Closed Thread
Page 45 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3623739;
    ----------------

I think Reid said it best in his interview. He says that at the RC in Spain she started to look at Ed in a way that made him nervous. He said that was normally the look she gave him. And I think many here noticed that Reid looked a bit sad at the Spain rc, now we know why.

I missed that interview - which one was that from??
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623898;
    I think she knew for sure she was picking Ed once she let Reid go, that fits with her "almost a week" clue that drove us all crazy. Reid was a big weakness, if you want to call it that; I think she had an extremely strong emotional attachment to him that worried her, because it was indescribeable and she couldn't figure out where it came from, since he wasn't really her physical type, and practically speaking, in her head she knew that Ed was a better fit for her. Yet still the pull from her heart to Reid, and it scared the heck out of her. I think if he had said he loved her earlier, she may have had the guts to keep him longer and see what light her parents might have shed on things. She maybe would still have picked Ed, because he probably is the right choice, and it may work, provided he isn't (or is no longer) a player. But her heart is still not 100% over Reid, and it showed yesterday.
    i think that's a great assessment of the situation - their connection was scary to both reid AND jillian...it was so intense and indescribable it was SCARY! i definitely see that...and her head tells jill he's a good match for her...
    funny that reid assessed it perfectly: she was overthinking...
    i wonder if our heart or our mind makes a better decision...or did jill go with her gut which is usually the right way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3623541;
    ITA.

Their whole discussion was so hard to watch. So many unresolved feelings. So much raw emotion. Ugh. So sad. I could feel their chemistry through my TV screen while they were sitting next to eachother.

I honestly believe that Jillian picked Ed because she wanted a proposal and he was the only one who she knew FOR SURE was going to propose (he basically told her he would and her father). She let Reid go at F3 b/c she didn't want to hurt him at the FRC and he wasn't opening up to her fast enough.

I think Jillian's lust for Ed and tunnel vision about wanting a proposal overshadowed everything else. I think she's going to regret it in the long-run.

As for Reid, I really think he's a sensitive soul. He will find someone someday - and that someone will be way better than Jillian.
    I totally disagree with the bolded statement. Reid DID propose and if she wanted to choose him, she could have said yes to his proposal. Jillian DID NOT want Reid. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3623758;
    I find it hilarious that Ed fans are expected to believe second hand rumours from anonymous friends of the ex-girlfriends, and yet when Jill herself says that she wouldn't have picked anyone but Ed she is called a liar ...talk about a double standard ... whatever!
    Well, I think part of people's irritation is based on the contradiction between what Jillian is saying and what Chris H. is saying. Either Jillian or Chris H. is at least partially lying. One of them is not telling the complete truth, there's no 2 ways around that fact.

So, some believe Jillian when she says it was always Ed or no one. Others believe Chris H. when he says she did have deep feelings for Reid, was tempted by Reid, and he honestly thought at one point during her break to make a decision that she was going to accept Reid's proposal. Others believe neither of them.

Worth noting that Chris H. already said she'd try to spin it so that Ed was always her "only choice" just to protect Ed. Calling Jillian out on her fibs ahead of time, or just making up drama for the show? Everyone has to choose who and what they believe.

FORT Regular

Either Jillian or Chris H. is at least partially lying.
    Weren't people on record here calling Chris a liar a week ago when he wasn't forthright about Reid coming back, about refuting Ed's girlfriends and a variety of other circumstances, saying Chris was a producer and just said what he said for spin/PR/effect? Now that he's saying something that concurs with what they want to hear, Jillian is the liar? (This sounds like I'm saying it rudely. I'm really not! But you can't have it both ways. "You" being the general you, not you specifically, VAgirl79!)

