Closed Thread
Page 8 of 210 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Simon Ambrose coaches an under-12 boys' "premier league" soccer team in Columbia, MD, which is halfway between Baltimore and Washington. If that's his only means of support, if Jillian chooses him, hot dogs are likely to be her diet staple. could be he also coaches at a school, I suppose.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

'Bachelorette': men don't buy condiment theory
    By Andrea Baillie, THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO - Jillian Harris, the Canadian star of "The Bachelorette," says her "hotdog" theory of dating just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

When she appeared on last season's edition of ABC's "The Bachelor," Harris boasted she could tell a lot about potential suitors by their condiment preference.

But ahead of Monday's premiere of "The Bachelorette" (also on Citytv), Harris admits her saucy strategy is no longer much help.

"These guys give me a run for my money and they're not buying the whole hotdog thing," she told reporters during a recent conference call. "So I tried, I've tried to play the hotdog thing on them but they're not buying it."

Harris revealed her hotdog hypothesis during the last season of "The Bachelor," in which she finished third in the quest to capture the heart of singleton Jason Mesnick.

Sauerkraut lovers, she surmised, are the bad boys all women think they want, while onion eaters will never walk down the aisle.

Ketchup fans, she claimed, are all-American guys but don't take a lot of risks. And mustard men, she maintained, are blue-chip marriage material.

On "The Bachelorette," Harris will be the one handing out the roses as she chooses between 30 potential paramours, including an Olympic cyclist, a breakdance instructor, a pizza entrepreneur, a commercial pilot and a wine maker.

Harris (who says she enjoys mustard and sauerkraut on her own dogs) doesn't seem bothered by the fact that there's nary a Canadian in the pack.

"You know people are people, and they are really not that much different than Canadians," said the 30-year-old interior designer.

"I can say that they are more forward, but maybe I'm just seeing a more forward side of them because of the position that they're in."

Harris is fiercely proud of her roots, professing to be "teary-eyed" as she recalled her girlhood in Peace River, Alta.

"I loved growing up there," she said. "I could stay out running around the woods till 7 or 8 at night and come home, and nobody would be worried about me. I came from a town where my auntie lived right across the street and I could run down and say hi to her and have a coffee."

"It's a great, great little town and most of my friends and family still live there. And I wish I was a lot closer, that's for sure."

As a "short, little quirky Canadian," Harris says she doesn't think she fits the mould of "The Bachelorette" and was surprised she was promoted from contestant to top billing.

"I think I'm just quirky because, I mean, when it comes to sex appeal, I don't know how much I have," says Harris, who stands five foot two.

"I love to make people laugh. ... I love to speak what's on my mind, I love to find humour in everything. ... I'm not afraid to look silly and to make fun of myself in order to make somebody else laugh."

The last season of "The Bachelor" made headlines after Mesnick proposed to the bachelorette of his choice, Melissa Rycroft, in the finale, only to dump her for the runner-up in a special that was taped six weeks later.

Harris is coy on whether Cupid strikes this time around. The show was still in production during the conference call and she was only allowed to reveal that she was "somewhere in Hawaii."

"They're all very different," she said. "And they all make me feel differently, but I can tell you that they are wonderful guys, and I think I've made some really, really great choices."
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Chris's Blog is up at EW.com

TV Ratings for The Bachelorette 5

Premiere episode:
    8.94 million viewers and 3.0/8 in adults 18-49.
    Fast affiliate average of half-hours

Comparison to The Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) Premiere:
    9.69 million viewers and 3.1/8 in adults.

A fair debut for Jillian. Next week there will be less competition as competitors will be in rerun. Typically the group dating episodes are lower rated than the later episodes. How firm the ratings will be is yet to be seen.

The summer season of B/ette 5 is beating Jasson's B13 winter season. But that season started slow and picked up speed late. The Bachelorette dropped almost half of the viewers of it's lead-in Dancing With The Stars. B13 had no lead-in.

