Closed Thread
Page 46 of 210 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

I think CH will say whatever needs to be said in order to keep people talking about the show - this season or another season. I do believe that he does like Jillian very much however and I'm pretty sure she is aware of the fact that he is a company man doing his job.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3623839;
    Personally, I've taken a page from Kip's playbook. Who am I to judge, if Kip, who was up close, very personal and suffered personal heartache can say:
    And doesn't this just make you proud to be a Kip fan! i love the fact that he can be mature enough to put his own heartbreak aside, wish her the best, learn from this experience and just move on. He doesn't say a bad word about anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3623994;
    And doesn't this just make you proud to be a Kip fan! i love the fact that he can be mature enough to put his own heartbreak aside, wish her the best, learn from this experience and just move on. He doesn't say a bad word about anybody.
    Agreed, Jake may 'think' he's perfect - Kip is pretty darn close to perfect.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3623758;
    I find it hilarious that Ed fans are expected to believe second hand rumours from anonymous friends of the ex-girlfriends, and yet when Jill herself says that she wouldn't have picked anyone but Ed she is called a liar ...talk about a double standard ... whatever!
    I believe it was Ed or no one for Jill, but not because of anything she has said in interviews (or CH, for that matter). Those interviews are all Fleiss-speak. I believe it was Ed or no one because it was written all over her face in the last epi.

And this is coming from someone who is as impartial as can be -- I don't like Ed. I don't like Jillian. But they love each other.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 07-29-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3623983;
    Not if they're trying to set Reid up for the Bachelor - makes him look a lot less spurned (and less humiliated) if Chris justifies it. (To be clear, I don't think he humiliated himself, but plenty of people think that he shouldn't have come back and that he did himself a disservice on last night's ATFR.) Also, not if they're hearing flack for all of the over-production of the season, which they are. Plenty of websites and blogs are talking about the behind-the-scenes manipulation, and if CH wanted to demonstrate that this show is "real" and "genuine," he's certainly not going to say that Jillian already knew of her decision and the producers prodded him to come back and oh, guess what, she wasn't really in love with three guys but had to say that to the camera because that's what the show demands.

Or yeah, maybe it was just hard for her to turn Reid down again. I don't really know. But my point is that there is probably a middle ground somewhere between what CH is saying and what Jillian is saying. Everyone is protecting his/her best interest.
    With regard to Reid being the next Bachelor, I think the opposite is true. If CH gives the impression there is something unfinished still between them, it makes it appear that Reid may not be available emotionally to find love. He could easily have said that although Jill had strong feelings for Reid, it was clear that she was in love with Ed, and just felt awful about having to break Reid's heart again. He didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57;3623831;
    IMHO it was WRONG for Chris to be pushing Ed at that point. She should have been left alone to make her own decision by herself. Chris used to be part of the woodwork. All of a sudden he is out there asking pushy questions to influence the final decision?
    Chris did not push Ed on Jillian. Nor did he ask one "pushy" question. They were frank and straight to the point. He wasn't wrong at all. He was a wonderful friend to her. In fact Jillian had decided she was letting Reid go again after only ten minutes. She just needed time to breather and figure out how and what she was going to say to him. She isn't a cruel heartless person. She does/did care very much for him and hated to see him hurt anymore than he'd already been.

If you go back and view it as I have you will see that he simply asked her straight forward to the point questions. Are you in love with Reid? After quiet thought from Jillian and no response he then asks, are you excited about Ed on his way at this very moment in the Limo and getting down on his knee and proposing. Jillian responds with a huge blushing smile, yes. Chris then asks are you in love with this man? Jillian responds yes. Chris and you want him to be your husband, deep down inside and Jillian with huge grin, blushing again says yes. Chris then asks and you feel this in your heart without doubt, Jillian says yes again.

CH did not push Ed in her face. I don't get where people come up with or concoct such things. They must not be watching the same video that I am watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623962;
    Not necessarily. By that point it was, too little too late when Reid came back with the proposal. Jill had already made her mind up for several days that it was going to be Ed, and then Reid shows up and presents a risky and complicated alternative, as he had not met her parents, and she was locked in and confident in her choice of Ed up till that moment. And yet, when Reid showed up, she became almost paralyzed to act on what she supposedly was sure was her choice. We know she's stubborn; switching would be a major dose of crazy at that point, think Elaine and Ben in the last scene of "The Graduate", minus the big cross. She couldn't do it, however mixed up her emotions were at the time. So she went with her first plan, Ed, but simple it wasn't.
    One of my favourite films of all time, and one of the very best film endings-- especially that last shot of them on the bus, the moment the excitement dies down and they realize the magnitude of what they've done.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623972;
    Difference being, up until now, CH had a storyline to protect so that we would tune in to the next episode. The season is over now, no need to keep the cat in the bag.

Or maybe he still does. Maybe Reid's return was in the script. If he was willing to do it if he is f1 maybe he was also willing to do it to be the next bachelor or money.

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by computer

I think Reid said it best in his interview. He says that at the RC in Spain she started to look at Ed in a way that made him nervous. He said that was normally the look she gave him. And I think many here noticed that Reid looked a bit sad at the Spain rc, now we know why.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3623909;
    I missed that interview - which one was that from??
    I don't recall seeing that either. It wasn't in the quotes I read of today's interview. I only recall him saying he thought up through the FRC he had no competition. Has only a portion been posted or is there some confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623962;
    Not necessarily. By that point it was, too little too late when Reid came back with the proposal. .
    The poster that I was responding to stated that Jillian only chose Ed because she wanted a proposal (paraphasing). I'm saying that if all she wanted was a proposal then she could have accepted Reid's proposal since (as so many chooses to believe) she really wanted Reid. I happen to know that Ed had Jillian at hello. That just wasn't the case with Reid.
    Last edited by 2observe; 07-29-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Closed Thread