Closed Thread
Page 1 of 210 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

From the ABC website:

BACHELOR FAN FAVORITE JILLIAN HARRIS GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE WHEN SHE BECOMES THE BACHELORETTE, PREMIERING MAY 18 ON ABC

Jillian Harris, the intelligent, independent, passionate woman who fell just short of her goal -- hoping that Jason Mesnick could be her best friend, soul mate and future husband on the just completed hit season of The Bachelor -- will have her own opportunity to find true love, starring in the fifth edition of The Bachelorette, which will premiere MONDAY, MAY 18 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

An instant fan favorite on the last edition of The Bachelor, Jillian, 29, a restaurant interior designer who currently resides in Vancouver, British Columbia, came oh-so-close to being the woman Jason selected. She scored points with him the first night she met him. Finding a creative new way to "grill" a guy, Jillian disclosed her unusual theory about discovering a lot about a man from the condiments he puts on his hot dog, and she immediately put Jason to the test. Her adventurous spirit and resourceful, resilient manner of handling a stressful family situation impressed Jason, who fit in with her wonderful and warm family. He invited her to New Zealand as one of the final three women, but even after she and Jason shared one of the steamiest hot tubs in Bachelor history, he still questioned whether their chemistry would last over time and sent her home.

Enthusiastic about her work and life in general, Jillian is ready to find her best friend and settle down and is confident that she can find the love of her life on The Bachelorette. Jillian is an only child and is excited at the thought of starting her own family.

Jillian, a native of Peace River, Alberta, Canada, graduated from British Columbia Institute of Technology with a degree in interior design. In her spare time she volunteers in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program as a school tutor and mentor.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelorette is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

If you visit the ABC Bachelorette page, make sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom. There's a stunning picture of Jillian.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Hollywood Radio and Television Society luncheon on April 22, 2009

Jeff Probst, Allison Grodner, Mike Fleiss, Tyra Banks, Arthur Smith, Michael Davies and Mark Burnett.

HRTS Luncheon Panel: Reality Needs New ‘Alternatives’ - 2009-04-23 00:16:56 | Broadcasting & Cable

HRTS Luncheon Panel: Reality Needs New Alternatives

Genres future depends on fresh concepts, better communication among producers, networks and advertisers

By Stephanie Robbins -- Broadcasting & Cable, 4/22/2009 6:16:56 PM MT

Reality TV is all grown up. But if the genre that got its start by being the alternative is going to keep playing with the big kids, producers and executives need to find whats different all over again.

Thats according to a panel of top reality producers gathered Wednesday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel for The Hollywood Radio and Television Societys Broadcasting Reality Newsmaker Luncheon. Survivor host Jeff Probst moderated.

While reality, with its cost-effectiveness and natural advertising opportunities, stands to weather the economic storms as well as any form of entertainment content, shows in the maturing genre have started to look the same, which eats at all their success, the producers say.

Whats changed is that the viewer is more discerning, says panelist Arthur Smith, founder of A. Smith & Co. Productions and executive producer on Hells Kitchen. You need to keep it fresh and take chances.

The next hit is going to come from people taking risks, Smith adds.

Who Wants to Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies, who is also president of Embassy Row, says that even in this economic climate, the challenge these days really is not the budget but rather trying to come up with next big thing: Were challenged creatively to try and see where reality is going next.

Im looking for something that gets attention and thats different, Allison Grodner, president of Allison Grodner Productions and Big Brother executive producer said at the luncheon.

Good producers take a lot of shots, says Mike Fleiss, Next Entertainment founder and executive producer of The Bachelor. You have to try a lot harder.

Tyra Banks, executive producer of Americas Next Top Model and founder of Bankable Productions, says closer working relationships with producers also is key as it can make product integration more seamless for the audience. I beg advertisers to really listen to the executive producers, Banks says. A lot of them [advertisers] fail to see how savvy the viewer is.

Producers are trying to be creative about how to integrate, Smith says. Its not just a network thing. Were thinking on behalf of the advertisers too.

Clarity of concept and communication about it among all parties involved is vital to realitys future, especially given the proliferation of ad integration in non-fiction, according to Mark Burnett, president of MBP and creator of Survivor. Often the creative executives tell the ad executives what they think the show is about and its pitched with third-hand information, Burnett says, stressing the importance of series creators being in those meeting with advertisers so that everyone gets a clear picture.

The panel all agreed that the next hit is out there, and its just a matter of time before it emerges.

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;3428590;
    Hollywood Radio and Television Society luncheon on April 22, 2009
    Kendra-thanks for the dart board photo of Fleece!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Wow, that is one unattractive man

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3430310;
    Kendra-thanks for the dart board photo of Fleece!
    Yeah, that's a great pic for that!

Crossing my fingers for a long commercial for the Bachelorette tomorrow!

I recall how Jason had a long one after Sleepless In Seattle that was on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3430535;
    Wow, that is one unattractive man
    That was exactly what I was thinking
    Why can't love be simple?
    Because it's the Bachelor(ette)

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Watch Saturdays for the full commercial. I'm almost 100% certain that Sleepless in Seattle was on the Saturday before the start of Jason's season. (How pathetic is it that I remember this!). Tomorrow night is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Somehow, I don't think there's as much of a tie-in with the movie as w/ Jason and SinS. Unless Jilly is a sorceress and the Fantasy Dates are *real* fantasies! . So maybe Saturday the 16th? Schedules aren't posted yet at ABC or on tvguide. OK, now I really need to go back to work....

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3431333;
    Watch Saturdays for the full commercial. I'm almost 100% certain that Sleepless in Seattle was on the Saturday before the start of Jason's season. (How pathetic is it that I remember this!). Tomorrow night is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Somehow, I don't think there's as much of a tie-in with the movie as w/ Jason and SinS. Unless Jilly is a sorceress and the Fantasy Dates are *real* fantasies! . So maybe Saturday the 16th? Schedules aren't posted yet at ABC or on tvguide. OK, now I really need to go back to work....
    The 16th?! It starts on the 18th. I'm hoping it is not until then.

Perhaps we will at least get a 30 sec commercial.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3431377;
    The 16th?! It starts on the 18th. I'm hoping it is not until then.

Perhaps we will at least get a 30 sec commercial.
    Hope to get *something* this weekend, Atem! But the long commercial for Jason aired two days before the premiere. Hold on, keep breathin', keep sleuthin', keep boardin'....

Closed Thread