Closed Thread
Page 47 of 210 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

With regard to Reid being the next Bachelor, I think the opposite is true. If CH gives the impression there is something unfinished still between them, it makes it appear that Reid may not be available emotionally to find love. He could easily have said that although Jill had strong feelings for Reid, it was clear that she was in love with Ed, and just felt awful about having to break Reid's heart again. He didn't.
    Okay, we'll just agree to disagree. I also think that if they are currently wooing Reid to be the Bachelor, and if the producers did feed him a bunch of crap about going back when Jillian had no intention of selecting him, then Reid is a lot less likely to say yes to their offer (assuming he knows that they lied). I have no idea how these producers live with themselves when they wake up in the morning after manipulating in the ways that they do, but if she was never going to accept his offer, and they told him that she was, and now they want him to further boost their franchise by signing on, well, of course they're going to lie and say that Jillian is now the one lying, not them. (Or tell him that she considered his proposal because if she never did or never would have, well, then they're the ones lying directly to Reid. And they can't have that, not if they want him next season.) Wow, that's convoluted. But bottom line, if Reid thinks the producer lied to him, I think he'd have a lot less desire to accept the Bachelor.

I dunno. I think the people behind the scenes of this show - the producers, not contestants - are fairly disgusting (though I love the show itself - I know, kill me), so I rarely place a lot of faith in their integrity. JMO. Understand why you don't agree.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 07-29-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3624015;
    Or maybe he still does. Maybe Reid's return was in the script. If he was willing to do it if he is f1 maybe he was also willing to do it to be the next bachelor or money.
    Do you really think that Reid was acting? If he was, then someone needs to hand that man an Emmy.

However, I do think some of this was all for drama's sake and he is the next Bach but I think his own emotions (despite what the producers' incentives were) are completely genuine. He fell in love with the girl and they had a connection. Looking back on it now, I'm sure Ed's the best option for her right now but it doesn't exclude what she had with Reid. I don't believe anyone who says it was always Ed or no one. I'm not blind.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3624018;
    The poster that I was responding to stated that Jillian only chose Ed because she wanted a proposal. I'm saying that if all she wanted was a proposal then she could have accepted Reid's proposal since (as so many chooses to believe) she really wanted Reid. I happen to know that Ed had Jillian at hello. That just wasn't the case with Reid.
    My response was regarding your comment that it was that simple. I don't think it was simple at all for Jill or she wouldn't have spent an hour looking scared and confused before sending Reid away.

Is it Jill or Ed that told you directly that Ed had Jill at hello?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623898;
    I think she knew for sure she was picking Ed once she let Reid go, that fits with her "almost a week" clue that drove us all crazy. Reid was a big weakness, if you want to call it that; I think she had an extremely strong emotional attachment to him that worried her, because it was indescribable and she couldn't figure out where it came from, since he wasn't really her physical type, and practically speaking, in her head she knew that Ed was a better fit for her. Yet still the pull from her heart to Reid, and it scared the heck out of her. I think if he had said he loved her earlier, she may have had the guts to keep him longer and see what light her parents might have shed on things. She maybe would still have picked Ed, because he probably is the right choice, and it may work, provided he isn't (or is no longer) a player. But her heart is still not 100% over Reid, and it showed yesterday.
    ITA and without her heart being 100% over Reid, I don't see how she can give her heart 100% to Ed. She will need to face the music one day. Right now she's too caught up in the euphoria of a new love and the excitement of life changes.

ETA: If Ed's smart, he'll encourage Jill to resolve those feelings, because until she does, he'll truly never have all of her.
    Last edited by 59hawaii; 07-29-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3623983;
    Not if they're trying to set Reid up for the Bachelor - makes him look a lot less spurned (and less humiliated) if Chris justifies it. (To be clear, I don't think he humiliated himself, but plenty of people think that he shouldn't have come back and that he did himself a disservice on last night's ATFR.) Also, not if they're hearing flack for all of the over-production of the season, which they are. Plenty of websites and blogs are talking about the behind-the-scenes manipulation, and if CH wanted to demonstrate that this show is "real" and "genuine," he's certainly not going to say that Jillian already knew of her decision and the producers prodded him to come back and oh, guess what, she wasn't really in love with three guys but had to say that to the camera because that's what the show demands.

Or yeah, maybe it was just hard for her to turn Reid down again. I don't really know. But my point is that there is probably a middle ground somewhere between what CH is saying and what Jillian is saying. Everyone is protecting his/her best interest.
    Actually they are planning a wedding after she moves which is now finally in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3624015;
    Or maybe he still does. Maybe Reid's return was in the script. If he was willing to do it if he is f1 maybe he was also willing to do it to be the next bachelor or money.
    I think Reid's return was definitely producer manipulated to create drama this season. TBTB played on his emotions, probably leading him to think he still had a chance with Jillian. That way, Reid could be brought front and center again in the viewer's minds and be a sympathetic choice for the next bachelor.
    Anyway, I think Jill and Ed are much better suited for each other. It took the MTA and the outtakes to convince me that Jillian was all wrong for either Kip or Reid and that her pick would be Ed. Now if Wes had shown even one bit of interest in Jillian, I believe there would have been a strong possibility that he would be F1. Wes and Ed are Jillian's type, more so than Kip or Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3623990;
    I think CH will say whatever needs to be said in order to keep people talking about the show - this season or another season.
    I agree. I also think Jillian will say whatever she feels needs to be said to reinforce the Jillian+Ed Forever meme, at least for now.

Therefore I think both of them are spinning for their own purposes and it's impossible to know what resemblance their claims might have to the truth. My main interest in anything they have to say is the amusement potential in each instance of self-contradiction and/or disingenuousness.

Speaking of amusement, it suddenly occurred to me that Ed practically provided the producers a method actor-like audition tape as proof that he could handle dating multiple women at once. So how ironic that he ends up engaged at the end of the B'ette season and one of his one-woman man cohorts will end up with the gig of dating multiple women at once!

Getting back to serious, I would venture a guess that Jillian and Ed agreed to give each other mutual mulligans/passes on their other entanglements. I don't know how open they were about those other entanglements and those other entanglements are the main reason I think it's insanity to come off this show engaged. But I do think it's possible they've just agreed that it's past and committed to try to make it work with each other now.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 07-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624021;
    Do you really think that Reid was acting? If he was, then someone needs to hand that man an Emmy.

However, I do think some of this was all for drama's sake and he is the next Bach but I think his own emotions (despite what the producers' incentives were) are completely genuine. He fell in love with the girl and they had a connection. Looking back on it now, I'm sure Ed's the best option for her right now but it doesn't exclude what she had with Reid. I don't believe anyone who says it was always Ed or no one. I'm not blind.

I am sure they had very strong feelings for each other. Jillian said she was falling in love with three men but only fell in love with one Ed. I think he did look very hurt and sincere during the atfr. However, in most cases they always have the men/women at the MTA and the ATFR acting more hurt than they are or how they felt when they let go. I think most of them have moved on by the time they air. Sure there is probably some lingering feelings but I think for the most part not as bad as they make it look. JMO.

Anyway Jillian had some good men to chose from. I wish them all luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3624022;
    My response was regarding your comment that it was that simple. I don't think it was simple at all for Jill or she wouldn't have spent an hour looking scared and confused before sending Reid away.

Is it Jill or Ed that told you directly that Ed had Jill at hello?
    My comment about it being simple was regarding Jillian being in love with Ed. It was just that simple.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3624021;

No way in H E double hockey sticks Reid was acting last night.
    His feelings are/were real...the way he was manipulated by several parties involved was real too.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Closed Thread