Closed Thread
Page 54 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

  1. #531
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3624373;
    THis is true.... She really did stay true to herself in this whole process though in choosing her type.. she was ALMOST ready to take a hold of the special "different" kind of person that she was falling in love with but I really think she didn't because she didn't trust herself for whatever reason in going against her norm.
    ITA....Let's hope she doesn't regret her choices later. Reid will be a good catch for someone.

  2. #532
    FORT Fanatic victoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    among 7 Heismans
    Posts
    462

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Some thoughts....

    Chris Harrison is Company Man defined. Now I LIKE CH; I think he's an awfully good egg underneath reading the cue cards, but there's no doubt about it in my mind: The man reads whatever is put in front of him regarding this show. I'll give him a pass b/c everything he says is basically founded in truth -- so he's not a bald-faced liar -- but everything he says is rife with editorial latitude. There's essential truth to everything he says, but we ALL know he mischaracterizes things as a habit ('cuz it's his job).

    IMO, there is no Under-the-Bus-Throwing going on at this point. CH is saying what he's saying b/c he knows that Jillian & Ed are hip to the jive, they know the truth, and they understand why the show -- with CH as its parrot -- needs to say what it says publicly (to sell their product). J & E are currently Over-the-Moon happy, they gained much from this show, they don't mind giving a little back b/c they're believers in this process despite the process being so incredibly removed from Reality.

    I posted something not long ago about F2 re-treads being about the stupidest thing ever, particularly on consecutive seasons. I said something like, "How am I supposed to buy into this True Love Forever crap when people recover so quickly? I know I need some time to lick my wounds when I'm truly heartbroken. Better to go with anyone but a non-F2 re-tread if I'm supposed to buy the illusion." Honestly, I think that's precisely what's going on now -- Reid went to the near end of this season with the indecisive/non-committal edit. But alas, he has become a fan fave in one of the biggest ways EVAH!

    I'm pretty confident that Reid is TPTB's #1 choice (by a LOT) for next Bach. Is it not obvious? They can't have Reid become their new Bach if they perpetuate this indecisive/non-committal crap -- they need a Bach who is SERIOUS about finding looooooooove. Reid is the next Bach, IMO, and everything we've recently seen is a rehabilitation of Reid (the character) as indecisive/non-committal. He must look "changed" if we're to take him seriously as Bach. He's been changed by having sincerely fallen in love with Jillian. In a month or so, when he's had more time to "heal his heartbreak," he'll be announced as Bach -- a perfectly "ready" Bachelor...now healed and ready for the Love of a Lifetime.

    All that being said, I believe Jillian & Reid developed deep & genuine feelings for one another. I really don't believe either of them deeply felt FOREVER feelings about each other. They really really liked each other, and with nobody else around, I think they'd have a relationship for awhile, but not forever. I think Jillian saw that b/c of HER role in this sitch and Reid didn't b/c of HIS role in this sitch (she had options, he didn't). Furthermore, Jillian just really sucks at breaking up with people. And I will also say that she sucks so hard at breaking up with people that she DOES send mixed signals. She means well, and I love her for that, but it's short-term gain at long-term expense. If she and Ed last, her break-up weaknesses are a non-issue going forward -- let us all hope for that.

    Not trying to convince anyone of my belief, but all this is how I see it.
    Last edited by victoria; 07-30-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: typos, an extra thought
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

  3. #533
    FORT Fan I am hooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    187

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3624290 View Post
    Especially since she had Reid in that "Go away closer" death grip.
    Hmm, you noticed that too. Kind of hard not to notice with her arms around his neck, playing with his hair, her arms behind her back with his arms wrapped around her.

    Sure she was waiting for Ed to come and propose.

  4. #534
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3624373;
    THis is true.... She really did stay true to herself in this whole process though in choosing her type.. she was ALMOST ready to take a hold of the special "different" kind of person that she was falling in love with but I really think she didn't because she didn't trust herself for whatever reason in going against her norm.
    I know I've been saying this a lot, but I really think that the only type for Jill is the type she chose. Looking back on it all, how would Reid and Jill survive in the real world? Who would make all the decisions for them? Who would emotionally protect the other? Although I was pulling for them so hard before Mon, now they seem to me like two sides of the same coin and because of that, I think Jill can only really be happy with a man like Ed. She wants him to be all territorial about her and make the decisions. And Reid with all his indecisiveness would expect Jill to be the one to make the decisions, something she's uncomfortable with herself.

