Closed Thread
Page 208 of 210 FirstFirst ... 108158198199200201202203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

  1. #2071
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3632569 View Post
    I do see what you are saying - you are interpreting what they are saying, which is fine. But why does this hold any more water than others making deductions on what the ex-gfs or others close to the Ed situation have told them? Will you give the exes the same benefit if they do come out and make their statements about what they were told by Ed?
    Yes - IF I read an interview where these girls are the ones saying it - not a "source", not a friend of a friend - then as I stated in my original post - I will give credibility to what they have to say. But I would still say it is up to Jillian to choose what to believe. She has read the message boards - she knows as much as you and I do - I am sure of this.

    Why keep up the farce if it is only for the show. Why spend the time in LA together after filming. Ed could have said he was too busy at work and it would have been plausible based on him leaving mid-season. They did not have to be out and about all over the country this week. Jill could have gone home to "get ready to move" and help Tori get ready for her wedding instead of going to Chicago and Ed's family reunion. Why would Ed risk taking her to the Blue Frog if it was true? If he goes there all the time and obviously with these girls since one of the "friends" called themselves Bluefrog and claimed to be a regular there as well - why would Ed risk a confrontation there? That makes NO sense to me. If this is all true and this girl and her friends are so upset that they are going to the national media - why not go there? Ask any woman out there and I bet she would say her first course of action would be to show up wherever they went and be in their faces all the time.

    I just don't think this is any of our business. It is up to JILLIAN - not me.

  2. #2072
    FORT Fanatic Pdilly1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    673

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3632661;
    Yes - IF I read an interview where these girls are the ones saying it - not a "source", not a friend of a friend - then as I stated in my original post - I will give credibility to what they have to say. But I would still say it is up to Jillian to choose what to believe. She has read the message boards - she knows as much as you and I do - I am sure of this.

    Why keep up the farce if it is only for the show. Why spend the time in LA together after filming. Ed could have said he was too busy at work and it would have been plausible based on him leaving mid-season. They did not have to be out and about all over the country this week. Jill could have gone home to "get ready to move" and help Tori get ready for her wedding instead of going to Chicago and Ed's family reunion. Why would Ed risk taking her to the Blue Frog if it was true? If he goes there all the time and obviously with these girls since one of the "friends" called themselves Bluefrog and claimed to be a regular there as well - why would Ed risk a confrontation there? That makes NO sense to me. If this is all true and this girl and her friends are so upset that they are going to the national media - why not go there? Ask any woman out there and I bet she would say her first course of action would be to show up wherever they went and be in their faces all the time.

    I just don't think this is any of our business. It is up to JILLIAN - not me.
    I agree with you. There is so much we don't know and people are jumping to all sorts of conclusions. Every show the back lash is so strong no matter what happens. Its amazing they can even find someone to star on the show. Maybe those that are complaining could try being on the next show so we could critic them.

  3. #2073
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3632493;
    From what I can understand, some people are suggesting the only person they will believe is Ed. If Ed says it isn't true then it isn't true. If the ex-girlfriend says it's true then she is petty, jealous, and lying. It has also been suggested she is ugly, psychotic, can't take no for an answer, and only went out with him once or twice.

    I think, and this has been true in my experience, if you expect the player to tell the truth about his girlfriends and ex-girlfriends then you'll be fooled like all the other fools before you.
    Actually, that's NOT what some of us are saying. What we're trying to do is keep an open, FAIR, mind to all of these "rumors" out there. My husband is a Software Developer Manager for an int'l company. He and I just had a nice talk about how to impersonate someone else when sending emails, how to change the sender's name, date stamp, and even the IP address that it's being sent from. In his words, "it's not that hard".

    Anyways...everyone here is so quick to accept what has been said "as fact". Let me point something that has been completely overlooked or perhaps ignored b/c s/he (supposedly) knew so much more. In post 2904 of the Ed spoilers thread (dated 6/24/09), Blue Frog made the following quote:

    Maybe he told them from the beginning that she wasn't his type and he wanted to leave. They then concocted a storyline that the romantic women wanted to see. He plays along, is assured he won't get picked if he comes back, his job lets him go back since he'd told them he was going to be gone for awhile previously anyway, gets paid, and everyone's happy. What does everyone think? Sounds plausible to me.
    Earlier that day, s/he also said in post 2895 of the Ed spoiler thread:

    Well, that's what I'm saying! Is EVERY one of these guys attracted to Jillian? Maybe Ed decided that he wasn't and wanted to get back to his job. Then, ABC called, gave him an offer he couldn't refuse to put some romance into the show (while assuring him he wouldn't be F1), told him that they'd make it worth his while to come back and that's why he did. What do you think?
    Funny, s/he seemed so convinced at the time that s/he knew what was going on that they reiterated it twice. Only...if Ed was assured that he wouldn't be chosen...then WHY WAS HE CHOSEN AS F1???

