Closed Thread
Page 57 of 210 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3624578;
    sdls exact words were:

In a recent interview in ChicagoTribune "1o things about Ed" he lists The Blue Frog and The Green Door Tavern as his favourite bars. The Blue Frog is the karoake bar. So if sdl tells us he got banned from his Favourite karoake bar then he means The Blue Frog. Im sure hell deny that he meant that but the facts speak for themselves.
    Okay, I wasn't going to post this but here it is, take it or leave it. The urination story is true, he did have a verbal altercation, but he is not banned from Blue Frog.

No, I was not there and don't have pictures, thank God, but yes, I did hear this from someone other than sdl (whom I still think is a message board rock star, by the way!)

Quote Originally Posted by snowglo;3624708;
    Does Ed ever work? For someone who is a "workaholic" he sure is taking a lot of time off.
    I guess he's taking it easy for a while and living off the "compensation" given to him for pretending to love Jilly Bean. I feel for her.

Does Ed ever work? For someone who is a "workaholic" he sure is taking a lot of time off.
    His boss must have gone from being a Lovescrooge to the bestest, sweetest, awesomest boss in the world

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3624716;
    I guess he's taking it easy for a while and living off the "compensation" given to him for pretending to love Jilly Bean. I feel for her.
    I think she really loves him, but I think all of it is hitting him like a ton of bricks, and not in a good way. If what we hear about him is true, guys like him bolt when the pressure is on.

FORT Fogey

I've been around many more years than Jillian and have seen many women like her, perhaps USED TO BE similar in terms of what I was looking for in a relationship. Many women claim to be independent, even act independent in terms of a career, but emotionally they are dependent and perhaps what is called co-dependent in a relationship. They're torn between a kind of independence on one hand, and wanting to be taken care of by a big strong man on the other. Jillian picked the big alpha male ... not as extreme as Dave for sure, so I give her props for that ... but someone she felt could take care of her and give her a life rather than someone who would mesh with the life she has already established. After all, she's planning to give up her life and the new design firm she was supposedly establishing in Canada, to fit in with Ed's life in Chicago.

I can't help but notice that so far at least, the reasons she gives for being so happy with Ed are all superficial. He fits her physical preferences (tall, dark, and handsome .... although handsome is in the eye of the beholder as far as I'm concerned), she says they have the same taste in music, same sleeping habits, same desire to "crack open a cold one" as often as possible, etc. So far, they've been having lots of fun, drinking margaritas all day and hanging out at the pool in a romantic secluded hideaway. Seconds after the proposal she squealed about how much fun they were going to have together. Well, relationships and marriage are about a lot more than having fun and going out for wings and beer at your favorite bar. I think relationships are about something so much deeper to Reid, and that is why Jillian went for Ed instead of Reid. Jillian wasn't ready for the kind of depth that Reid offered, more of a soul connection than a superficial one of constant "fun," which is an unrealistic expectation for a long-term relationship. I'm not saying having fun isn't important, but it is by no means all there is. Relationships and marriage can be a rocky road, even the best of them, and you need someone who will be supportive, committed, and dedicated to getting through the rough times with love and compassion.

From what I observed and feel about Reid, although he is fun and funny, he is more about spiritual connection, love, and loyalty with an equal partner. He just doesn't realize yet, or maybe he does now, that Jillian can't give him what HE really wants in a relationship, at least not at the moment. She has a lot to learn first. Maybe her relationship with Ed will teach her that, maybe not. I'd like to see him with someone who also is looking for more depth in a partner. Don't know if he'll find that on The Bachelor, should he choose to be on the show.

I don't get why people are still talking about Reid like it was down to either him or Ed for the F1 - just because Kip's edit was low-key (at the FRC and at the ATFR) as there was no drama surrounding him, doens't mean that he wasn't the true F2. We were shown the "emotional" display with Reid and Jillian at the FRC and ATFR rose because it's what Fleiss thrives on. Reid put Jillian on the spot on both occasions and IMO made a fool of himself. Him showing up at the FRC took her by surprise and she had no clue how to react. He wouldn't take no for an answer and upset her, and in that situation she, like most woman will, cried. Did she care for Reid? yes she did... but not more than Kip. Kip just made it easy for her, and showed the how a real gentlemen would act. Reid showed us how a guy that's used to getting his way acts. If Jillian had any type of feeling left for him, I'm sure he killed it with the fantasy suite comment, that was very catty, something a spurned woman is more likely to say than a man would.

I sure hope Reid is the next Bachelor, then I can be done with this show, I couldn't watch Blob and feel the same way about Reid - I couldn't stomach his whining for a whole season.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3624730;
    I've been around many more years than Jillian and have seen many women like her, perhaps USED TO BE similar in terms of what I was looking for in a relationship. Many women claim to be independent, even act independent in terms of a career, but emotionally they are dependent and perhaps what is called co-dependent in a relationship. They're torn between a kind of independence on one hand, and wanting to be taken care of by a big strong man on the other. Jillian picked the big alpha male ... not as extreme as Dave for sure, so I give her props for that ... but someone she felt could take care of her and give her a life rather than someone who would mesh with the life she has already established. After all, she's planning to give up her life and the new design firm she was supposedly establishing in Canada, to fit in with Ed's life in Chicago.

I can't help but notice that so far at least, the reasons she gives for being so happy with Ed are all superficial. He fits her physical preferences (tall, dark, and handsome .... although handsome is in the eye of the beholder as far as I'm concerned), she says they have the same taste in music, same sleeping habits, same desire to "crack open a cold one" as often as possible, etc. So far, they've been having lots of fun, drinking margaritas all day and hanging out at the pool in a romantic secluded hideaway. Seconds after the proposal she squealed about how much fun they were going to have together. Well, relationships and marriage are about a lot more than having fun and going out for wings and beer at your favorite bar. I think relationships are about something so much deeper to Reid, and that is why Jillian went for Ed instead of Reid. Jillian wasn't ready for the kind of depth that Reid offered, more of a soul connection than a superficial one of constant "fun," which is an unrealistic expectation for a long-term relationship. I'm not saying having fun isn't important, but it is by no means all there is. Relationships and marriage can be a rocky road, even the best of them, and you need someone who will be supportive, committed, and dedicated to getting through the rough times with love and compassion.

From what I observed and feel about Reid, although he is fun and funny, he is more about spiritual connection, love, and loyalty with an equal partner. He just doesn't realize yet, or maybe he does now, that Jillian can't give him what HE really wants in a relationship, at least not at the moment. She has a lot to learn first. Maybe her relationship with Ed will teach her that, maybe not. I'd like to see him with someone who also is looking for more depth in a partner. Don't know if he'll find that on The Bachelor, should he choose to be on the show.
    Well said.

He has stated in one of the interviews, that he has been working. Perhaps he meant what he said when he told Jillian she has reprioritized his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3624730;

Wonderful post! Bravo.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3624700;
    Is she a woman, or a lapdog? When he left AND came back she needed to give him a hard time. Bust his ***, make him work for it. You have to teach people how to treat you, and unfortunately that says "Hello my name is Jillian and I am a doormat in relationships."
    ohhh man... how true!!

Closed Thread