odd time, or maybe he didn't want to do it that much in the first place. Again, depending on the specifics of the contract, they're all just flat out kind of stuck in some areas. This could be one of them, for all we know.
    The thing is, MF says he loves retreads and wants to continue the pattern but it looks like they're out of luck this time unless they offer Reid a ridiculous offer. Kiptyn is obviously not interested, Michael is dating and Jake is a joke. So MF will either need a new face, some twist with like 2 Bach or something or he'll need to do whatever it takes to get Reid.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by soygrande_4lv;3635654;
    halfpintdynamit - where did you get your pic of reid? so cute!
    Hi, there - pm me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

I found this on another board posted by a supposed friend of Reid's.

I am personally friends with him. I definitely do not think he was duped by Jillian. I think maybe she was duped by Ed but only time will tell on that. I dont think that he was shocked that she didnt take him back, I think he was probably more shocked that she picked Ed based on what everyone knew about Ed and what he said to guys in the show about her. I am not sure about the conversation between the two when she sent him home.
    The questions continue...
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3635985;
    I found this on another board posted by a supposed friend of Reid's.

The questions continue...
    I saw that post as well. It's at the site that his friends have posted (where the pics w/ Reid and his niece / nephew came from). They also posted about his offering to do TB and what they believe are his opinions on it, etc.

Closed Thread