Closed Thread
Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Poor Ed. The gossip is taking a different turn at one Chicago gossip site. What price fame indeed. Never mind that appears to be old news, they just must not like Ed that much.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-02-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Interesting article on reality shows in general, I think the title saids a mouthful
    TV Contestants: Tired, Tipsy and Pushed to Brink
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/bu...ewanted=2&_r=2

Though I sometimes watch it I never understand the rationale of Hell's Kitchen in terms of all the yelling and pushing people to the brink. People are getting hurt this season.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3632204;
    I haven't posted much over here but I'll be posting more now because this information is deleted within a minute of being posted on the ABC boards. ABC has really gone over the line with this mess. I had heard that they normally inform the Bachelorette if it looks like the person they're about to choose is scum. So do you think they threw Jill under the bus on purpose?
    Yup, the ABC boards have really gone down the tubes. I lost my name after having it for one year, for posting the radaronline story about Ed.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3632448;
    Poor Ed. The gossip is taking a different turn at one Chicago gossip site. What price fame indeed. Never mind that appears to be old news, they just must not like Ed that much.
    what are they saying? can you link me?

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3632448;
    Yes...please post. . .would like to read it
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tfsouth74;3630348;
    The post saying a handler would have gone: I guess the operative words are "with intent to return". If they thought he was gone for good at that point, and it may never really get confirmed for us, then he went alone. I always thought it rather odd that from the moment Ed came back, on screen, there was no discussion of what happened. We saw nothing of her asking him how things worked out, what happened with work, anything. When they were sitting on the couch, I expected a big Q&A session and there was nothing. Lot of hedging and hawing on his part and she seemed to let it ride.

In any case, as someone said, if there is a shred of truth to any of this, it has/will be very difficult for Jillian. Sure you buy into the idea that doing this show throws your life into the public sector to be analyzed, stripped and cast in any kind of shadow, but it's still her life and her decision. The decision was agonizing apparently to begin with. But then she would have to admit after all to the world that she had been duped or made the wrong decision, that all her rationalizations to try and make her decision be the right one were going up in smoke, and she lost what she so desperately wanted: marriage, commitment, etc. I watched my father growing up excuse, rationalize and forgive my mom's outburst, cruelties and general behavior to try and salvage a "home" and it broke my heart. I hope for her sake, Jillian isn't doing the same. She deserves better. I didn't even like Ed, but I almost hope that he couldn't have been that arrogant and deceiving to her. He gives us Chicagoans a bad name.
    You are so good at expressing your opinion. I grew up in a similar situation to you, I know my father meant well, but we had to grow up with a severely mentally ill mother. Then, when I got married, you guessed it, I chose someone who was also mentally ill, but I did not know it, because I did not date him long enough before, to find out. Then My children suffered, until I left him.
    My point is, Jillian cut your lossed and leave NOW if all this turns out to be true, or even most of it. Your FUTURE children deserve better! Listen to this poster and I!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3632406 View Post
    What an excellent concept -- a women code! While we are at it let's make sure we add the following inclusions in this virtual "woman code".

As starters . . .

Do Not . . . .
    -Be a gossip monger.
    -Repeat information which is unsubstantiated . . . over, and over, over again ad nauseam.
    -Intentionally make other (ANY) women look bad through lies and gossip
    -Pretend to be best friends with a woman yet blabbing her personal life to others and or on the Internet.
    -Forward and/or share your best friends personal emails and text messages to/with 3rd parties (or the Internet).
    -Throw a temper tantrum when others don't believe your rumors.
    -Resort to high school or "mean girl" tactics when you don't like what other women say or when they donít share your opinion.
    -Interfere in your friend's life.
    -Sell out by consulting with Reality Steve et al on any issue whatsoever.

Do . . . .
    -Say something of value and/or use constructive criticism when speaking with your women friends.
    -Reach out to your fellow females in need, without judging her and rather offer your outreached hand -- not the back of your hand.
    -Always be there for your friend.
    -Listen to your friend's side of the story.
    -Intervene in her life only when it is a true emergency but check out the facts first.

JMO
    This is excellent advice...

I wrote out today what I know about Jillian and Ed based on interviews THEY have given during and after the show...anything else is pure rumor...until these alleged girlfriends are willing to go public with their story with legitimate media and with their own version of the facts instead of something heard from the friend of friend and cited as "sources" everything else is just RUMOR....

for those of you who don't agree - just look rumor up in the dictionary: 1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
    2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

These are facts that are in the media:
    Ed and Jillian are very happy and spending time with family and friends. They are looking forward to Tori's wedding and spending time with Jillian's family after spending this weekend with Ed's.

