Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3622689;
    I was told he was picked and has to decide on if he wants to. From the look of his facebook page it appears he may have accepted as his friends are talking about it
    Thanks for the info

Here we go again...come January

Really? Do you know if he's going to do any interviews?

He really seemed more crushed than I thought he would be. Were you surprised?
    I thought so also. He really did look heartbroken and holding back what he really wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3622692;
    Really? Do you know if he's going to do any interviews?

He really seemed more crushed than I thought he would be. Were you surprised?
    I know I'm not lisa, but just throwing in my 2 cents, he seemed so crushed. I was not expecting that at all. I haven't been on here in awhile, and was just wondering what kind of backlash he is getting from last night, if any?

I really felt for him last night and personally cannot believe that that was acting. I hope he lets his emotions settle some before accepting TB.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3622694;
    Not sure. I think he was probably told to look crushed but maybe not.
    If he was acting, then he seriously should get an agent and move to L.A.

I was so hoping to see a happy go lucky thing and it was so emotional and heartbreaking practically.

I guess I need an interview or something of just Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3622690;
    Pretty sure shes correct on this
    Correct about what?

you mean correct in that he's over it now, and just had to act like he was still in love with her?

man if thats true, then he is a damn good actor, b/c he def. made me believe him. generally I don't get too upset about this show, even if they don't pick the one i thought they should. but my heart was breaking for him last night, and I swear there was still something btwn him and jillian... i could feel the sexual tension across my TV screen, lol.

maybe I'm just gullible, and they're that good of actors... but I saw more love between jillian and reid last night, than jillian and ed, lol.

Wow. You could have fooled me!

sunshine08 says you mean correct in that he's over it now, and just had to act like he was still in love with her?
    ============================== ===========
    Yeah right! ROFL! I saw how they were together. It's 2 months not a year! You can still be hurt by 2 months.

but I saw more love between jillian and reid last night, than jillian and ed, lol
    ============================== =======
    Me too!!!!

FORT Regular

I'm not sure what Reid was "coached" to do, but all you had to do was look at his eyes . . . they were filled with pain. He got more airtime than "big hunky Ed", although I will say Ed looked healthier than he did in the series. (He looked like he needed to check into rehab by the end of the series.) But Jillian is delusional . . . now she says she "could have never let Ed go", but she forgets we saw the scene on the bench where she was telling him she was considering just that, and then Ed "closed the deal" with some more BS about how he will never hurt her, and a bunch more salesmanship stuff. And if she was "100 per cent in love with Ed", why is there even a moment's pause when Reid walks out at the FRC? Why not just say, "nice tennis shoes . . . what are you doing here?" Why does she even take a second to have to think about anything? Jillian was back pedaling big time last night, and more power to her to keep "drinking margaritas all day" and then jumping into a pool to pull boulders off the bottom of the pool (did that sound like fun to anyone?) She did Reid a disservice to downplay the connection they had, and he was a gentleman toward her just as he had always been. I suspect she promised alot in the fantasy suite (more of the "trust me" stuff she had told him) and then didn't deliver. No wonder he was upset. Vote at the alphabet's main site (not the Bachelorette site) for Reid to be the next bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3622711;
    I'm not sure what Reid was "coached" to do, but all you had to do was look at his eyes . . . they were filled with pain. He got more airtime than "big hunky Ed", although I will say Ed looked healthier than he did in the series. (He looked like he needed to check into rehab by the end of the series.) But Jillian is delusional . . . now she says she "could have never let Ed go", but she forgets we saw the scene on the bench where she was telling him she was considering just that, and then Ed "closed the deal" with some more BS about how he will never hurt her, and a bunch more salesmanship stuff. And if she was "100 per cent in love with Ed", why is there even a moment's pause when Reid walks out at the FRC? Why not just say, "nice tennis shoes . . . what are you doing here?" Why does she even take a second to have to think about anything? Jillian was back pedaling big time last night, and more power to her to keep "drinking margaritas all day" and then jumping into a pool to pull boulders off the bottom of the pool (did that sound like fun to anyone?) She did Reid a disservice to downplay the connection they had, and he was a gentleman toward her just as he had always been. I suspect she promised alot in the fantasy suite (more of the "trust me" stuff she had told him) and then didn't deliver. No wonder he was upset. Vote at the alphabet's main site (not the Bachelorette site) for Reid to be the next bachelor!
    Thanks for that info.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this.

As for Jillian, I always thought that she talked a bit over the top about how adventurous she is and such. So, I wasn't surprised she thinks those are fun things to do.

The new People (Saved By The Bell reunion cover) has a short Reid inset with their Jillian/Ed story. No new Reid picture, it's just his promo shot. The title says "What About Reid?" It quotes Reid as saying seeing Jillian at ATFR was difficult and brought back some old feelings. I think he's also quoted as saying she had to choose who she liked best or something but I don't remember it as well. The inset also says he's open to being the next Bachelor and that he believes the process can work. I think there's also something where he refers to the insane attention he's been getting from the ladies, also less clear remembering that.

I only skimmed the main J/E article and the only Reid mention there is Jillian saying that the whole time Reid was saying what he had to say she was thinking about how she had to be with Ed. It comes off harsh but I think that's a combo of leaving out other positive things she probably said about Reid and the main thrust of the article being J+E 4EVA. It's negotiated coverage so I expect spin. Seems the show's already moving on seeing as Chris Harrison is claiming Jillian's "all about Ed" pose is spin because she had major feelings for Reid (this isn't in People, I'm talking about his EW blog and his reported comments on the TVG Channel), so it's a question of whose spin you think is more credible. I'm going with neither

Can't Reid be a little hurt and confused and also over it all at once? I do think that if he's doing The Bachelor it's because he's looking for closure on a story he doesn't think is finished - like him being on the B'ette will have more meaning if through the Bachelor he's been able to apply the lessons he's learned. I think he might feel mistreated some but also be looking forward and maybe he's not above playing up the former a little. I also think in his day to day life he really is over it and looking forward to the next chapter but maybe being in that setting with those people dredged up some raw feelings.

I don't think everything's black and white in terms of real versus fake. It's easy to believe Reid's playing the game some here, I just hope he'll be able to keep some distance from the process so he doesn't get lost in it.

Closed Thread