Closed Thread
Page 22 of 991 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3536139;
    Yes, I'll PM you.

For what this is worth, Melissa's twitter says that her pick for Jillian is Reid and she has been watching the show. (she was responding to one of her followers)

Note that Melissa and Jillian are good friends and they do talk.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3534621;
    I did notice that several of the Pi's last night from both Reid and Jillian took place when they in Banff...same background as last week, and Jillian and Reid were both wearing clothes from last week's show. This just further supports what we've all said, about how much Reid and Jillian have talked about. It seems no subject is off limits...Reid is honest about his cranky Mom-Mom, Jillian gives 'the needle' a little to the brothers...

Many people seem concerned that Reid and Jillian are too comfortable with each other, not enough spark...

I say...after watching them kiss on the stoop last night, they got the right combo going...that was...hot!

I think they 'cut' from the first kiss, cause it was getting heavy...the view switches to the other side, and the kiss seems a little mellower...hmmmm....

Reid, while maybe uncomfrotable kissing Jill in front of his family, had no problem really kissing her 10 feet from them!!
    I say...it's all good...
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3534880;
    Loved:

- how he brought her coffee
    - he told her "I think you'll really like it here" - ie - you're moving to Philly
    - how well she seemed to fit into his family
    - how she said in her PI that she just wanted to give Reid's mom and hug and tell her she would take care of him
    - how she got along with the cranky grandma, and also seemed to do great with his niece (she was sitting on her lap, and hugging her)
    - how affectionate they were together, and his sister-in-law pointed out how great it was to see him like that with someone
    - how his mom pointed out that Jill would be a great part of their "team" with her design background!
    - I got the sense that Reid was overwhelmed a little, in a good way (seeing how his family loved Jill and she fit in, etc)
    - how he asked her how she felt about the whole thing on the way out, and how happy she looked in that moment, and the great kiss!

Wish they had shown more of their time up the tower (the previews had shown a lot of affection & laughter, but we didn't get to see any of it last night)
    YEAH THIS &
    Quote Originally Posted by seacharm;3535183;
    a little devil's advocate here--don't you think they're playing up the Reid relationship so that when it's down to Reid and Kip it looks like a real competition instead of a slam dunk? I don't think Jillian is into Reid more than a friend and I don't think he's ready to take the plunge.
    Yes I believe this but the opposite...it's a slam dunk for Reid and they are playing up the Kip and Ed relationship to build more drama for the final shows. That is why Jillian told Reid "hang in there" and he had to wait until the last 1-1 date. If he had had that date/chance earlier, Jillian and Reid would have gotten even closer sooner and the drama would not have been able to unfold as it has. Reid and Jillian have talked A LOT about real life things (her blog proves it and so do convos they have including the Christmas presents one) and TPTB have not shown it because it's just too normal (frankly probably boring, lol) and telling of their thinking processes regarding their future. So then they introduce neuroses, flimsiness, quirkiness, commitment issues, etc. to cause doubt...is that all they got? Call me crazy but that is the way I see it. This reminds me very much of Trista and Ryan and so many thinking that Charlie was the one. I knew it was Ryan all along. "Hang in there" everyone, we're in for a wild ride to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by black_tears
    That kiss was...whoa buddy
    I'd say! I would like to use this in my sig...is that ok?
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3536594;
    For what this is worth, Melissa's twitter says that her pick for Jillian is Reid and she has been watching the show. (she was responding to one of her followers)

Note that Melissa and Jillian are good friends and they do talk.
    Notice how now people are talking about Reid. I wonder why. Jillian now mentions him in her blog also.

FORT Newbie

Does anyone else remember when Reid and Jillian were talking once about living arrangements, if things worked out with them, and when Jillian said that she was open to living in the bachelor's hometown that Reid's eyes lit up and he had this big smile! It was like the light went on in his mind that this could work out between them. This was earlier in the season and I think that after that talk is when Reid really started to go full steam ahead!

FORT Fanatic

I was a little surprised to hear Reid be so open about the possibility of moving.
    Personally I think it is unrealistic for him at this time, but I liked that he put it on the table as a negoitable with Jillian. That if they were into each other they would work it out together.

I think they are being realistic, and i like that they have talked about all this stuff. Even if nothing has been decided they obviously communicate pretty well...

I agree with you, Lovemygirls,...I am beginning to think it really has been Reid from the start, but he is so normal ( meaning no constant, over-the-top darama!) that they have had to invent 90% of what we're seeing on the show with the others to keep us 'hooked'. I think she is into Kip too, but he too is 'boring' like Reid, so the 2 of them as F2 just can't 'carry' the show to Fleiss's liking...

I think they are throwing all these 'plot' lines at us to keep us confused and keep the ending a surprise, but I really think it's Reid right now...