For Jillian, it was Ed and never Reid or Kip. She had very strong feelings for both of them and it was VERY hard for her to break their hearts. She had prepared herself to see Kip at the FRC but when Reid came it was too much for her and she lost her composure. It was hot, she felt like she was going to pass out and she freaked out about how to handle the situation. Chris helped her focus and told her to stay focused on Ed and go out there and talk to Reid. It was hard for her b/c she did not have a chance to think about how she was going to phrase things with Reid. On the show and even in real life when you are breaking someone's heart you usually think about what you are going to say before you say it to make it as easy on the other person as possible and since Reid showed up unexpectedly she didn't get that chance.

She reads the blogs and message boards and is aware of all the information and rumors swirling about. They have discussed them and they are not an issue in their relationship. Ed did not have a girlfriend during filming. This is a private matter between them and does not concern bloggers, people on the message boards or the media. It makes her very sad that some people so intent on seeing her and Ed break up. They are very much in love and have spent a lot of time together since the show ended. They are both committed to their relationship.

They now plan on focusing on their future and are putting all the rumors and crap from the show behind them and wish that everyone else would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3632406;
    What an excellent concept -- a women code! While we are at it let's make sure we add the following inclusions in this virtual "woman code".

As starters . . .

Do Not . . . .
    -Be a gossip monger.
    -Repeat information which is unsubstantiated . . . over, and over, over again ad nauseam.
    -Intentionally make other (ANY) women look bad through lies and gossip
    -Pretend to be best friends with a woman yet blabbing her personal life to others and or on the Internet.
    -Forward and/or share your best friends personal emails and text messages to/with 3rd parties (or the Internet).
    -Throw a temper tantrum when others don't believe your rumors.
    -Resort to high school or "mean girl" tactics when you don't like what other women say or when they don’t share your opinion.
    -Interfere in your friend's life.
    -Sell out by consulting with Reality Steve et al on any issue whatsoever.

Do . . . .
    -Say something of value and/or use constructive criticism when speaking with your women friends.
    -Reach out to your fellow females in need, without judging her and rather offer your outreached hand -- not the back of your hand.
    -Always be there for your friend.
    -Listen to your friend's side of the story.
    -Intervene in her life only when it is a true emergency but check out the facts first.

JMO
    Excellent list!!

Women have to realize that supporting a friend/fellow woman DOESN'T mean egging on anger, insanity, or vengance, or hanging onto negative feelings & actions that can only hurt others.

Sometimes being a friend doesn't mean holding onto their bitter grudges with them. It means letting go with them
    Sometimes it means telling them what they NEED to hear, not what they WANT to hear.

We have to be willing to say to other women: "It's time to let go." & "Move on with your life." This is something that all women need to hear when a relationship is dead & gone.

Bitterness hurts the one who holds onto it FAR more than it hurts the one to whom it's directed.
    Don't ask me how I know this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Regular

I believe something was up with Ed during the filming of the show. I also think Jillian knows exactly what it was, does not care, and wants to be with Ed no matter what. That's their business, that's her choice and not mine. The only reason why I think it needs to come out to the open is to teach TPTB a lesson. I am not a Wes fan but he was totally screwed. Never in the history of this show has someone been shown in such a negative light. If the edited Wes story was based on the real life Ed story it should be public information. Then maybe, just maybe producers of reality TV will not be so callous with the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3632511 View Post
    This was all in interviews they gave? I would love to read them (not being snarky, I'm being serious) - is that word for word or how you interpreted?
    This is my interpretation of several interviews:

1. She said she reads all the blogs and message boards - she doesn't understand how people can't post such hateful things and then have a good day.
    2. She has stated none of the guys had girlfriends while filiming
    3. Ed has said he did not leave b/c of a girlfriend - in an interview with Jillian
    4. Jillian has said they have discussed everything under the sun and nothing is off limits with them.
    5. They both talk about how they are very committed to the relationship and are commited to their future
    6. Jillian said in an interview she didn't care if a guy had a girlfriend when they met as long as he committed to her and moved forward with her.

It is out there in both print and tv interviews - a combo of a lot of them put together - They are all posted here or in the Ed thread.

Closed Thread