    Now I don't know if Ed has changed his caddish ways and I tend to think that he hasn't but I think that overall, a real life relationship with Reid and Jill could never have worked out while she has a real shot with Ed.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #535
    FORT Fan Holls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    389

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624477;
    I know I've been saying this a lot, but I really think that the only type for Jill is the type she chose. Looking back on it all, how would Reid and Jill survive in the real world? Who would make all the decisions for them? Who would emotionally protect the other? Although I was pulling for them so hard before Mon, now they seem to me like two sides of the same coin and because of that, I think Jill can only really be happy with a man like Ed. She wants him to be all territorial about her and make the decisions. And Reid with all his indecisiveness would expect Jill to be the one to make the decisions, something she's uncomfortable with herself.

    Now I don't know if Ed has changed his caddish ways and I tend to think that he hasn't but I think that overall, a real life relationship with Reid and Jill could never have worked out while she has a real shot with Ed.
    ITA with you! She totally got what she was "looking" for. I have this theory about women, that we choose the kind of guy that reflects to us how we feel about ourselves. When Jillian looks in the mirror Ed holds she sees farts and explicatives. This is how she views herself. When Reid holds up a mirror to her she had to look away because she saw beauty and warmth and wonder ( something she doesn't feel about herself) and she didn't know how to look in that mirror and it scared her. He kept trying to hold it up to her, but as much as she liked the mirror and what she saw in it when Reid would hold it up for her, it was not how she felt about herself, so she made him put down his mirror. The mirror Ed holds for her is "comfortable", its familiar, and its validating... unfortunately. She settled for the mirror that she holds up to herself. What she doesn't get is that EVERY woman deserves to have a man treat her BETTER than her best thought about herself.

  6. #536
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    421

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by I am hooked;3624472;
    Hmm, you noticed that too. Kind of hard not to notice with her arms around his neck, playing with his hair, her arms behind her back with his arms wrapped around her.

    Sure she was waiting for Ed to come and propose.
    *sigh*

  7. #537
    FORT Fan carolb57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624477;
    I know I've been saying this a lot, but I really think that the only type for Jill is the type she chose. Looking back on it all, how would Reid and Jill survive in the real world? Who would make all the decisions for them? Who would emotionally protect the other? Although I was pulling for them so hard before Mon, now they seem to me like two sides of the same coin and because of that, I think Jill can only really be happy with a man like Ed. She wants him to be all territorial about her and make the decisions. And Reid with all his indecisiveness would expect Jill to be the one to make the decisions, something she's uncomfortable with herself.

    Now I don't know if Ed has changed his caddish ways and I tend to think that he hasn't but I think that overall, a real life relationship with Reid and Jill could never have worked out while she has a real shot with Ed.
    Well, I may be all wet on this, but I see it exactly the opposite of the way you see it. I think Jillian is a very independent woman and can be very controlling. I'm not so sure that she wants her guy to make the decisions. I think Reid and Jill would have had a better chance of making decisions together. It will be interesting to see if someone as independent as Jillian will be happy long-term in being the person who gives up her home and lifestyle in Canada to share Ed's lifestyle in Chicago. She needed that HTD in Chicago in order to make a sound decision regarding Ed and he cheated her out of it just like Melissa did with Jason. Jillian told Reid she could see herself moving to Philly with him but she really doesn't know what is ahead of her in Chicago. Furthermore, I think I am a pretty good judge of character. I predicted disaster for Jason and Melissa and I just don't see it as a good match for Jillian and Ed. She needed the spontaneity and fun of a charismatic personality like Reid.

