Closed Thread
Page 23 of 210 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by bigfandd;3622897;
    I haven't gotten to see the interview yet. I taped it yet but if that is how she acted I agree with you. She completely melted into Reid at the FRC and was considering his proposal. She can back track now to make Ed feel better but we all saw the what happened. JMHO....
    She may have momentarily melted with Reid, but there is NO WAY she could have let Ed go at that point. She is even saying that when it came down to f3 she knew she could never let him go. Bottom line: Jillian chose Ed, not Reid. Everyone is happy and needs to move on!

Since so many threads are closed, wasn't sure where to post this. It came to me in thinking about the outcome that it makes me think what the ending of "The Graduate" would have been like if Elaine had gone ahead and married Carl Smith instead of running off with Ben (Dustin Hoffman). So many parallels, down to the scruffy appearance of the hero trying to whisk her away, and the questionable "ladies' man" rep of the groom. Also the fact that Reid was running on pure emotion, not knowing what the plan was, but just thinking that they were so right together, it had to somehow work out in the end for them as a couple. Since I hoped for the satisfying movie ending (even though I knew in advance it wasn't happening), maybe that's why it's still such a letdown.

On R & K, Ed clarified that they had seen each other every 2 weeks in LA for 5 days at a time. So not what people inferred from ATFR.

If CH is to be believed on his blog, there was no way Jill's head was clear enough to make a decision at FRC. It sounds like her heart was still torn between Ed and Reid, which surprised her, even though her head told her (and probably correctly) that Ed was the best match on paper for her. If it works out for them, great, but it might have been wiser to take the time to resolve her feelings for Reid, which I still believe she hasn't done. I don't know if her strategy of burrowing into Ed to the exclusion of all else is going to work or not; time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3622838;
    Okay I call BS! I just saw Jillian and Ed on GMA. She is having some revisionist history regarding Reid. When she was asked about how it felt when Reid came back, she put a lot of words out there, but essentially acted as though her emotional reaction was more about figuring out how to turn him down. She even made it seem that she was a bit annoyed or disheartened when she saw him. Ooookkkkaaayyyy - you put your hand over your heart for someone you aren't happy to see. BS BS BS!

We know this answer is BS based on CH's blog today. At least this should help Reid hate her and get over her quicker.

I must say Ed handled the question about Reid with class. I'm starting to like Ed more and Jillian less!
    My take on this:
    a) She's trying to save Ed's feelings (he is her fiance after all)
    b) She doesn't want to admit to herself the depth of feeling she had for Reid

From the previously posted LA Times article....

There are other gender issues that come into play for a “Bachelorette” as well, especially regarding sex. When a bachelor spends three nights in succession with different women, he doesn’t appear as promiscuous as a bachelorette who does the same, Harris believes.

“I’m a grown woman. I am looking for the man of my dreams. I am not a virgin. And if I feel like I’m falling for somebody, I’m going to do what I think is appropriate,” she said. “If I have sex with somebody, it’s not a dirty thing. I don’t think it should be frowned upon.”

This quote might help explain why Reid was still upset at the ATFR... and probably why he wanted to ask her about their time together in the FS. Obviously, Jill takes a more casual approach to having sex... and Reid doesn't. He probably felt their night in the FS was special and unique and meant something to their future relationship. As Reid watched the show unfold, I can totally understand why it would be a mild shock to learn that it was not a unique experience for Jillian. By the time he got a chance to ask her about it on the ATFR show... you could tell he wanted some kind of explanation (hence the FS question)... but in the end, knew he couldn't go there on national television. After reading that article, I actually have more respect for Reid... and Jillian... not so much.

Originally Posted by bigfandd
    I haven't gotten to see the interview yet. I taped it yet but if that is how she acted I agree with you. She completely melted into Reid at the FRC and was considering his proposal. She can back track now to make Ed feel better but we all saw the what happened. JMHO....
    She was not considering his proposal, she clearly stated on GMA this morning, she needed time to think about the situation and how to handle it. That is why she had to leave the podium.

My take on this:
    a) She's trying to save Ed's feelings (he is her fiance after all)
    b) She doesn't want to admit to herself the depth of feeling she had for Reid
    She's trying to be gentle in a sensative situation for Reid and Kip's sake which takes alot of class. What she has admitted to is she is totally in love with Ed. Otherwise she would have choosen Reid if he in fact is the one she wanted.

It's been a wonderful love story right from the begining! I look forward to seeing more of them in the media. GMA and Regis and Kelly were great. He has no problem displaying his affection towards her.

it is crazy man. some of us think it is so wonderful to have more than one person in love with you. not. this show is a soap opera. i guess that is why we all watch. too boring to have one man you go ga ga over and date on tv. none of us would watch. humans love drama and it sure is safer for us in tv land.

Just saw the interviews from this morning and I was not surprised to hear that Ed and Jillian's "quality" time together consisted of the pool, eating and drinking. They moved from one fantasy party land to another. I can't help but think that Jillian chose her physical ideal guy, but not neccessarily her emotional ideal. The only way they will know if they connect on that level is when they get out in the real world, especially back in Chicago - in Ed's element. I fear things may go south there. I still believe that Reid and her connected best in both the emotional and the physical aspects of their relationship.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3622969;
    She was not considering his proposal, she clearly stated on GMA this morning, she needed time to think about the situation and how to handle it. That is why she had to leave the podium.
    That does not jive with CH's blog today. I can understand that she wants to spare her fiance's feelings but that seems like a fabrication based on what CH writes today.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3622838;
    Okay I call BS! I just saw Jillian and Ed on GMA. She is having some revisionist history regarding Reid. When she was asked about how it felt when Reid came back, she put a lot of words out there, but essentially acted as though her emotional reaction was more about figuring out how to turn him down. She even made it seem that she was a bit annoyed or disheartened when she saw him. Ooookkkkaaayyyy - you put your hand over your heart for someone you aren't happy to see. BS BS BS!

We know this answer is BS based on CH's blog today. At least this should help Reid hate her and get over her quicker.

I must say Ed handled the question about Reid with class. I'm starting to like Ed more and Jillian less!
    I agree about seeing a more personable side to Ed. The poor eye contact thing would drive me NUTS but he seemed less wooden and a bit more comfortable and real. I dont know about the "backtracking" -- I doubt she can remember all that she said and to whom. And no matter what she said, she let Reid go twice and picked Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3622975;
    That does not jive with CH's blog today. I can understand that she wants to spare her fiance's feelings but that seems like a fabrication based on what CH writes today.
    I agree. And why would it take over an hour for her to decide how to let Reid down. She just let Kiptyn go, she could have done the same with Reid.

Closed Thread