    Some things just don't make sense. And when they don't make sense, I question them. There was a post that IMPLIED that Ed had been banned from the Blue Frog for urinating outside the bar and assaulting the bouncer. However, I came upon some information at JU, asked some questions, and found out FOR CERTAIN that it was not true. Now, there were some who were so quick to discount the information I posted and that's fine and that's their perogative...but why am I not afforded the same courtesy without being called A FOOL for keeping an open mind. :nono

    There are some of us who have noticed holes in theories, posted information, and innuendos that have been made. Not that I should have to say this, but this is why I remain skeptical. And frankly, I am SO TIRED of the insinuations that when we don't follow the group, there's something wrong with us. And you know what, that's fine. I have no problem standing tall at the end of the day, knowing I made my own determinations because not ALL of us choose to hang the guilty without a fair trial.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  4. #2074
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3632661;
    Yes - IF I read an interview where these girls are the ones saying it - not a "source", not a friend of a friend - then as I stated in my original post - I will give credibility to what they have to say. But I would still say it is up to Jillian to choose what to believe. She has read the message boards - she knows as much as you and I do - I am sure of this.

    Why keep up the farce if it is only for the show. Why spend the time in LA together after filming. Ed could have said he was too busy at work and it would have been plausible based on him leaving mid-season. They did not have to be out and about all over the country this week. Jill could have gone home to "get ready to move" and help Tori get ready for her wedding instead of going to Chicago and Ed's family reunion. Why would Ed risk taking her to the Blue Frog if it was true? If he goes there all the time and obviously with these girls since one of the "friends" called themselves Bluefrog and claimed to be a regular there as well - why would Ed risk a confrontation there? That makes NO sense to me. If this is all true and this girl and her friends are so upset that they are going to the national media - why not go there? Ask any woman out there and I bet she would say her first course of action would be to show up wherever they went and be in their faces all the time.

    I just don't think this is any of our business. It is up to JILLIAN - not me.
    IA. This is not a farce or if it is, it is not making any sense why they're being so serious about it and she's already living in Chi with him according to her interview with GDLA. No idea why but they're clearly trying to make it work and are in love or at least think they are.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #2075
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    The only problem with that analysis Cape is that my understanding is that they are still under contract to the show. And other couples have essentially admitted to faking it after the show. So the inference is that if you end the show choosing someone that it is expected that you carry on that relationship for a certain period of time after the ATR even if you can't stand each other by that time. Or at least hide any break up. In Jason's case he switched F2 for F1 and ABC got a dramatic ATR and they still got a relationship out of the deal. So now people were more inclined to watch the ATR this year because they thought maybe the show wasn't finished.

    Someone mentioned that the bachelor/bachelorette gets more money if there is a proposal and engagement, maybe that extends to F1 as well, because that is ABC's best case scenario.

    Having said this I think Jillian is for real, but I honestly can't say whether Ed is at this point in time, because my fake meter told me Ed was playing the game.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-02-2009 at 05:03 PM.

  6. #2076
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3632498;
    This is excellent advice...

    I wrote out today what I know about Jillian and Ed based on interviews THEY have given during and after the show...anything else is pure rumor...until these alleged girlfriends are willing to go public with their story with legitimate media and with their own version of the facts instead of something heard from the friend of friend and cited as "sources" everything else is just RUMOR....

    for those of you who don't agree - just look rumor up in the dictionary: 1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
    2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

    These are facts that are in the media:
    Ed and Jillian are very happy and spending time with family and friends. They are looking forward to Tori's wedding and spending time with Jillian's family after spending this weekend with Ed's.

    For Jillian, it was Ed and never Reid or Kip. She had very strong feelings for both of them and it was VERY hard for her to break their hearts. She had prepared herself to see Kip at the FRC but when Reid came it was too much for her and she lost her composure. It was hot, she felt like she was going to pass out and she freaked out about how to handle the situation. Chris helped her focus and told her to stay focused on Ed and go out there and talk to Reid. It was hard for her b/c she did not have a chance to think about how she was going to phrase things with Reid. On the show and even in real life when you are breaking someone's heart you usually think about what you are going to say before you say it to make it as easy on the other person as possible and since Reid showed up unexpectedly she didn't get that chance.

    She reads the blogs and message boards and is aware of all the information and rumors swirling about. They have discussed them and they are not an issue in their relationship. Ed did not have a girlfriend during filming. This is a private matter between them and does not concern bloggers, people on the message boards or the media. It makes her very sad that some people so intent on seeing her and Ed break up. They are very much in love and have spent a lot of time together since the show ended. They are both committed to their relationship.

    They now plan on focusing on their future and are putting all the rumors and crap from the show behind them and wish that everyone else would do the same.
    Thanks Cape.