  8. #538
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Holls;3624500;
    ITA with you! She totally got what she was "looking" for. I have this theory about women, that we choose the kind of guy that reflects to us how we feel about ourselves. When Jillian looks in the mirror Ed holds she sees farts and explicatives. This is how she views herself. When Reid holds up a mirror to her she had to look away because she saw beauty and warmth and wonder ( something she doesn't feel about herself) and she didn't know how to look in that mirror and it scared her. He kept trying to hold it up to her, but as much as she liked the mirror and what she saw in it when Reid would hold it up for her, it was not how she felt about herself, so she made him put down his mirror. The mirror Ed holds for her is "comfortable", its familiar, and its validating... unfortunately. She settled for the mirror that she holds up to herself. What she doesn't get is that EVERY woman deserves to have a man treat her BETTER than her best thought about herself.
    This was so sweet to read! I love this post and I agree with you too. She was a better person with Reid, so much sweeter and less crass and I just liked her so much more but I think Jill didn't. I think Jill chose the man and the lifestyle that makes her feel the safest and happiest. I don't see Reid and Jill going out to drink every night of the week and going out for wings. I don't get it myself but apparently, Jill does and Ed does and this is what Jill wanted. I don't think she wanted to be that person that she was with Reid and instead chose what she thought was best despite her insane connection and chemistry with Reid. And like I said, in the real world, I can see Jill and Ed working out better than Jill and Reid ever could. They're just too different, their families are too different- Jill and Ed even have that in common in that both their families aren't too well off but they themselves are "self-made" while Reid was born affluent. It's sad to me because I loved, loved the Jilly Bean she was with Reid but I think she's better off with Ed in the real world.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #539
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3624506;
    Well, I may be all wet on this, but I see it exactly the opposite of the way you see it. I think Jillian is a very independent woman and can be very controlling. I'm not so sure that she wants her guy to make the decisions. I think Reid and Jill would have had a better chance of making decisions together. It will be interesting to see if someone as independent as Jillian will be happy long-term in being the person who gives up her home and lifestyle in Canada to share Ed's lifestyle in Chicago. She needed that HTD in Chicago in order to make a sound decision regarding Ed and he cheated her out of it just like Melissa did with Jason. Jillian told Reid she could see herself moving to Philly with him but she really doesn't know what is ahead of her in Chicago. Furthermore, I think I am a pretty good judge of character. I predicted disaster for Jason and Melissa and I just don't see it as a good match for Jillian and Ed. She needed the spontaneity and fun of a charismatic personality like Reid.
    The thing is, I don't see Jill as independent at all. I see her as whiny, needy, and desperately insecure. I think she wants you to think that she's a strong, independent woman but her desperation for a proposal, inability to make a decision re Ed vs. Reid and a bunch of her other behavior this season lead me to think it's all a farce. I see her as really needy and someone who needs someone else to help her make decisions and tell her what to do. I think it's messed up but that's what she wants and of the F3, the only one who would provide that for her is Ed.

    Whether or not they'll last depends on a few factors (imo). Primarily on how much he's ready to give up his womanizing or at least, how much he can learn to be covert about his other buddies so she doesn't get too whiny about it. And it also depends on how much BS she's ready to put up with from him. She seems desperate enough to put up with quite a bit so I actually am beginning to think that if he's ready for kids and wants someone to come home to, they'll make it because no one is going to be put with him and his harem like Jill.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  10. #540
    FORT Fan Holls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    389

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624520;
    This was so sweet to read! I love this post and I agree with you too. She was a better person with Reid, so much sweeter and less crass and I just liked her so much more but I think Jill didn't. I think Jill chose the man and the lifestyle that makes her feel the safest and happiest. I don't see Reid and Jill going out to drink every night of the week and going out for wings. I don't get it myself but apparently, Jill does and Ed does and this is what Jill wanted. I don't think she wanted to be that person that she was with Reid and instead chose what she thought was best despite her insane connection and chemistry with Reid. And like I said, in the real world, I can see Jill and Ed working out better than Jill and Reid ever could. They're just too different, their families are too different- Jill and Ed even have that in common in that both their families aren't too well off but they themselves are "self-made" while Reid was born affluent. It's sad to me because I loved, loved the Jilly Bean she was with Reid but I think she's better off with Ed in the real world.
    You are right. I like what you said bolded above. I have always just felt that we should be with people who make us better, who inspire us to be the best we can be. I don't think Ed and Jill do that for each other, but I think the differences that REid and Jill had complimented each other JUST enough that they would both be influenced by thE BEST traits in the other. Overall though you are right, Ed and Jill are the most like. and if like versus like = a good match then that is what they got.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.