Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Regular

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

I love the little blue pill comment!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette1665;3622296;
    Has it been discussed...the missing SC of Reid going to the FRC? (In a brown suit and black shoes with the side buckle).Than, last night we see him show up in gym shoes and some other outfit????? Screams reshoot to me. TPTB trying to make it appear that Reid came directly from the airport??? Please give us some credit Fleiss. We know this show is scripted!
    Someone said earlier that that was CH's shoes and they altered his suit color for the clip. When I first saw the shoe and the walk, I said, "That's CH." I never thought it was Reid, or even Ed coming to make a confession.

FORT Fanatic

Someone has started a thread on the HGTV site to try to get Reid his own show...

You have to register to get on the messages boards, then go to Feedback Center, then Rate My Space forum, then look for the thread by Gin1997 for Reid...Help save him from being the TB!

If someone knows how to legally post a link, please do so...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3622109;
    Okay, how many times did Chris and Reid have to say something regarding the fact that Reid went back to Philly and then actually came back to Hawaii. I feel like they just stressed that too much for it to actually be true.

Also, I was heartbroken for Reid. I was expecting him to kind of be moving on a bit. Maybe I took what Lisamill was saying too literally that he was doing great. I kind of feel that Reid was letting Jillian know that he still loved her in case she was regretting her decision.

I don't like Ed, but Jillian did seem very happy.

P.S. I did think Reid's choice of wardrobe was a little goofy at the FRC, but I love him no matter what!
    Don't feel so bad for Reid. He had to pretend he was still in love with Jillian because that's what he's coach to do by the producers. It happens every season. With Deanna, Jason and Jeremy acted wounded too. I'm sure he was hurt back in May when they filmed the finale, but I'm sure he's over it by now as per several people who know him. If he's been groomed to be the next bachelor they want to gather as much sympathy for him as possible so that everyone feels happy for him when the announcement is made.

Personally, they don't need to convince me of anything, I LOVE this guy and I'm so ready to see him as the next bachelor and hopefully find that one girl who's perfect for him.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3621520;
    I put together a couple of 'just Reid' collages...here are the links...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/B-5/RR16.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/B-5/RR18.jpg

Enjoy!
    After looking at these it confirms to me that he has GOT to be TB. I'm so selfish. Thanks Hardspun!

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Originally Posted by HardSpun
    I put together a couple of 'just Reid' collages...here are the links...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/B-5/RR16.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/B-5/RR18.jpg

Enjoy!
    Awesome work HardSpun!
    They are fabulous.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3622474;
    Don't feel so bad for Reid. He had to pretend he was still in love with Jillian because that's what he's coach to do by the producers. It happens every season. With Deanna, Jason and Jeremy acted wounded too. I'm sure he was hurt back in May when they filmed the finale, but I'm sure he's over it by now as per several people who know him. If he's been groomed to be the next bachelor they want to gather as much sympathy for him as possible so that everyone feels happy for him when the announcement is made.

Personally, they don't need to convince me of anything, I LOVE this guy and I'm so ready to see him as the next bachelor and hopefully find that one girl who's perfect for him.
    I just don't believe these "off-the-street" everyday people are that good at acting. No Way. Occasionally, it seemed like Jillian, and a few others were acting, (and it was bad acting), but Reid was definitely not acting (nor was Kip). Reid really was heartbroken.

About Reid's FS question, in Spain, Jill told Reid to trust her when she said that he couldn't spend the night in the FS with her. Then Reid asked her about the other guys, and Jill told him that those guys wouldn't spend the night with her either. Reid and Kip spent time with her in the FS, but Ed spent the night. Jillian lied to Reid. Maybe that was what he wanted to ask her. If someone lied to me like that, I'd like to know why.

Chris thought what Reid did was gutsy and bold.

His statments also said to me how manipulative this show is.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3622598;
    Chris thought what Reid did was gutsy and bold.

His statments also said to me how manipulative this show is.
    ITA, with this and the statement about how ordinary people are not the best actors. Reid should get an award if he was acting, cause he sure convinced me that he was really hurt, and trying to figure Jillian out. I believe he was led on by tptb, and Jillian. She was acting so "two ways" about Reid during the AFTR, I would've been confused too, if I were him.
    If perhaps Jillian was trying to be nice and treat him gently, then she just gave him the wrong signals, IMO.
    I think Reid was truthful in all that he did, and he was respectful to Jillian, as hurt as he was. I think he may have been hoping that Jillian would break up with Ed soon, and would turn back to him.
    I hope he doesn't want to be the bachelor, I just hope after he heals he finds a really nice woman, he so deserves.

More than anything other than being heartbroken, Reid seemed confused. I think that stems from the fact that he 1) didn't know much about the show before going on it, and 2) he bought into it 100%.

Jillian and Ed, while probably really in love, seem to understand the *wink, wink* nature of the show. *Wink, wink* as in 'Yes, I know it's probably impossible to find true and lasting love on a TV show, but I'm going along with the illusion anyway.'

Reid, on the other hand, appeared to eventually put his all into it (albeit slowly), and can't understand why love didn't win out. He hadn't yet seen the later episodes when he went back to Hawaii to propose and I think it was a shock to him, when he did see them, to see Jillian saying the same things to the other guys that she said to him. (Not a knock on Jillian, just the nature of the show.) I think he believed she meant what she said about their relationship being "special" and didn't think (or let himself think) she was saying the same sorts of things to the other guys. Jillian was playing the part of someone who could actually be in love with 3 people at one time; Reid actually fell in love.

I think the same is true with Kip, although it doesn't seem like he bought into it quite like Reid did. (Not sure why I say that, it just seems like he'll get over her easier and faster.) But he's probably confused, too. Jillian begs and cajoles 'love me, want me, worship me,' and Kip, nice guy that he is, finally complies, only to have her tell him she loves someone else (with the implication whirling around that she knew she loved "someone else" for quite some time before the finale.)

This show sucks but sucks slightly less if you know what you're getting into. If you don't, I imagine it can be a pretty difficult "journey."

Closed Thread