  7. #2077
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3632406;
    What an excellent concept -- a women code! While we are at it let's make sure we add the following inclusions in this virtual "woman code".

    As starters . . .

    Do Not . . . .
    -Be a gossip monger.
    -Repeat information which is unsubstantiated . . . over, and over, over again ad nauseam.
    -Intentionally make other (ANY) women look bad through lies and gossip
    -Pretend to be best friends with a woman yet blabbing her personal life to others and or on the Internet.
    -Forward and/or share your best friends personal emails and text messages to/with 3rd parties (or the Internet).
    -Throw a temper tantrum when others don't believe your rumors.
    -Resort to high school or "mean girl" tactics when you don't like what other women say or when they don’t share your opinion.
    -Interfere in your friend's life.
    -Sell out by consulting with Reality Steve et al on any issue whatsoever.

    Do . . . .
    -Say something of value and/or use constructive criticism when speaking with your women friends.
    -Reach out to your fellow females in need, without judging her and rather offer your outreached hand -- not the back of your hand.
    -Always be there for your friend.
    -Listen to your friend's side of the story.
    -Intervene in her life only when it is a true emergency but check out the facts first.

    JMO
    Thanks Mini, I'm going to save this for the Season's rumor mill.

  8. #2078
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    421

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3632671;
    Actually, that's NOT what some of us are saying. What we're trying to do is keep an open, FAIR, mind to all of these "rumors" out there. My husband is a Software Developer Manager for an int'l company. He and I just had a nice talk about how to impersonate someone else when sending emails, how to change the sender's name, date stamp, and even the IP address that it's being sent from. In his words, "it's not that hard".

    Anyways...everyone here is so quick to accept what has been said "as fact". Let me point something that has been completely overlooked or perhaps ignored b/c s/he (supposedly) knew so much more. In post 2904 of the Ed spoilers thread (dated 6/24/09), Blue Frog made the following quote:



    Earlier that day, s/he also said in post 2895 of the Ed spoiler thread:



    Funny, s/he seemed so convinced at the time that s/he knew what was going on that they reiterated it twice. Only...if Ed was assured that he wouldn't be chosen...then WHY WAS HE CHOSEN AS F1???

    Some things just don't make sense. And when they don't make sense, I question them. There was a post that IMPLIED that Ed had been banned from the Blue Frog for urinating outside the bar and assaulting the bouncer. However, I came upon some information at JU, asked some questions, and found out FOR CERTAIN that it was not true. Now, there were some who were so quick to discount the information I posted and that's fine and that's their perogative...but why am I not afforded the same courtesy without being called A FOOL for keeping an open mind. :nono

    There are some of us who have noticed holes in theories, posted information, and innuendos that have been made. Not that I should have to say this, but this is why I remain skeptical. And frankly, I am SO TIRED of the insinuations that when we don't follow the group, there's something wrong with us. And you know what, that's fine. I have no problem standing tall at the end of the day, knowing I made my own determinations because not ALL of us choose to hang the guilty without a fair trial.
    Hey I'm a live and let live kind of girl....and it would be boring if we all believed the same thing.

    I like the discussions, and if I'm wrong about Ed, I will happily admit it and eat a big ol' plate of crow! We'd all have no reason to be here if we weren't discussing.

  9. #2079
    FORT Fanatic gruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    475

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3632686;
    The only problem with that analysis Cape is that my understanding is that they are still under contract to the show. And other couples have essentially admitted to faking it after the show. So the inference is that if you end the show choosing someone that it is expected that you carry on that relationship for a certain period of time after the ATR even if you can't stand each other by that time. Or at least hide any break up. In Jason's case he switched F2 for F1 and ABC got a dramatic ATR and they still got a relationship out of the deal. So now people were more inclined to watch the ATR this year because they thought maybe the show wasn't finished.

    Someone mentioned that the bachelor/bachelorette gets more money if there is a proposal and engagement, maybe that extends to F1 as well, because that is ABC's best case scenario.

    Having said this I think Jillian is for real, but I honestly can't say whether Ed is at this point in time, because my fake meter told me Ed was playing the game.
    If in fact Jillian is already living in Chicago, I think that there should be "combat" pay, if they aren't the real thing!

  10. #2080
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3632672;
    IA. This is not a farce or if it is, it is not making any sense why they're being so serious about it and she's already living in Chi with him according to her interview with GDLA. No idea why but they're clearly trying to make it work and are in love or at least think they are.
    Alanna ~ I'm not questioning you because I haven't read or seen any of Ed & Jillian's interviews as I think it's a farce. Regardless, I thought I read on here that Jillian was moving to Chicago in September? I thought she was with him in Chicago this week after the few interviews they had given as a couple, but hadn't moved there yet?
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.