Closed Thread
Page 205 of 210 FirstFirst ... 105155195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2095

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Media Thread - Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by suza19;3632190;
    ITA, fantastic post!!!

What I love about this show is the aftermath, esp being patient enough for the truth to be revealed. So the next week will be interesting!
    And if the truth is that Ed has been cheating I will not shed a tear, guys like this need to know that this kind of behaviour is not only disrespectful to all women but also unacceptable. And even though Jill's happiness will be disrupted for a while atleast it won't be a lifetime of being miserable standing by a man who isn't totally committed to her, she deserves better and so do all women!

Lets have some women code and stop enabling cheaters and making excuses for them!!!!!
    I'm with you there suza19. The revelations after the fact sometimes do give us the missing pieces. It all ends up making sense. Many ah ha moments.
    Maybe that's why I keep harping on her comment about women being proud of her decision. If she knew all the Ed stuff ahead of time, how could she think that would be supportive of women everywhere? I find that confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3632163;
    Well, Ed or Chris Harrison has admitted that he was allowed to work at least a couple hours a day while he was on The Bachelorette. I read that somewhere. Supposedly, these "couple hours a day" was when he was talking (in some form) to the girlfriend(s).

That's what I was so confused about: if he was allowed to work while he was on The Bachelorette, then why did he have to leave to go back to work? I'm sure a JED fan will have a logical explanation (smile) but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    I'm not an Ed fan, I liked Kiptyn, Ed and Reid all the same. Mark the pizza guy was my actual favorite

Anyway, I've dated a guy with a job (IT for a major company) and work ethic/hours very similar to Ed's. He worked late at home almost every night, worked a couple of hours a day all through vacations, etc.. That being said, there were a couple of instances that things came up and he had to go in or go back from vacation early. Basically he couldn't solve the problem working remotely.

I don't know what the truth is with Ed leaving the show, but from my experience it could have very well been a work related absence.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3632163;
    Well, Ed or Chris Harrison has admitted that he was allowed to work at least a couple hours a day while he was on The Bachelorette. I read that somewhere. Supposedly, these "couple hours a day" was when he was talking (in some form) to the girlfriend(s).

That's what I was so confused about: if he was allowed to work while he was on The Bachelorette, then why did he have to leave to go back to work? I'm sure a JED fan will have a logical explanation (smile) but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Ah, so again Ed was accorded special privileges and that explained how he was able to communicate with the girlfriends. That was my one question especially after reading the excerpt from Tina's blog on just how draconian they were.

It begs the question why Ed was accorded so much more leeway than it seems anyone. Was it because he was indeed recruited and he was able to name his own terms?

Anyone with one eye and half good sense can tell that those folks on production knew exactly what was going on - or what was not going on. If Ed was abusing his electronic toy ( whatever it was) by contacting someone in a manner in which he should not, why in the name of Sam Hill did they not take his toy away from him? Would somebody please tell me that? Problem solved.
    Aye there is the question. Did they want Ed to hang himself? He is an IT guy, he might be better qualified than anyone else to fool the handlers? Esp if he thought this was a big game and I'm going to show the guys back home I can outwit these producers etc. Clearly Ed is a very persuasive guy so he may be he had his handler bamboozled too. I got the sense from Tina's Blog that the handler does not sleep in the same room, they don't have a camera on you 24-7, though I guess they could contractually. Did they take his toy away after his designated four hours? Even Tina was able to sneak out and grab her laptop from home and bring it back.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-02-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3632181;
    Yes...that is what she said in an interview. Supposedly is costs $60K . . . I really don't like the style. . .I think it fits in with Ed's cheesiness that he picked the most expensive. . . . I think he did it because it was THE most expensive not because of the style.
    I never saw anything that said it was the most expensive ring. I would say most of Neil's rings were valued at 50-60k, they were all very similar. Where was this stated?

Since I was not around last year, forgive me if this is old news, I found it interesting in some comments on Reality Steve's most recent blog, that 2 people are alleging that Melissa was last Season's Wes or Ed, that she was either already involved with Tye BEFORE the show and hence the reason her parents did not want to meet Jason or that she started seeing Tye certainly before the ATR, particularly because Tye said something that would mean they were already involved before the finale aired. I mean Melissa's made out like a bandit, if people want to know why people with boyfriends or girlfriends come onto the show.

