Closed Thread
Page 92 of 210 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3625644;
    There have been minority candidates on many past seasons - even this season we had Juan. My question, and one that is usually raised when this topic comes up, is do you know for a fact that there have been minority candidates that have applied? You just assume there haven't been or that race was the only reason those candidates were denied when they did apply.
    You are absolutely correct I do not know that and maybe the reason is some people are just smart enough to see you have to be slightly crazy to apply to this show. Of course you might not bother to apply if it looks pretty clear you don't stand a chance. ETA I apologize fiveboys, I wasn't thinking in terms of the audience demographic. That does put a different spin on it. I assumed that this show had the same demographics as the other dating reality shows, who all have mixed race casts and all the other reality shows but I recognized I could be very wrong. The question is would you expand your audience if you expanded the colour palette or do you lose a lot of your core audience. Be interesting to find out if they've tested this premise at all.

I figure the forumula for success seems to be if the cast is primarily young, hot, funny and fun, there are bathing suits and hottubs and exotic locales and there is drama people will tune in.

Of course I am still holding out for Survivor Canada - Arctic edition. They announced it would happen several years ago and I think they nixed it because parka clad does not trump scantily clad.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3625584;
    Well Barack Obama had a good fan/rating base audience until recently but hey that's politics.

Is the implication that except on VH1 and MTV, America couldn't handle a truly mixed race dating show or a black or Hispanic or Asian bachelor or bachelorette? That's sad.

In fact come to think of it every other single reality show has mixed race casts except the Bachelor. Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor and on and on and on.

Oh wait isn't ABC owned by Disney.
    imo what's more sad is the stereotypes that vh1 (i can't speak for mtv, i've never watched) exploits in their shows and the quality of the casts that they select. i think that the shows they produce set minorities back, they don't move them forward.

which is not to say that tb/tbette shouldn't have more minority contestants or even a minority lead. i'm merely of the opinion that vh1 hasn't exactly made great strides in race relations
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fan

Graham Bunn from De's season twittered on RS's page something about "Gotta love good scoop" or something and is looking forward to hearing it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3625644;
    There have been minority candidates on many past seasons - even this season we had Juan.
    LOL isn't Juan currently living in California? There, he's probably the majority.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3625436;
    GF rumors ... what are these rumors anyway?

Go back and read Blue Frog's early posts about how Ed was only into a "spin off" show, how Ed found Jillian unattractive, that Ed only did the show to promote his company.

(Ed's company?)

Blue Frog didn't make that stuff up ... she didn't know Ed very well, so she got that from someone else and my best guess is her friend Lindsey ... the alleged Ed GF that has so many on this board spun up as having been horribly mistreated by Ed.

Problem with the rumors is, they only made sense IF Ed was not serious about Jillian. Well, guess what ... he is.

Reasonably speaking, I think Ed did date Lindsey and other girls before his time on the show. However, I think we should also be suspicious about the rumored details of what happened in April. This Lindsey person might have a sweet side to her but it appears she is also a shew.

Insofar that Ed dating before he went on the show. I think all the men dated, because they were single and that is what single men do, or should do. However, since when has dating equated to a committed relationship?
    I think Ed did have a g/f when he first started this experiment and he began to have feelings for Jillian which is why he had to go home to either break up with the g/f or stay there and make that relationship work...I think he and Jillian talked about this and I think she knew why he left....however...she also knew that when he showed back up that he had chosen her over anyone at home...Which is why she was all about Ed for so long...he chose her first and now she chose him.........I hope they are happy

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3625676;
    Graham Bunn from De's season twittered on RS's page something about "Gotta love good scoop" or something and is looking forward to hearing it.
    That is AWESOME I LOVE Graham
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife;3625685;
    LOL isn't Juan currently living in California? There, he's probably the majority.
    This comment makes no sense. Barack Obama lived in Chicago - does that make him any less of a minority? What are they supposed to do - cast in Africa, Asia and South America????

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3625696;
    That is AWESOME I LOVE Graham
    YES!!! Graham FTW!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jackie1bwd;3625691;
    I think Ed did have a g/f when he first started this experiment and he began to have feelings for Jillian which is why he had to go home to either break up with the g/f or stay there and make that relationship work...I think he and Jillian talked about this and I think she knew why he left....however...she also knew that when he showed back up that he had chosen her over anyone at home...Which is why she was all about Ed for so long...he chose her first and now she chose him.........I hope they are happy
    Jillian has gone on record in the media (post-production) saying that she didn't believe ANY of the guys had girlfriends.

Personally, I think Jillian has heard the rumors and doesn't believe them. Ed is denying them in the media. He is probably denying them to Jillian too.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3625639;
    I think it would be awesome if they had someone of different nationality I would totally support it!
    I keep pulling for a "disabled" Bachelor, like an Iraqi vet with an artificial leg. There are some gorgeous vets out there who came back wounded.

Closed Thread