Closed Thread
Page 55 of 210 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624477;
    I know I've been saying this a lot, but I really think that the only type for Jill is the type she chose. Looking back on it all, how would Reid and Jill survive in the real world? Who would make all the decisions for them? Who would emotionally protect the other? Although I was pulling for them so hard before Mon, now they seem to me like two sides of the same coin and because of that, I think Jill can only really be happy with a man like Ed. She wants him to be all territorial about her and make the decisions. And Reid with all his indecisiveness would expect Jill to be the one to make the decisions, something she's uncomfortable with herself.

Now I don't know if Ed has changed his caddish ways and I tend to think that he hasn't but I think that overall, a real life relationship with Reid and Jill could never have worked out while she has a real shot with Ed.
    I remember thinking Reid gave such a good answer when Jillian asked what kind of girl he needs, and the very first thing he said was "One who is independent, but can also depend..." I never got the feeling that he wants a pants wearing authority figure. I had the impression that he wants an equal partner, a sounding board he could trust and be around without drama. I also don't think Reid is all THAT indecisive. Seems to me he just prefers to have feedback from people he trusts and maybe even some sort of cosmic sign from the universe that he's doing the right thing when he makes a big decision. As for Jillian and her thing for dominating alpha males...I wish her luck with that.
    So, you know what it means when your ears turn red...

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3624531;
    I remember thinking Reid gave such a good answer when Jillian asked what kind of girl he needs, and the very first thing he said was "One who is independent, but can also depend..." I never got the feeling that he wants a pants wearing authority figure. I had the impression that he wants an equal partner, a sounding board he could trust and be around without drama. I also don't think Reid is all THAT indecisive. Seems to me he just prefers to have feedback from people he trusts and maybe even some sort of cosmic sign from the universe that he's doing the right thing when he makes a big decision. As for Jillian and her thing for dominating alpha males...I wish her luck with that.
    VERY well said. I remember your bolded when he said that and thought it was such a telling thing to say that honored what a woman wants and needs, to feel independent, but to also be able to depend when she needs to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3624531;
    On the bolded: Oh man, dude, me too. I just hope Ed is 1/2 the man she seems to think he is so he doesn't mistreat her and make her miserable like all the others she's dated have in the past. I'm not putting too much stock into their relationship but like I've said, for now it seems that she's found exactly what she wanted so for that, I'm happy for her and wish her the best.

Precisely why I agree with you is that Reid isn't the "pants wearing authority" kind of husband and boyfriend which is basically #1 on Jill's list. She tried to be sneaky about it but in every interview she's mentioned it and talked about it in 50 million, zillion PIs and grilled Kiptyn about it several times. I have no idea WTH is wrong with her and why any woman in this day and age would want or need that but it's what she wants so kudos for hopefully finding it with a nice-ish man.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624525;
    The thing is, I don't see Jill as independent at all. I see her as whiny, needy, and desperately insecure. I think she wants you to think that she's a strong, independent woman but her desperation for a proposal, inability to make a decision re Ed vs. Reid and a bunch of her other behavior this season lead me to think it's all a farce. I see her as really needy and someone who needs someone else to help her make decisions and tell her what to do. I think it's messed up but that's what she wants and of the F3, the only one who would provide that for her is Ed.

Whether or not they'll last depends on a few factors (imo). Primarily on how much he's ready to give up his womanizing or at least, how much he can learn to be covert about his other buddies so she doesn't get too whiny about it. And it also depends on how much BS she's ready to put up with from him. She seems desperate enough to put up with quite a bit so I actually am beginning to think that if he's ready for kids and wants someone to come home to, they'll make it because no one is going to be put with him and his harem like Jill.
    Yes and we saw that Reid was upset about whether she was having overnight fantasy suite dates with the other men as well as with him, while it didn't phase Ed if she did, so you are probably right that Reid's standards are higher and perhaps Jillian felt she couldn't measure up to those standards.

Quote Originally Posted by AJL1953;3624297;
    I agree that it definately makes it less enjoyable to read the boards with this nonsense going on.

But there were signs for the F1 this year. I was not on the "Ed" team but found the following points interesting.

1. Jillian's slipup during the Chicago interview that she couldn't wait to visit Chi.....
    2. No signs of Ed during the show, while numerous sightings of Reid and Kiptyn. Makes sense now that we know they spent substantial time together.
    3. Picture that surfaced of Jillian and Ed in Hawaii.

Jillian and Ed did appear to be happy and in love on ATFR and after all, this is about Jillian being happy.
    When she called Reid "a doll" during an interview it was a sign to me.

FORT Newbie

I haven't read the whole thread but wondering if anyone has the link to the conference calls?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyGirls;3624560;
    When she called Reid "a doll" during an interview it was a sign to me.
    I knew it was Ed when during the MTA she said all she wanted to do was crawl into his lap when he came back instead of giving him a hard time. She never would have said something so intimate if Reid or Kip were F1. I wanted to deny it, but it was clear by the way she said it that she chose Ed.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by surpriseending;3624563;
    I haven't read the whole thread but wondering if anyone has the link to the conference calls?
    No link to listen but JU has a transcript link.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3624500;
    ITA with you! She totally got what she was "looking" for. I have this theory about women, that we choose the kind of guy that reflects to us how we feel about ourselves. When Jillian looks in the mirror Ed holds she sees farts and explicatives. This is how she views herself. When Reid holds up a mirror to her she had to look away because she saw beauty and warmth and wonder ( something she doesn't feel about herself) and she didn't know how to look in that mirror and it scared her. He kept trying to hold it up to her, but as much as she liked the mirror and what she saw in it when Reid would hold it up for her, it was not how she felt about herself, so she made him put down his mirror. The mirror Ed holds for her is "comfortable", its familiar, and its validating... unfortunately. She settled for the mirror that she holds up to herself. What she doesn't get is that EVERY woman deserves to have a man treat her BETTER than her best thought about herself.
    Holls: Lovely post.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3624146;
    sdl never named the bar, people assumed it was the Blue Frog, and the Blue Frog denied it. That's as much as we know.
    sdls exact words were:

2) Ed is no longer being seen at his favorite karaoke bar because he is no longer welcome there. I'll let someone else explain the circumstances, because I've heard it enough times to know that it's not a big secret. The bar will only confirm that "he hasn't been here in a good while."
    In a recent interview in ChicagoTribune "1o things about Ed" he lists The Blue Frog and The Green Door Tavern as his favourite bars. The Blue Frog is the karoake bar. So if sdl tells us he got banned from his Favourite karoake bar then he means The Blue Frog. Im sure hell deny that he meant that but the facts speak for themselves.

Closed Thread