Closed Thread
Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3442886;
    When do the threads for the Bachelors go up? Can't believe the sleuthing hasn't already begun ...
    I'm asking my Austin music friends about Wes.

Jillian has a very handsome bunch!
    They are an AWESOME bunch.

Okay...now to point out the pink elephant in the room......no one has mentioned that any of these guys make Jason just look like a dweeeebbbyyyy!!!!

OMG...these guys are freaking 10s. Welll....most of them anyway. You go girl!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

This is cute. I don't think it's been posted.

Michael Morrison: How to Canadianize The Bachelorette - Entertainment Blog of Blogs

Michael Morrison: How to Canadianize The Bachelorette

Finally Canadians are getting some representation on American reality shows.

After years of being shunned from Survivor and The Amazing Race, ABC's The Bachelorette has made the wise decision to case Jillian Harris as it's next victim...er I mean love interest. Jillian, who is from Alberta, is certainly going to be the most unique Bachelorette that they've ever had the show, mostly because she seems intelligent and well...that pretty much makes her better than most people on this show.

But I can't help but wonder if the producers of the popular reality dating show are going to be making some special changes and allowances in order to make Jillian feel more at home?

Here are some potential changes to Canadianize The Bachelorette:

• The guys should be brought to the mansion on ski-doos

• Potential romantic dates should include sitting around the tv waiting for the 6/49 numbers, picnics at a hockey rink and returning bottles to depots.

• Instead of roses, guys should have to roll up the rim to see if Jillian would like them to stay.

• Viewers should stay tuned for: "The Most Dramatic Elimination Ceremony ever...eh?"

• When she does eliminated potential suiters, Jillian will apologize 18 times, even though she made the choice.

• If they are eliminated, they should leave the mansion on ice flows instead of limos.

eta: Okay, you Canucks. What does "roll up the rim" mean? I'm picturing something not so nice..., lol.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3444450;
    This is cute. I don't think it's been posted.

Michael Morrison: How to Canadianize The Bachelorette - Entertainment Blog of Blogs

eta: Okay, you Canucks. What does "roll up the rim" mean? I'm picturing something not so nice..., lol.
    Ha ha! Tim Hortons (it's the biggest donut/coffee chain here) has a contest that people go nuts for, you can roll up the rim of your paper coffee cup and win different things

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3444464;
    Ha ha! Tim Hortons (it's the biggest donut/coffee chain here) has a contest that people go nuts for, you can roll up the rim of your paper coffee cup and win different things
    Ohhhhhh....a coffee cup rim..........whew! Thanks chopstickchick!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Thanks for the laugh, I'msotired. I haven't lived in Canada for over 10 yrs but it took me back.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3444466;
    Ohhhhhh....a coffee cup rim..........whew! Thanks chopstickchick!
    And to make this sound even more Canadian, Tim Horton's coffee which has the Roll up the Rim to Win contest, was started, of course, by Tim Horton who was a professional (NHL) hockey player!

This from 3angels on Twitter:
    Will Jillian Harris Find True Love with a Man Named Tanner?
    The Bachelorette returns to ABC May 18 at 8:00 P.M. with yours truly Jillian Harris. Who can forget Jillian? Jillian might have lost the chance at love with Jason Mesnick, but gained so much popularity with the fans. This will be a fun, suspenseful, and romantic journey for Jillian this time around. Not only will Jillian has the chance to find true love or her best friend so to say, but she will be the first bachelorette to be able to choose from 30 hot guys instead of 25.

The first night 25 men will begin to walk out of the limousine one by one like usual, and believe it or not the first hot guy that walks out of the limousine will throw Jillian for a loop. People are saying that this first guy that walks up to Jillian will make a great first impression already with her, because of his amazing looks, charm, charisma, and how he approaches her. Meanwhile Jillian has no idea that 5 other men will show up later on in the show. Jillian then goes to the first ever party and starts searching for that one special man to give him the first impression rose. While Jillian is getting down with these bachelors the surprise comes. 5 tall dark and handsome men crash her party. Chris then tells her "These 5 man are added to your 25 other men, this will be the first time in Bachelor history to have 30 men." There Chris goes with that first time in Bachelor history phrase that I'm sure we will all hear quite a few times this season.

The hard part for Jillian is going to be the first elimination. She has to eliminate 10 of the men. Ok, not bad it will leave her with 20 other hunks. One of those hunks will be a very sexy man named "Tanner". He will be the one to look out for that may swipe Jillian away at the finale. Another bachelor spoiler will be that in one of the episodes Chris is going to have the guys vote off a bachelor. That means every guy will have to choose one man they would like to see go. This can be very upsetting for Jillian, because they may get rid of the one she really wants to hold on to.

Could this be Kip I wonder?!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fogey

Is Jillian Harris Going To Follow Melissa Rycroft Onto 'Dancing With The Stars'?

Since Melissa Rycroft was dumped by Jason Mesnick on last season's "The Bachelor," her star has risen as one of the semi-finalists on "Dancing with the Stars." Does the new "Bachelorette" have similar aspirations?

"Oh, my God, no. I am the worst dancer in the world," Jillian Harris says in a phone call promoting the new season. "I could not do anything to do with dancing or singing. If I was a good dancer, yes, I would go on 'Dancing with the Stars.' My coordination is pretty bad. You need to watch the season. There are a few times when I show that I am not a good dancer."

Jillian says that the shooting schedule for "The Bachelorette" has kept her so busy that she has only had time to turn the TV on once, but she has tried to keep up with Melissa by getting the info second hand.

"I know she is in the semi-finals," Jillian says. "I miss her so much. I can't wait to see her after all this is over. I am proud of her. I know she is doing well."

The 29-year-old Canadian, who works as a restaurant interior designer, says while "DWTS" is not in her future, she wouldn't turn down the opportunity to compete on a design show.

"I love my job that I have right now," she says. "I love everything to do with my job. Would I take on a reality show that had to do with interior design? I think that would be another incredible opportunity. I would love to do something like that, but I am not here to find a career in the TV industry. I would be more than thrilled to go back to my regular life and do my restaurant design and work nine to nine again."

"The Bachelorette"'s two-hour premiere airs Monday, May 18 at 9:02 p.m. on ABC.

Thanks for that link.

It will be funny watching her dance then.

Closed Thread