ETA: I'm sure that both of them - CH and Jillian - have fudged the truth for confidentiality/press/emotional purposes at various times throughout this process. My only point above was just because CH says something, does not mean that it should be taken as gospel, as numerous people noted earlier in the season.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 07-29-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3623929;
    I totally disagree with the bolded statement. Reid DID propose and if she wanted to choose him, she could have said yes to his proposal. Jillian DID NOT want Reid. It's that simple.
    Not necessarily. By that point it was, too little too late when Reid came back with the proposal. Jill had already made her mind up for several days that it was going to be Ed, and then Reid shows up and presents a risky and complicated alternative, as he had not met her parents, and she was locked in and confident in her choice of Ed up till that moment. And yet, when Reid showed up, she became almost paralyzed to act on what she supposedly was sure was her choice. We know she's stubborn; switching would be a major dose of crazy at that point, think Elaine and Ben in the last scene of "The Graduate", minus the big cross. She couldn't do it, however mixed up her emotions were at the time. So she went with her first plan, Ed, but simple it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3623957;
    Weren't people on record here calling Chris a liar a week ago when he wasn't forthright about Reid coming back, about refuting Ed's girlfriends and a variety of other circumstances, saying Chris was a producer and just said what he said for spin/PR/effect? Now that he's saying something that concurs with what they want to hear, Jillian is the liar? (This sounds like I'm saying it rudely. I'm really not! But you can't have it both ways. "You" being the general you, not you specifically, VAgirl79!)

ETA: I'm sure that both of them - CH and Jillian - have fudged the truth for confidentiality/press/emotional purposes at various times throughout this process. My only point above was just because CH says something, does not mean that it should be taken as gospel, as numerous people noted earlier in the season.
    Difference being, up until now, CH had a storyline to protect so that we would tune in to the next episode. The season is over now, no need to keep the cat in the bag.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=freelancergirl;3623957;]Weren't people on record here calling Chris a liar a week ago when he wasn't forthright about Reid coming back, about refuting Ed's girlfriends and a variety of other circumstances, saying Chris was a producer and just said what he said for spin/PR/effect? Now that he's saying something that concurs with what they want to hear, Jillian is the liar? (This sounds like I'm saying it rudely. I'm really not! But you can't have it both ways. "You" being the general you, not you specifically, VAgirl79!)

ETA: I'm sure that both of them - CH and Jillian - have fudged the truth for confidentiality/press/emotional purposes at various times throughout this process. My only point above was just because CH says something, does not mean that it should be taken as gospel, as numerous people noted earlier in the season.[/QUOTE]

ITA last night he said that Jason and Molly are palnning a wedding, they aren't even engaged. He always like to fluff and whitewash stuff.

FORT Regular

Difference being, up until now, CH had a storyline to protect so that we would tune in to the next episode. The season is over now, no need to keep the cat in the bag.
    Not if they're trying to set Reid up for the Bachelor - makes him look a lot less spurned (and less humiliated) if Chris justifies it. (To be clear, I don't think he humiliated himself, but plenty of people think that he shouldn't have come back and that he did himself a disservice on last night's ATFR.) Also, not if they're hearing flack for all of the over-production of the season, which they are. Plenty of websites and blogs are talking about the behind-the-scenes manipulation, and if CH wanted to demonstrate that this show is "real" and "genuine," he's certainly not going to say that Jillian already knew of her decision and the producers prodded him to come back and oh, guess what, she wasn't really in love with three guys but had to say that to the camera because that's what the show demands.

Or yeah, maybe it was just hard for her to turn Reid down again. I don't really know. But my point is that there is probably a middle ground somewhere between what CH is saying and what Jillian is saying. Everyone is protecting his/her best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3623957;
    The same holds true for Jillian as well, which is partially my point. She's all over the place in the interviews I'm reading summaries of now. It was always Ed, no it was Ed in Spain, no it was Ed after the F3-F2 rose ceremony, etc. It's not just her statements contradicting Chris H.'s, it's her statements contradicting her own statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623972;
    Bingo. What precisely is Chris H.'s point for lying now? The show is over. Finito. Not coming back until January. No more ABC interviews scheduled, nothing. So, he's just throwing his "good friend" under the bus for the heck of it? I personally do not believe so.

ETA: Plus there's the fact that Chris tends to be generally more honest after a season has finished airing. I can't remember off the top of my head who this was about, but I remember he always said nice things about some couple or person, and after time went by, he made it fairly clear they weren't all that and a bag of chips. Maybe someone besides me remembers this?
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 07-29-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Closed Thread