And I forgot that Tanner said that 2 guys had girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3632316;
    Since I was not around last year, forgive me if this is old news, I found it interesting in some comments on Reality Steve's most recent blog, that 2 people are alleging that Melissa was last Season's Wes or Ed, that she was either already involved with Tye BEFORE the show and hence the reason her parents did not want to meet Jason or that she started seeing Tye certainly before the ATR, particularly because Tye said something that would mean they were already involved before the finale aired. I mean Melissa's made out like a bandit, if people want to know why people with boyfriends or girlfriends come onto the show.

And I forgot that Tanner said that 2 guys had girlfriends.

I don't know when Melissa started seeing Tye and honestly don't care. Remember that Jason broke up with Melissa at the taping of the first ATFR which was taped at the end of January, way before the finale was aired. So if she was seeing Tye before the finale aired, she already knew that Jason was seeing Molly.

Tanner actually said there were 3 guys with girlfriends.

FORT Newbie

I have never posted here before so this may have been previously brought up. In my newspaper today is an article called Reality TV's harsh reality uncovered. By Edward Wyatt of the New York Times. It deals a tiny bit with the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. I have a link to the article but not sure if I can post it.

Quote Originally Posted by snugltz;3632350;
    I have never posted here before so this may have been previously brought up. In my newspaper today is an article called Reality TV's harsh reality uncovered. By Edward Wyatt of the New York Times. It deals a tiny bit with the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. I have a link to the article but not sure if I can post it.
    Welcome snugltz, this is a media thread so you can link and I think you can also copy and paste the pertinent excerpt so long as you accredit the source, someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Funny that the NY Times is covering this issue now.

Interesting, at the alphabet board they are now making a concerted effort to delete any posts that suggest ABC knew about G-F gate.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

I think Arielflies , when talking about Ian's song meant that they played it when Ed got out of the limo at the FRC.

jlccaz, I also found it odd they never showed Ed's face up close, in fact there were hardly any up close moments at the FRC. All the other FRC's that I can recall they zoom in on their faces (sometimes too closely, lol) to show emotion...maybe the emotion on Ed's face wasn't there. It definitely was shown on Reid and Kiptyn's face up close. Those 2 let downs were more emotional than the actual proposal by Ed. JMO

SDMOM, yes! you should watch BB, it's awesome but it's time consuming...it airs 3 nights a week so it's best to record it and watch it when you can. It's funny...there is a showmance brewing btw Jeff & Jordan and they interviewed their parents about it for a segment and Jeff's mom reminded me of Reid's....she said, practically verbatim, that he has been hurt before so he is cautious (about women).
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by suza19;3632190;
    ITA, Lets have some women code and stop enabling cheaters and making excuses for them!!!!!
    What an excellent concept -- a women code! While we are at it let's make sure we add the following inclusions in this virtual "woman code".

As starters . . .

Do Not . . . .
    -Be a gossip monger.
    -Repeat information which is unsubstantiated . . . over, and over, over again ad nauseam.
    -Intentionally make other (ANY) women look bad through lies and gossip
    -Pretend to be best friends with a woman yet blabbing her personal life to others and or on the Internet.
    -Forward and/or share your best friends personal emails and text messages to/with 3rd parties (or the Internet).
    -Throw a temper tantrum when others don't believe your rumors.
    -Resort to high school or "mean girl" tactics when you don't like what other women say or when they donít share your opinion.
    -Interfere in your friend's life.
    -Sell out by consulting with Reality Steve et al on any issue whatsoever.

Do . . . .
    -Say something of value and/or use constructive criticism when speaking with your women friends.
    -Reach out to your fellow females in need, without judging her and rather offer your outreached hand -- not the back of your hand.
    -Always be there for your friend.
    -Listen to your friend's side of the story.
    -Intervene in her life only when it is a true emergency but check out the facts first.

JMO

Closed Thread