Closed Thread
Page 52 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3624166;
    As much as I admired Kiptyn and believe that in the end he did actually fall in love I also believe that he, as well as 90% of the other bachelors, went on the show to promote something. In his case it was a something much more honorable than the others - his charity, which has benefited by his appearance on the show.
    I agree that Kiptyn's agenda for going on the show was for his charity, like he said, he'd take one for the team

Reid's reason was obviously for an ad campaign for the family real estate company which is suffering like most in this economy.

Not quite sure what Ed's was... paid vacation? ... 3 gf's wasn't enough? ... on a dare?
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by gingerous;3624218;
    CH said explicitly that Jillian was never warned about Reid's return, so how could the producers know what Jillian's decision would be? The show last night clearly showed a man who followed his heart back to Hawaii. His relationship with the newly engaged couple must be good now since they all watched the finale together two nights ago. And if the producers were as thoroughly evil as most people on this board believe them to be, contestants would refuse to return for a second round--but both Kiptyn and Reid (and Jake) seem amenable to the idea. Also, a trusted member of this community reported early on that the production people were tearing their hair out due to the lack of a love story. I think we saw at least three love stories this season. True, the editing was almost always obvious and disjointed, but love was there. That is a clear indication to me that "reliable sources" that can't be named are far from reliable.

There is a viciousness on this board unique to a community that's composed almost entirely of women. Contestants routinely get chewed up and spit out by holier-than-thou judges. Mean Girls, anyone?
    I agree, I wish it was not necessary to feel the need to defend contestants against the attacks, but every now and then I feel the need to do so and state my opinions as well, after reading so many insults I feel the need to speak my peace then step away for a bit, someone needs to be a voice for these poor people who cant defend themselves

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3624149;
    I've seen the girlfriend rumors addressed in a variety of places - online blogs, newspapers, magazine articles. I'm really surprised that no one has asked Ed and Jillian about this rumor and given them the chance to refute it. Why hasn't anyone asked? Do they just assume that since Jillian chose Ed that it can't be true, or are they not allowed to ask?

I'm genuinely curious. I have never taken any stand regarding the rumors, so please don't jump on me and assume that I am on one "side" or the other.
    I think you're right that there's an ABC policy against their own people asking "embarrssing" questions.

But Anderson Cooper is NOT an ABC employee--he's CNN--so I guess he didn't get the memo and decided to ask a real reporter's-type question instead of the gawdawful fluff the ABC people seem to be limited to.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3624047;
    My comment about it being simple was regarding Jillian being in love with Ed. It was just that simple.
    Simple, that she is in love with him. IS he in love with her?

It's not shocking that Ed wasn't asked about the girlfriend rumors neither was Jesse from Deanna's season. They don't want to ruin the fantasy for all of those hopeless romantics and female viewing audience who actually believe these people fall in love on this cheesy contrived reality show.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3624074;
    Right. And I maintain that if it was as simple as her being in love with Ed, it wouldn't have taken her an hour to get rid of Reid. We'll agree to disagree.
    Ironcat, ITA

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3623778;
    And we're STILL supposed to believe that they invited some ex gfs to the atfr?
    Yep. All in time.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3623785;
    It doesn't look convincing when posters have to keep defending their favorites...for no reason. I guess the truth hurts and some don't like hearing about it.
    Very true

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3624074;
    Right. And I maintain that if it was as simple as her being in love with Ed, it wouldn't have taken her an hour to get rid of Reid. We'll agree to disagree.
    Especially since she had Reid in that "Go away closer" death grip.

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3623848;
    She knew it wouldn't last with Reid in the long run? How do you or Jillian know that it is going to last with Ed in the long run? Ed is the one who chose to leave her. Reid did NOT choose to leave her--it was she who sent him away! Reid is far more stable and steady than Ed who just started a new job at age 29. Reid is one of the top 100 realtors in the nation and would have been a fantastic "catch" for Jilly. She will be bored to tears with Ed in a couple of months!
    Maybe even sooner then that.

Closed Thread