What Fleiss & Co. have planned to stir up interest, hasn't been revealed.

Comparison to The Bachelorette 3 (Schefft) Premiere:
    9.18 million viewers.
    (And that one went downhill pretty fast.)

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) Premiere:
    8.74 million viewers and 3.1/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) Premiere:
    8.96 million viewers and 3.3/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) Premiere:
    9.57 million viewers and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) Premiere:
    10.11 million viewers and 3.9/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 (Lorenzo) Premiere:
    8.95 million viewers and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.

Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Not really good. I hope they don't cut the hours to 1 though!

eta

Hey, it did better than Jason's?

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band twittered about Jillian! Too funny NGDB twitter.

Jillian has a short interview with people.com. She's doing some sort of photo shoot as well.

seenon.com gives some ideas on where you get get a similar dress Jillian wore in the premiere episode.

Episode 2:
    6.01 million viewers and 2.1/6 in adults 18-49.

There was no competition. Ratings still fell almost three million viewers. While that sounds bad, it was a holiday night, and MeAnna's episode 2 fell by over four million viewers. So Jillian is now doing almost a half million viewers better than MeAnna at this point. And the Fleissian fireworks haven't even started yet.

Last week, The Bachelorette 5 lost viewers each half-hour of the two-hour show. This week, it gained viewers each half-hour of it's two-hour show. I think that speaks well of Jillian. I attribute last week's drop off to the DWTS effect. Not a lot of audience compatibility.

While the 2.1 demo rating is nothing special, it was enough for #1 in two of the half-hours in it's time period, #2 in the others.

Lead out show Here Come The Newlyweds lost one and a half million viewers from The Bachelorette's last half-hour.

Comparison to Premiere episode:

Comparison to Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) episode 2:
    5.54 million viewers and 2.0/5 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) episode 2:
    9.06 million viewers and 3.2/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) episode 2:
    8.0 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) episode 2:
    9.58 million viewers and 3.6/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) episode 2:
    9.23 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 (Lorenzo) episode 2:
    7.98 million viewers and 3.1/7 in adults 18-49.

The Bachelor returns January 4, 2010. It's scheduled for two-hours on Mondays starting at 8 p.m. Eastern. The finale should be March 1.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3469509;

Episode 2:
    6.01 million viewers and 2.1/6 in adults 18-49.

There was no competition. Ratings still fell almost three million viewers. While that sounds bad, it was a holiday night, and MeAnna's episode 2 fell by over four million viewers. So Jillian is now doing almost a half million viewers better than MeAnna at this point. And the Fleissian fireworks haven't even started yet.

Last week, The Bachelorette 5 lost viewers each half-hour of the two-hour show. This week, it gained viewers each half-hour of it's two-hour show. I think that speaks well of Jillian. I attribute last week's drop off to the DWTS effect. Not a lot of audience compatibility.

While the 2.1 demo rating is nothing special, it was enough for #1 in two of the half-hours in it's time period, #2 in the others.

Lead out show Here Come The Newlyweds lost one and a half million viewers from The Bachelorette's last half-hour.

Comparison to Premiere episode:

Comparison to Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) episode 2:
    5.54 million viewers and 2.0/5 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) episode 2:
    9.06 million viewers and 3.2/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) episode 2:
    8.0 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) episode 2:
    9.58 million viewers and 3.6/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) episode 2:
    9.23 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 (Lorenzo) episode 2:
    7.98 million viewers and 3.1/7 in adults 18-49.

The Bachelor returns January 4, 2010. It's scheduled for two-hours on Mondays starting at 8 p.m. Eastern. The finale should be March 1.
    It"s not really Jill. I think she was well liked but is not "wow" in many ways. And she was choice 3. There may be a bit of a fatigue factor. And, I think it's a combo of a bitter taste from the last round with Jason, and the fact that it's a really really sad group of little boys for the most part. A small group of good guys surrounded by flotsam and jetsam...

Closed Thread