Closed Thread
Page 44 of 210 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxie;3623810;
    I really think that it's a bug fat bunch of baloney. This happens everytime the favorite isn't the chosen one. It is really and truly sad. Unfortunately there are many people who have forgotten that this was about what Jillian 's heart, her life and what she was feeling. When Reid came back I saw a woman who was very overwhelmed because it had been so hard to let him go. Did she love him, absolutely. Was he the one? Oblviously not. There were many unresolved feelings after just having broken up.

When CH talked with her and had asked her those questions regarding Ed I knew just looking at her face that she was madly in love with him. But it doesn't mean she didn't love Reid, or feel the loss of the relationship. It just meant that he was not meant to be the one.
    IMHO it was WRONG for Chris to be pushing Ed at that point. She should have been left alone to make her own decision by herself. Chris used to be part of the woodwork. All of a sudden he is out there asking pushy questions to influence the final decision?

Personally, I've taken a page from Kip's playbook. Who am I to judge, if Kip, who was up close, very personal and suffered personal heartache can say:

Iíve seen a lot of her interviews and she looks genuinely happy, so that gives me closure. I really do want the best for her, so to hear that sheís absolutely in love and on cloud nine and excited about the future makes it easier for me to be ok with how it ended.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3623839;
    Personally, I've taken a page from Kip's playbook. Who am I to judge, if Kip, who was up close, very personal and suffered personal heartache can say:
    Perfect post!

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3623827;
    Exactly, she knew for a long time that Ed was her chosen one ... she also had a weakness for Reid ... however, she knew it wouldn't last with Reid in the long run and therefore, I believe she would have walked away empty handed.
    She knew it wouldn't last with Reid in the long run? How do you or Jillian know that it is going to last with Ed in the long run? Ed is the one who chose to leave her. Reid did NOT choose to leave her--it was she who sent him away! Reid is far more stable and steady than Ed who just started a new job at age 29. Reid is one of the top 100 realtors in the nation and would have been a fantastic "catch" for Jilly. She will be bored to tears with Ed in a couple of months!

FORT Regular

Just logged on after being at work all day. Does anyone remember in May when we had one of our first reports of Ed having broken up with a long-time serious girlfriend who was still a friend and they went to family events together? Well, it seems just a possibility that he is capable of being a good boyfriend in a long term relationship and that his actions that prove otherwise are all from a relatively short time span, notably the period after the serious relationship ended. If he had truly been the cad to the serious girlfriend that he was to the other girls, would she have remained his friend and attended family events with him? I am just saying that sometimes people go through a bad time and do things they would not otherwise do. I want to give Jillian and Ed the benefit of the doubt and wish them the best.
    I was just coming on here to post this. Ed obviously has the capacity to be a great boyfriend, and I can only hope he does that for Jillian. From everything I've seen, he will be. As far as Reid? Well, Jillian's happy - I wish that he could see that, accept it and move on. The nature of this show is that you get led on, you risk looking vulnerable and foolish, and I'm sorry it happened to him, but again, that's what you sign up for as a contestant. Jillian and Ed seem GIDDY in their media rounds, and I dunno, it feels like that should just put everything to rest for now. Clearly, these rumors - and yes, they were/are rumors because whether or not SOME carried weight, many from this season did NOT (especially the one about there being no love story, nor did the one about Ed getting banned from a bar) - colored a lot of how people view the two of them, but they're happy, and as Kip said, that's what counts.

And props to Kip. I thought he was sort of vanilla all season, but have nothing but admiration and love for him in his interviews. What grace.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 07-29-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3623839;

I’ve seen a lot of her interviews and she looks genuinely happy, so that gives me closure. I really do want the best for her, so to hear that she’s absolutely in love and on cloud nine and excited about the future makes it easier for me to be ok with how it ended.

I saw this somewhere, however, I just had a thought. I'm going to post this in the Last Thoughts Thread, if you don't mind Canes?

Thanks for posting it for all to see. I wish everyone would feel that way.

Just watched an Access Hollywood video of Jill and Ed courtesy of a link at JU. She's all happy and bouncy, he's himself (ie awkward in front of the cameras). She said she wants the wedding in Canada and looked Ed in deference to see what he thought, he was emotionless. She's excited to move to Chitown and go back to work, they're planning to spend the month together and then she's definitely moving she says. Good for them if this is for real
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3623827;
    Exactly, she knew for a long time that Ed was her chosen one ... she also had a weakness for Reid ... however, she knew it wouldn't last with Reid in the long run and therefore, I believe she would have walked away empty handed.
    I think she knew for sure she was picking Ed once she let Reid go, that fits with her "almost a week" clue that drove us all crazy. Reid was a big weakness, if you want to call it that; I think she had an extremely strong emotional attachment to him that worried her, because it was indescribable and she couldn't figure out where it came from, since he wasn't really her physical type, and practically speaking, in her head she knew that Ed was a better fit for her. Yet still the pull from her heart to Reid, and it scared the heck out of her. I think if he had said he loved her earlier, she may have had the guts to keep him longer and see what light her parents might have shed on things. She maybe would still have picked Ed, because he probably is the right choice, and it may work, provided he isn't (or is no longer) a player. But her heart is still not 100% over Reid, and it showed yesterday.
    Last edited by ironcat; 07-29-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Q. You never really got involved in the Wes drama on the show. Whatís your take on it?
    A. Kiptyn: I was close with both Jake and Wes even though they were both different people. I donít ever want to take sides, but I will say that I think Wes was a much better guy than I think was communicated. Jill was a smart woman who gets a really good read on people, and there has to be a reason for all her decisions. Wes, while he was there, was good to all the guys, and Iím not going to say that I would hook him up with my own sister (who isnít single), but he was much better than he was portrayed.

I found these an interesting statements from Kip. I think Wes got screwed big time this season.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

"..... he was emotionless."

Yup! That says it all--he was emotionless! Jilly! Jilly! Jilly!

Closed Thread