A few have pointed it out, but folks should rewatch the RC ceremony...Reid was called first...i think he was excited to see her...remember in real time they had not seen one another for a week or more...that's why he went to hug her before even getting the rose. Yes...Reid is the only one she kisses, and you can tell he doesn't want to go back to the line-up...he's holding her hips, then won't turn away from her, and she's still holding his arm, then hand as he's moving away...I think this was more 'hang in there' reassurance from Jillian...
    Last edited by HardSpun; 07-01-2009 at 09:34 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3536847;
    I was a little surprised to hear Reid be so open about the possibility of moving.
    Personally I think it is unrealistic for him at this time, but I liked that he put it on the table as a negoitable with Jillian. That if they were into each other they would work it out together.

I think they are being realistic, and i like that they have talked about all this stuff. Even if nothing has been decided they obviously communicate pretty well...

I agree with you, Lovemygirls,...I am beginning to think it really has been Reid from the start, but he is so normal ( meaning no constant, over-the-top darama!) that they have had to invent 90% of what we're seeing on the show with the others to keep us 'hooked'. I think she is into Kip too, but he too is 'boring' like Reid, so the 2 of them as F2 just can't 'carry' the show to Fleiss's liking...

I think they are throwing all these 'plot' lines at us to keep us confused and keep the ending a surprise, but I really think it's Reid right now...

A few have pointed it out, but folks should rewatch the RC ceremony...Reid was called first...i think he was excited to see her...remember in real time they had not seen one another for a week or more...that's why he went to hug her before even getting the rose. Yes...Reid is the only one she kisses, and you can tell he doesn't want to go back to the line-up...he's holding her hips, then won't turn away from her, and she's still holding his arm, then hand as he's moving away...I think this was more 'hang in there' reassurance from Jillian...
    I dont think moving is really an issue with any of the remaining guys. Jillian flat out said to Jesse in an earlier episode that if she finds the right one she will definitely move to their city.

I keep thinking back to her blog of the show when she had her 1-on-1 with Reid, how she didn't even talk about the date, but she did sneak in that she really is a little Eskimo (that's her inside joke with Reid), and that she felt refreshed after that episode and she thinks she's onto something!

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3536877;
    I dont think moving is really an issue with any of the remaining guys. Jillian flat out said to Jesse in an earlier episode that if she finds the right one she will definitely move to their city.

BTW, did anyone notice that Jilli mentioned the Philly architecture? this is the only HTD that she used the word "architecture" and what this city has to offer.

the other thing is the condo penthouse. I wonder if this is where Reid lives. Reid has a condo listing where there is a picture of Reid and a girl holding a coffee cup in the mirror...is this them? now that we know Jillian is holding a coffee cup?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3537049;
    BTW, did anyone notice that Jilli mentioned the Philly architecture? this is the only HTD that she used the word "architecture" and what this city has to offer.

the other thing is the condo penthouse. I wonder if this is where Reid lives. Reid has a condo listing where there is a picture of Reid and a girl holding a coffee cup in the mirror...is this them? now that we know Jillian is holding a coffee cup?
    From their talk on the ice bench, he didn't have a house or car. So, I think that he went there w/ Jillian, because of the view of Philly it gave and he's a broker for one of the condos. He also knew how much she likes architecture.

I thought that pic was of them too, but cupcakes pointed out that was posted in March, but it looked like he was posted in June in error by a poster here.

Things are definitely starting to add up!

I went back to read and watch Jillian's first interviews. I wanted to see what she had to say at first blush, when she was still all giddy about her experience.

This short, but sadly unsourced, interview posted by Cupcakes on 5-30 seals the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3475765;
    Short Q&A with Jill:

Q: What's your impression of Canadian guys when it comes to dating?

A: I think from my personal experience and without generalizing too much, Canadian guys play it pretty cool… it’s hard to read them, and know if they are actually into you or if they want to commit.

Q: How attached are you to Canada -- would you be willing to move to another country for the man of your dreams?

A: Sigh, I have to admit, I am one of the biggest fans of Canada I LOVE my country, I love where I was raised (Peace River) I love the people here, and how down to earth and laid back everyone is. Thinking about leaving Canada forever is a scary thought – but I also believe in partnering up with someone and taking little adventure for a few years, to where “Mr. Invisible” lives. I have been to some breathtaking places here in the States and that makes the idea of moving much more appealing... but I'm not going to lie, I am currently scheming on how I will get him (Mr. Invisible) back to home base.

Q: What do you think is the key to a lifelong, successful relationship?

A: Laughter.
    Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Shoot, I see that link comes up as "spoilers". But is an interview over a month old considered a spoiler? I apologize if it is.
    Last edited by mamasue1966; 07-01-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Closed Thread