Closed Thread

Thread: Reid - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

First time poster! Okay, I've been lurking and "reiding" all your posts for a couple of weeks now. I've actually become quite addicted to this site. Many of you have seconded my thoughts and feelings about Reid. I too was heartbroken after his goodbye last week (I actually cried while watching it), but I just knew Reid had to come back and be the one in the end. It would fulfill his story line, edit and Jillian and Reid's undeniable chemistry. Now that they have confirmed his return, it keeps the hope alive, but part of me is scared he may still be rejected. I'm usually quite excellent at predicting the Bachelor and Bachelorette results, but I am not so confident with this one because I feel like the producers are messing with us. Also, I don't think I've ever cared this much before.

Even though I 100% feel Reid should be the one Jillian picks based on what we've seen, I am fearful that my love for Reid may be clouding my judgement. So I'm forcing myself to look at this differently. You see, I have to remember that I used to like Ed. I was actually a little sad when he was "leaving", but I knew that he was going to come back...it was so clear when he told her that he wasn't going to give Jill the rose back and was going to hold onto it. I thought, okay this is cheesy, but Ed is obviously coming back and that old rose will somehow come into play later in the show. (ie: he gives it to her at the proposal). So the Monday night I watched Ed leave on his own terms I started thinking they were building this happily ever after story for Jillian and Ed. I thought he was the one, no longer Kiptyn. But while Ed was gone, I grew even more in love with Reid. Then when Ed came back, it felt different. He didn't seem as genuine to me and I felt like his edit changed and they even started styling him differently. He didn't look as good to me anymore and I lost my connection that I had once had for Jillian and Ed. But were these feelings clouded by my Reid love and he was really still just the good old Ed?

My gut tells me that the show would not want the viewers upset with another finale, so why would they edit Ed in a negative light if they knew he was F1? But then I guess my view of his edit is subjective because I've seen a lot of Ed fans out there who enjoy his edit. Basically, I am trying to figure out how the show is going to $%#! with our emotions. Will the Reid lovers lose out, or will the Ed lovers? Or, is this whole Ed/Reid drama done to take Kiptyn out of the spotlight so that people won't suspect him? Personally, I don't see Kiptyn being F1. I just don't feel it at all even though he was my first favorite until his awkward kisses lost me. Anyway, so let's say I go with my gut and heart and say Reid is F1....how can that logically happen? How would the FRC play out and would ATFR have anything to do with her final decision - would it be the ending of the "cliffhanger"? The latest SC's make me feel as if Reid's comeback wouldn't work out, but maybe all the Reid love online caused them to edit the promo for the finale differently. Or is it just to keep us hoping and ultimately be disappointed? As you can probably tell from this post, I am super confused. I know what I want to happen, but I am preparing myself for a let down next week and trying to remind myself of reasons why I should like Ed again. How do all of you feel? Do you think Reid being F1 can actually happen? Do you think the edit of Ed on MTA showed him in a more "real" light to make us like him more? (i thought the "happy drunk" scene was pretty funny). Oh and what's up with the Reid goodbye? The smile Jillian and Reid gave each other before he gets into the limo - it certainly did sound like she told him to call her and that he said he'd give her a call. I know that's old news, but was that ever confirmed? My gut is still saying Reid, but I'm so fearful I may be let down.

Sorry for the novela...had a lot of thoughts and concerns bottled up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3597670;
    No, it's definitely on Tuesday.

If it were a week later, my husbs would throw the television set out the window.
    Whew on Tuesday! And ROFL your poor husband!!!

Hi newbie - great post!

Not sure I can be much help - I'm struggling with the same questions as you. I just keep going back to the strange feeling I had after the F3 goodbye - but, like you, don't know if what I thought I saw is just a figment of my imagination....

I'd really like to take up a collection for a Squealers' Fund, to try to entice some attendee of Friday's ATFR taping to "share" what she hears. I need to be prepared for Monday.... :-/

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by _dreamer23_;3595818;
    I wanna make another one! haha I'm behind this year but Reid really caught my eye so I wanna make up for not making more Reid/Jillian videos!

Does anyone have any good ideas for songs??

I'll definitely look at that one and see if it's good!
    The song from Music and Lyrics "find my way back into love", great song.

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3597752;
    Hi newbie - great post!

Not sure I can be much help - I'm struggling with the same questions as you. I just keep going back to the strange feeling I had after the F3 goodbye - but, like you, don't know if what I thought I saw is just a figment of my imagination....

I'd really like to take up a collection for a Squealers' Fund, to try to entice some attendee of Friday's ATFR taping to "share" what she hears. I need to be prepared for Monday.... :-/
    And my HUSBAND needs to be prepared for Monday... there have been many bagels to the head since Sevilla!
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3598358;
    And my HUSBAND needs to be prepared for Monday... there have been many bagels to the head since Sevilla!
    What do you mean by Sevilla?

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3598378;
    What do you mean by Sevilla?
    Reid's date in Sevilla, Spain
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3598343;
    The song from Music and Lyrics "find my way back into love", great song.
    This one WOULD be good!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3597752;
    Hi newbie - great post!

Thanks, alsoaktchr! I'll make a donation to that Squealers' Fund! haha Do you think we'll know the outcome Monday, or on Tuesday's AFTFR?

Also, what does everyone on here think of the caliber and style of ring Reid is holding v. what Kip and Ed are holding? Do you think that means Reid is holding a promise ring? Or is that ring purposefully chosen to not look as amazing as the others?

I'm in socal, so I'll be watching Jillian on Jimmy soon. Hopefully she'll give some additional clues. Although, I don't know how much value I should put on what she or Chris says because I know they are bound by ABC. They can say whatever Fleiss wants them to say... even if it misleads us.

Some more Reidiculous avatars (and one of Ed's dad just because):

I didn't add words to the hula dancing one because... well, there just ARE no words for that. Enjoy!
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Closed Thread