Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3625696;
    That is AWESOME I LOVE Graham
    I must agree....he would actually be my vote #1 for bachelor if I was in the recycling mood....which I am not...but just in case...yum!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3626012;
    You know..I am sure that Ed and Jillian talked about the "gf" issue..and settled it. It's between them for sure, and if RS is rude and mean enough to post it somewhere public, this is very cruel..Frankly, it's none of anyone's business.

Hey...many of us had bfriends then we met our future husbands..You dump the boyfriend and start dating your future
    dh. That's life..

Ed is no fool..and I believe he had to go to work because he said so. When you have a very important job, they expect you to be there. Funny thing about that.

I truly wish them the best..honestly..and all of us should, too.
    To me common sense dictates that Ed is savvy enough to clue Jillian in on whatever truth and supporting evidence the media may have. Goodness knows, it is not like this is going to be breaking news. There has certainly been plenty of time for a "Heads up!" to any extent warranted.

To me, the interesting thing will be to see if Ed takes Jillian into the Blue Frog where the gang, ostensibly including the girlfriend and "the friends", hang out. That should be an interesting dynamic in what is a too twisted tale for me to understand. Perhaps if it doesn't tell the tale, it will bring some clarity to it?

Is this still the media thread? CH has an interview at tv guide where he says that he thinks J and E are going to make it. They are old souls and meant to be. He says he doesn't understand why more poeple didn't like Ed, maybe he was too goofy. Thinks they are a sweet couple but doesn't understand the green mankini Goes on about Reid being Chandler and seems to be wanting him to be the bachelor. Anyway great interview, here'e the address:

Bachelorette's Chris Harrison on Mankinis, New Hosting Gig - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Here in the middle of it katincanada's Avatar

I am up for a Survivor Canada as well. Up here in Northern Alberta at -41 with the wind chill....I have lots of experience for that with my job...sign me up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3625978;
    We won't even mention the Hollywood couples that are shams, PR machine driven couplings to hide the homosexuality of one or both, and trust me you might be very shocked who some of them are. Been going on since the days of Rock Hudson.
    Do tell?

I have heard Reese and Jake are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3625981;
    I know people have been using this as proof that Jill was never interested in Reid, but I would like to use an analogy to show a different perspective on this. What if you have 2 job offers, and the one you think you prefer will not offer you the salary you desire, while the other one does. You choose to take the higher offer and turn the other one down, and begin to make preparations to start this job, preparing for a move and whatnot, making an emotional investment in this new direction, getting very comfortable and excited about your decision and future. On the morning you are to begin employment, the declined job comes back at you with an offer of the desired salary; would you immediately change your mind when you had already committed to the other oppty? I know Jill hadn't yet told Ed yes, but in her mind she had committed to him, and switching gears at that point would have been an incredibly huge risk and taken mega guts for anyone to do. It wasn't a question of her heart just being torn, it would have required her to have had overwhelming feelings for Reid and minimal ones for Ed for her to feel comfortable backtracking at that point, which was not the case, as she had feelings for both.
    I think matters of the heart do not work like the example you gave of the two job offers. Things that involve romance are on a realm of their own.

Regardless, the example you provided isnít wholly accurate because although she had reasons to believe Ed loves her and will propose, she had no guarantees heíd do anything that day Ė she was only going on hope and faith that things would turn out that way. She had a 100% guarantee from Reid when he showed up bearing a ring and got down on his knee. She made her decision to reject Reidís offer, not knowing Ed will follow through. The example you provided has her choosing two guaranteed offers at the end, whereas in Jillianís case, she only had one guaranteed offer at the point of Reidís return. Thatís why when she rejected Reid, she said Ed better not effing disappoint her. She took the leap of faith and followed her heart for Ed.
    Flight for two on JedAir.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3625981;
    I know people have been using this as proof that Jill was never interested in Reid, but I would like to use an analogy to show a different perspective on this. What if you have 2 job offers, and the one you think you prefer will not offer you the salary you desire, while the other one does. You choose to take the higher offer and turn the other one down, and begin to make preparations to start this job, preparing for a move and whatnot, making an emotional investment in this new direction, getting very comfortable and excited about your decision and future. On the morning you are to begin employment, the declined job comes back at you with an offer of the desired salary; would you immediately change your mind when you had already committed to the other oppty? I know Jill hadn't yet told Ed yes, but in her mind she had committed to him, and switching gears at that point would have been an incredibly huge risk and taken mega guts for anyone to do. It wasn't a question of her heart just being torn, it would have required her to have had overwhelming feelings for Reid and minimal ones for Ed for her to feel comfortable backtracking at that point, which was not the case, as she had feelings for both.
    Great post - I so appreciate your level headedness and ability to see all perspectives!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3626048;
    My impression is something is going to come out in mainstream media via an entertainment show or weekly magazine. My guess is they have emails. I think RS and Jeremy are trying to get the word out but so far it hasn't hit mainstream media. If it doesn't people on in the viewing public will never know and that's really the big audience of the show. The board are a small but vocal group.
    I am in no way advocating this but I have said all along if one was set on an expose or whatever you want to call it - doing it after his PR prance of this week will get the most bang for the buck with the trades, internet blogs and entertainment folks. This timing creates the biggest scandal. He's been on TV shows outside the realm of TB now and his name is all over Google. The trades have the ABC Medianet pics of the happy couple to "mock".

I find the timing interesting because yesterday was the first time that he openly denied having a GF and the story was in a Chicago-based newspaper. If true, maybe he just pushed his luck too far.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3626118;
    I find the timing interesting because yesterday was the first time that he openly denied having a GF and the story was in a Chicago-based newspaper. If true, maybe he just pushed his luck too far.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ed only denied that the reason he left the show was to take care of a girlfriend rather than work. I actually found it interesting that he didn't deny the girlfriend issue, just said that his employer will back him up that he had a work issue.

Edit: I found the quote
    Q: Ed, according to bloggers, people say you left the show to come back to Chicago to end a relationship with a girlfriend, not to save your job. Is that true?

A Swiderski: It's absolutely false. If you ask my boss, you'd definitely get the same response. My career was the No. 1 priority for me, and it had absolutely nothing to do with a girlfriend or anything of that nature.
    The question and answer were about his leaving the show so technically Ed didn't deny having a gf. All he said is that ending a relationship with a gf is not the reason he left the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3626112;
    I think matters of the heart do not work like the example you gave of the two job offers. Things that involve romance are on a realm of their own.

Regardless, the example you provided isnít wholly accurate because although she had reasons to believe Ed loves her and will propose, she had no guarantees heíd do anything that day Ė she was only going on hope and faith that things would turn out that way. She had a 100% guarantee from Reid when he showed up bearing a ring and got down on his knee. She made her decision to reject Reidís offer, not knowing Ed will follow through. The example you provided has her choosing two guaranteed offers at the end, whereas in Jillianís case, she only had one guaranteed offer at the point of Reidís return. Thatís why when she rejected Reid, she said Ed better not effing disappoint her. She took the leap of faith and followed her heart for Ed.
    Ed told her in his video message he wanted to propose to her, he asked her father for permission, I think he may have mentioned proposing as well on their LCD. I suppose he could have woken up that morning and had a change of heart (call from the girlfriend?), but I think Jill knew the chances were pretty good she was getting a proposal, regardless of what she said.

Closed Thread