Closed Thread
Page 48 of 210 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

  1. #471
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    101

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Actually they are planning a wedding after she moves which is now finally in the works.
    Sorry, Jinxie, not understanding - my post was about Reid and who wasn't telling the truth about Jllian's feelings: CH or Jillian. I'm totally on board with Jill/Ed!

  2. #472
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    It seems there are two different versions of transcripts of today's conference call. Since both are by reality sites, I don't think we can quote or link to them here. One does have the Spain reference, one does not. They also differ on the response to the fantasy suite question. So I'm going to wait until ABC releases its copy of the transcript.

  3. #473
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3624022;
    My response was regarding your comment that it was that simple. I don't think it was simple at all for Jill or she wouldn't have spent an hour looking scared and confused before sending Reid away.

    Is it Jill or Ed that told you directly that Ed had Jill at hello?
    Both - their eyes and expressions told it all.

  4. #474
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3624019;
    Okay, we'll just agree to disagree. I also think that if they are currently wooing Reid to be the Bachelor, and the producers did feed him a bunch of crap about going back when Jillian had no intention of selecting him, then Reid is a lot less likely to say yes to their offer (assuming he knows that they lied). I have no idea how these producers live with themselves when they wake up in the morning after manipulating in the ways that they do, but if she was never going to accept his offer, and they told him that she was, and now they want him to further boost their franchise by signing on, well, of course they're going to lie and say that Jillian is now the one lying, not them. (Or tell him that she considered his proposal because if she never did or never would have, well, then they're the ones lying directly to Reid. And they can't have that, not if they want him next season.)

    I dunno. I think the people behind the scenes of this show are fairly disgusting (though I love the show itself - I know, kill me), so I rarely place a lot of faith in their integrity. JMO. Understand why you don't agree.
    I do see your point, and I agree that there's not much I wouldn't put past the sleazy producers. I guess I'm drawing my conclusions based on not only what CH said but what I saw at FRC and on ATFR on Jill's face and in her eyes.

  5. #475
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3624047;
    My comment about it being simple was regarding Jillian being in love with Ed. It was just that simple.
    Right. And I maintain that if it was as simple as her being in love with Ed, it wouldn't have taken her an hour to get rid of Reid. We'll agree to disagree.

  6. #476
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3624039;
    I think Reid's return was definitely producer manipulated to create drama this season. TBTB played on his emotions, probably leading him to think he still had a chance with Jillian. That way, Reid could be brought front and center again in the viewer's minds and be a sympathetic choice for the next bachelor.
    Anyway, I think Jill and Ed are much better suited for each other. It took the MTA and the outtakes to convince me that Jillian was all wrong for either Kip or Reid and that her pick would be Ed. Now if Wes had shown even one bit of interest in Jillian, I believe there would have been a strong possibility that he would be F1. Wes and Ed are Jillian's type, more so than Kip or Reid.
    That's exactly the conclusion I've come to too. We thought (at least I did) that Jill was someone totally different than who she turned out to be and who she said she was at the beginning of this season and on Jason's season. If we had known who she was earlier, I don't think I ever would have thought that she would choose Reid or Kip. Ed and Wes are exactly her type and if Wes had wanted to play the game and woo her to the extent of his abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of Chi, she would be moving to Austin Aug 1st. Basically, everyone is better off this way because despite what special and unique connection Reid and Jill had in the fantasy world, in reality, she needs and wants a man like Ed or Wes.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #477
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    101

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Therefore I think both of them are spinning for their own purposes and it's impossible to know what resemblance their claims might have to the truth. My main interest in anything they have to say is the amusement potential in each instance of self-contradiction and/or disingenuousness.
    This. cfck2222 sums it up perfectly. Oh well, all's well that ends well, really. Jillian and Ed seem happy. Reid is going to get a ton of girls, if not the next Bach franchise. Producers got great ratings and a potential new star. Everyone will say what they want to say to look their best in the press, and then we'll all move on and forget about them entirely.

  8. #478
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;3622741;
    Watching Regis and Kelly right now, I almost died laughing when Anderson Cooper asked her how many guys she slept with. He's clearly not the type who would usually watch shows like this, and of all people I didn't expect HIM to ask that, but he's right, given the premise of the show, it seems like a reasonable question.

    I saw that Regis/Kelly appearance and it was sooo weird!
    They both were floundering around--and Anderson Cooper is a good enough reporter to ask the "money" questions.

    They were having such a hard time talking---Jill and Ed--that the second segment wasn't even an interview but was a truly idiotic game that the four of them were supposed to play. It was an awful game--and nobody was really trying very hear.

    It really looked like something cooked up at the last minute because Jill/Ed couldn't really do a real interview that required any thought.

    I ended up feeling sorry for everyone involved in that fiasco.

  9. #479
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    475

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3623983;
    Not if they're trying to set Reid up for the Bachelor - makes him look a lot less spurned (and less humiliated) if Chris justifies it. (To be clear, I don't think he humiliated himself, but plenty of people think that he shouldn't have come back and that he did himself a disservice on last night's ATFR.) Also, not if they're hearing flack for all of the over-production of the season, which they are. Plenty of websites and blogs are talking about the behind-the-scenes manipulation, and if CH wanted to demonstrate that this show is "real" and "genuine," he's certainly not going to say that Jillian already knew of her decision and the producers prodded him to come back and oh, guess what, she wasn't really in love with three guys but had to say that to the camera because that's what the show demands.

    Or yeah, maybe it was just hard for her to turn Reid down again. I don't really know. But my point is that there is probably a middle ground somewhere between what CH is saying and what Jillian is saying. Everyone is protecting his/her best interest.
    I would think you would want to have Reid appear MORE, not less, spurned to garner public sympathy if you're promoting him as the next bachelor.

  10. #480
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3624087;
    I saw that Regis/Kelly appearance and it was sooo weird!
    They both were floundering around--and Anderson Cooper is a good enough reporter to ask the "money" questions.

    They were having such a hard time talking---Jill and Ed--that the second segment wasn't even an interview but was a truly idiotic game that the four of them were supposed to play. It was an awful game--and nobody was really trying very hear.

    It really looked like something cooked up at the last minute because Jill/Ed couldn't really do a real interview that required any thought.

    I ended up feeling sorry for everyone involved in that fiasco.
    That game was so awkward. At one point, Jillian went to high-five Ed and he didn't even notice and just left her hanging. I had to look away.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.